PDA

View Full Version : M203 build help

MAJK
05-14-12, 18:47
Hi all!

I'm looking for an exploded diagram with parts list and numbers to build a title one M203. I need any info/diagrams/video to help with the build.

I have all the parts except the 37mm barrel and front mount. So, if anyone has a 37mm barrel or can convert a 40mm barrel to 37mm let me know. Yes, I have a registered DD as well. The receiver and barrel are not in the same home eventhough I also have a registered M203. I'm looking for help with the build not a review of the laws regarding 40mm vs 37.

M35A2Driver@aol.com

I have the specs/blue prints and built it but need a 37mm barrel or have someone sleeve my 40mm barrel with a 37mm sleeve

gin828
05-17-12, 23:25
I would not sleeve a 40mm barrel but thats up to you. Randy Shivak is the only person I know of that made the 37mm for a M203. Sadly he is retired. If you have blue prints just have a machine shop make you a barrel but keep in mind there is no carved in stone chamber spec for 37mm. You might want to sign up over at Grog's 37/40mm Forum. Somebody might be able to help you out over there. Keep an eye on Gunbroker sometimes they show up.

MAJK
05-18-12, 00:05
I would not sleeve a 40mm barrel but thats up to you. Randy Shivak is the only person I know of that made the 37mm for a M203. Sadly he is retired. If you have blue prints just have a machine shop make you a barrel but keep in mind there is no carved in stone chamber spec for 37mm. You might want to sign up over at Grog's 37/40mm Forum. Somebody might be able to help you out over there. Keep an eye on Gunbroker sometimes they show up.

might just register it as 40mm if I cant find the 37 mm barrel

SOWT
05-18-12, 00:10

x2 on Grog's forum. They have a few folks who have registered 37MM as a DD.

Reagans Rascals
05-18-12, 00:57
I have 203 tech manuals and it gives part numbers for reference on the last few pages

I have a list of US Army Engineering Drawings for each part of the 203 and 79, but I can't log into JEDMICS to get them

if you can find someone with JEDMICS access I can send you the numbers to look up...

MAJK
05-18-12, 08:22
I have 203 tech manuals and it gives part numbers for reference on the last few pages

I have a list of US Army Engineering Drawings for each part of the 203 and 79, but I can't log into JEDMICS to get them

if you can find someone with JEDMICS access I can send you the numbers to look up...

I used this web sight for parts and did the build
http://www.bodermansports.com/Firearms/Shivak_Mfg/M203_Parts/m203_parts.html

Reagans Rascals
05-18-12, 08:30
may I ask how much you have into so far?

I only ask because I've actually considered going the title 1 route and found that website about 2 months ago, but the stand alone price for just the receiver and parts kit is a bit much.... and then factor in the barrel...

plus I'm looking more for a rail mounted 203, as I already have an older DD registered barrel mounted version...

I have heard in the past that LMT offers title 1 rail mounted receivers... that would be comparable in price to that one so I am more than likely going to try and give them a shot...

MAJK
05-18-12, 21:18
may I ask how much you have into so far?

I only ask because I've actually considered going the title 1 route and found that website about 2 months ago, but the stand alone price for just the receiver and parts kit is a bit much.... and then factor in the barrel...

plus I'm looking more for a rail mounted 203, as I already have an older DD registered barrel mounted version...

I have heard in the past that LMT offers title 1 rail mounted receivers... that would be comparable in price to that one so I am more than likely going to try and give them a shot...

I got it in trade then picked up a parts kit for it
its hard to find them as title ones. I already have one as a rail and this one is in the traditional form