PDA

View Full Version : Vickers Mag Release for the Gen 4 Glock

05-13-12, 22:15
I just got a few of these. These are absolutly fantastic, and greatly improve a mag release that I honestly thought was just fine the way it was. But I am very glad I decided to check out what LAV came up with and it is a MUST have, IMO.

Thank you Mr. Vickers, for coming up with these.

gatorfan605
05-14-12, 08:57
Just placed an order to replace mine on a G34. I hate the factory extended version.

05-14-12, 09:00
That would be the slide release, I am referring to the magazine release. But Vickers has solutions to both.

gatorfan605
05-14-12, 09:03
That would be the slide release, I am referring to the magazine release. But Vickers has solutions to both.

The Glock34 has an extended mag release as well. Thats what I ordered.

05-14-12, 09:10
Oh, Gen 3 then? My Gen 4 34 has the same mag release as my other Gen 4 Glocks.

gatorfan605
05-14-12, 09:15
Yes sir, it's a gen3

varoadking
05-14-12, 17:53
Congratulations, fellas...you managed to confuse the living hell out of me in just a handful of posts...

I have no idea what either of you is trying to convey...

JHC
05-14-12, 18:18
Congratulations, fellas...you managed to confuse the living hell out of me in just a handful of posts...

I have no idea what either of you is trying to convey...

ROFLMAO!!! Prime good hit right there. :D

Palmguy
05-14-12, 19:06
I think the Vickers mag release is a nice improvement over the OEM part on both the Gen3 and Gen4 guns. It is an "install upon arrival" item for me now. Glad the Gen4 part is finally out on the market.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q116/bridoyal/DSC_1735.jpg

Tier One Arms
05-20-12, 12:20
I think the Vickers mag release is a nice improvement over the OEM part on both the Gen3 and Gen4 guns. It is an "install upon arrival" item for me now. Glad the Gen4 part is finally out on the market.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q116/bridoyal/DSC_1735.jpg

I like the FDE, is that a factory trigger you have on there?

Palmguy
05-20-12, 13:25
I like the FDE, is that a factory trigger you have on there?

Thanks. The trigger/trigger bar on this gun is a factory Gen3 Glock 17 part.

rkba01
05-20-12, 14:16
In my case, carrying the G19 (gen3) in a Crossbreed Supertuck, I found that the magazine sometimes was released after sitting in the car or when the gun was otherwise pressed tight against the body.

I ended up with a nervous tick of pressing the mag into the well with the gun still seated in the holster after getting out of the car. I eventually ended up switching back to the factory mag release as I rarely carry a spare magazine anyway.

If I were to carry a spare mag regularly I would try out different holsters because the Vickers mag release is a definite improvement over the factory mag release.

Ironman8
05-20-12, 14:50
In my case, carrying the G19 (gen3) in a Crossbreed Supertuck, I found that the magazine sometimes was released after sitting in the car or when the gun was otherwise pressed tight against the body.

I ended up with a nervous tick of pressing the mag into the well with the gun still seated in the holster after getting out of the car. I eventually ended up switching back to the factory mag release as I rarely carry a spare magazine anyway.

If I were to carry a spare mag regularly I would try out different holsters because the Vickers mag release is a definite improvement over the factory mag release.

I installed the Vickers mag release yesterday (it definitely helps positively eject the magazine over the stock Gen4 part), and have put the gun down on various surfaces (mag release side down) and pressed down on the gun trying to get the magazine to eject...didn't happen for any surface tested on, so I'm not sure what's happening in your case...I really like this addition!

The Vickers Mag Release along with the Vickers Ext. Slide Catch, Vickers Baseplates, Glockmeister Grip Plug, and Hackathorn sights will be on any and every Glock that I own.

pr1042
05-21-12, 09:24
The Vickers Mag Release along with the Vickers Ext. Slide Catch, Vickers Baseplates, Glockmeister Grip Plug, and Hackathorn sights will be on any and every Glock that I own.

Same here except for only using baseplates on my 17 mags, they dont cooperate with my hand when using a 19 mag.