PDA

View Full Version : Video of 762-SDN-6 on 300 BLK

Quiet Riot
05-15-12, 20:15
I took this video to show how quiet this suppressor can be even under the worst conditions. Even something as simple as unzipping your range bag echoes forever in this indoor range.

http://youtu.be/R5k41bTktB0

fastfive0
05-15-12, 20:29
Nice! I have two blackouts and they are a joy to shot suppressed.

quirino21
05-15-12, 20:46
I Have to get me a 300BO

Quiet Riot
05-16-12, 05:08
I Have to get me a 300BO

All the cool kids are doing it.
:)

It is a fun, yet practical platform.

Eurodriver
05-18-12, 06:33
Let me start off by saying I understand how quiet a 300BLK subsonic is suppressed.

But, that didn't sound very quiet at all... Maybe next time you could compare it to something unsuppressed? Like a handgun?

Quiet Riot
05-18-12, 11:24
Let me start off by saying I understand how quiet a 300BLK subsonic is suppressed.

But, that didn't sound very quiet at all... Maybe next time you could compare it to something unsuppressed? Like a handgun?

Thanks for the suggestion.

The problem with videoing unsuppressed shots is that they are too loud for the microphone to proportionally represent the sound. In other words, what you hear in the video is pretty close to what you'd hear from the can if you were there in person. As one who understands the sound of a suppressed 300 BLK, you know that as quiet as it is, it still makes noise. Put that noise in a highly reflective box, and this is what you get.

If the video could actually represent the true sound of an unsuppressed round, you'd need hearing protection to listen to it. Since a standard video doesn't proportionally represent the loudness of unsuppressed, it wouldn't be an accurate comparison.

The best analogy of the sound I've read is that of dropping a book on the floor- not SLAMMING it, but dropping it. That's what 300 BLK subsonics sound like to me when suppressed with the SDN-6, with maybe the addition of a bit of "whoosh" that you can easily discern from the video.

That's really why I thought this video was valuable. It allows you to clearly hear the complete sound of the suppressed shot. Most other videos I've watched don't convey that "whoosh" tone to the suppressed shots like this video does.