PDA

View Full Version : US Soldier Brutally Beaten By Thugs...

SteyrAUG
05-15-12, 21:45
http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories/article/255240/250/VIDEO-US-Army-soldier-brutally-beaten-in-South-Tampa-

Pretty rough video. Guys car broke down at 3am and he got jumped walking home by four shitbags. I'm not sure if soldiers are even allowed to conceal carry. This is why I'm not a huge fan of deep concealment, things happen real fast. Even with good situational awareness you may get little warning, this guy seems to have been caught completely off guard.

ICANHITHIMMAN
05-15-12, 21:58
Yep that sucks same thing happned to me on my first day of termal leave it sucks. I feel for him

feedramp
05-15-12, 22:05
Drudge stuck this article next to that one:
http://www.nationalreview.com/blogs/print/299918

Honu
05-15-12, 23:40
most likely another hate crime !!!
where is sharpton crying for justice on this one !!

this kinda crap makes me so pissed and the prob is most likely when/if they get caught they have priors and will get off with a slap and some more welfare money and do it again

MarkG
05-16-12, 08:52
Drudge stuck this article next to that one:
http://www.nationalreview.com/blogs/print/299918

Great article... Thomas Sowell is wired. I'm sure he is going to take some heat for the article.

Sensei
05-16-12, 09:54
I'm not sure if soldiers are even allowed to conceal carry.

Not on post. Most of us who live off post must stop before the gate and lock our unloaded weapons in the trunk. Soldiers who live on post are additionally screwed since you can't store private weapons in barracks.

B Cart
05-16-12, 10:20
This isn't a race hate crime though because it wasn't white on black. Apparently, only white on black is racist anymore. If the roles were reversed, and there were 4 white guys pounding a black kid, this would be all over the national media touted as a hate crime, and more people in the streets yelling "justice for Treyvonn".

This type of crap is disgusting. That first sucker punch looked pretty vicious. Too bad this soldier didn't have a couple fellow unit members in his vehicle with him.

Iraqgunz
05-16-12, 11:46
Being in the military doesn't mean you can't CCW. You just have to jump through a few hoops. Since I was married my weapons were secured in my house. I put them in the trunk and once I was outside of the base I loaded and holstered. Easy day.

BCmJUnKie
05-16-12, 11:59
This isn't a race hate crime though because it wasn't white on black. Apparently, only white on black is racist anymore. If the roles were reversed, and there were 4 white guys pounding a black kid, this would be all over the national media touted as a hate crime, and more people in the streets yelling "justice for Treyvonn".

This type of crap is disgusting. .

Exactly. its only a hate crime if youre a "Minority" and get beat up or mugged.

Anything else is an "unfortunate accident" or

SteyrAUG
05-16-12, 12:33
Being in the military doesn't mean you can't CCW. You just have to jump through a few hoops. Since I was married my weapons were secured in my house. I put them in the trunk and once I was outside of the base I loaded and holstered. Easy day.

Thanks for the clarification. I knew there were related issues, but didn't know what they were. Too bad this guy wasn't carrying and paying more attention.

rojocorsa
05-16-12, 13:15
Still kinda ridiculous how supposedly free citizens (soldiers or otherwise) need some special permission for these things.

I bet 200 years ago, people would have found the concept for a license to carry a weapon preposterous Maybe as something as ridiculous as a license to wear pants, you get the idea...

Hope the soldier recovers soon.

And on that note, I like how Ghurkas always have their knives with them. Always.

GotAmmo
05-16-12, 13:20
Too bad this soldier didn't have a couple fellow unit members in his vehicle with him.

Well then they would just end up getting life in prison because some how there "military training" made them sadistic krackahs with super special forces training

NWPilgrim
05-16-12, 15:49
Wow, looks like it was on a more or less normal residential sidewalk. 3AM? And he was getting money out to give to the "panhandler", who then sucker punched him.

I'm sure the locals are being real helpful to identify the youts who did this work of justice, I mean brutal travesty. Were the some of Holders Peace Enforcers or whatever he calls his brownshirts? Or just local teens emboldened by a lax law enforcement/justice system?