PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Defense Omega-X FSP Rail Update

Singlestack Wonder
05-14-12, 16:42
Just received another new Omega-X 12FSP rail for a current build. The rail now includes anti-rotate tabs that lock around the upper receiver. While rotation has not been a problem, this is a good feature to incorporate into the design.

kenken
05-14-12, 16:56
I like this rail, but it is expensive. Does it include the bbl nut?

It is an awesome piece. 'Saving' as we speak.

kenken

SteadyUp
05-14-12, 18:26

kenken

Yes, it includes the bbl nut.

It's listed under "features" here: https://danieldefense.com/rail-systems/omega-x-rail/omega-x-railtm-12-0-fsp-carbine.html

Singlestack Wonder
05-14-12, 21:48

kenken

I've owned/own all of the various Daniel Defense rail systems. The Omega-X is my favorite due to the light weight and the ability to remove the rail for barrel maintenance without removing the barrel nut. Now having the anti-rotate tabs makes it even better.

Yes, it does come with the same barrel nut as the Lite and RIS II series.

Warg
05-15-12, 09:56
If you don't mind, can you share where you purchased this- either publicly or via PM? I picked one up from a vendor very recently and it must be old stock as it does not have the anti-rotation tabs.

Thank you.

SteadyUp
05-15-12, 19:53
If you don't mind, can you share where you purchased this- either publicly or via PM? I picked one up from a vendor very recently and it must be old stock as it does not have the anti-rotation tabs.

Thank you.

Just to add some data to the mix, I purchased an Omega X 12.0 FSP from MidwayUSA in October 2011, and it is equipped with the anti-rotation tabs.

KyAKGuy
05-15-12, 23:26
Just to add some data to the mix, I purchased an Omega X 12.0 FSP from MidwayUSA in October 2011, and it is equipped with the anti-rotation tabs.

Got mine in March of 2012. Midway had the best price i could find at the time. Came with the barrel nut and the wrench for it.

Upgraded from an OMEGA 7.0

KyAKGuy

prodgi
05-16-12, 06:41
Same here, picked one up from Midway a little over a year ago it too has the tabs.

Singlestack Wonder
05-16-12, 20:06
Ditto on Midway.

!Nvasi0n
05-20-12, 18:11
I can't wait to get mine here soon! I can't justify buying a new mid length upper. And I wish to get my arm extended out and shoot thumb-over-bore style. I'm big enough of a boy the recoil difference in carbine versus middy won't make much difference, buy grip and posture sure will

KyAKGuy
05-20-12, 18:33
I can't wait to get mine here soon! I can't justify buying a new mid length upper. And I wish to get my arm extended out and shoot thumb-over-bore style. I'm big enough of a boy the recoil difference in carbine versus middy won't make much difference, buy grip and posture sure will

The thumb-over hold is nice. I have long arms and it makes a big difference in control of the gun
and how it points to target.
I did notice one quirk. I keep getting his black stain on the ball of my left hand, just below my thumb.
Couldn't figure out just what it was.
Turned out to be the carbon blow by from having to take of the FSB.
It must not have been fired enough yet to have re-sealed the leaks.

Other than that, i have no complaints with the grip posture.
FYI, i'm using an AFG with the front of it 3 rail slots from the end.
Works well for me.

KyAKGuy

bullittmcqueen
05-21-12, 09:35
I've had mine about 8 months and it has the tabs as well, came from midway when they were having a sale on it for $199. I have no idea how and when they decide to have sales on the DD rails but it pays to wait for one.

Dionysusigma
05-21-12, 17:16
Quick semi-off-topic question: do Omega X rails have enough room on the inside to run a low-profile gas block under them comfortably? I like the slim dimensions of the Omega series, but am planning a non-FSB SBR build in the future.

SteadyUp
05-21-12, 20:58
Quick semi-off-topic question: do Omega X rails have enough room on the inside to run a low-profile gas block under them comfortably? I like the slim dimensions of the Omega series, but am planning a non-FSB SBR build in the future.

I just measured my Omega X (which is a 12.0 FSP model), and the interior dimension of the rail is approximately 1.125" wide by 1.0" tall.

obucina
05-21-12, 21:07

kenken

keep an eye out for it on midway. I got mine from them for $199 and the proprietary wrench for $20!

bullittmcqueen
05-22-12, 10:47
yes a low-pro gas block fits under Omegas. I previously ran a low-pro GB under a midlength omega with no issues at all.

Dionysusigma
05-22-12, 16:57
Thanks, SteadyUp and bullittmcqueen. :) My dream PDW/SBR draws ever nearer... :D

KyAKGuy
05-22-12, 18:28
keep an eye out for it on midway. I got mine from them for $199 and the proprietary wrench for $20!

They come with the wrench now...:smile:

KyAKGuy

justin_247
05-23-12, 01:20

Thank you.

I was just in the Riflegear store the other day, and the ones they had all came with anti-rotation tabs... and let me tell you, that rail locks up TIGHT.

txf15crewchief
05-23-12, 12:01
I bought mine in March from Shooters Supply in Louisville, KY and it didn't come with a wrench or anti-rotation tabs :(