PDA

View Full Version : So I got this bolt that is supposedly MPI...

JBecker 72
05-16-12, 14:38
Question, shouldn't a bolt that is MPI be marked as such? I recently got one from a popular source that has no markings. I was under the impression it would be marked if it was inspected.

jstyer
05-16-12, 14:43
DD bolts are not marked MPI...

GeorgiaBoy
05-16-12, 16:25
Who is your "popular scource"?

JBecker 72
05-16-12, 16:29
PSA, this was my first purchase from them. I was just curious if that was normal to get a bolt that wasn't marked. I got this one as a spare to keep if one of my BCM rifles go down. I would have gotten another BCM bolt, but they were sold out at the time.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

GTifosi
05-16-12, 16:38
I got one like that a while back (last year mabe) and called to ask about it as I didn't want to be stuck with a standard bolt while paying for a premium bolt.

Answer at the time was that they were tested and a portion of the batch didn't get etched but was assured the premium bolts were kept seperate from standard so there would be no question (on thier end) of what went into whichever BCG.

Sry0fcr
05-16-12, 21:51
I was under the impression it would be marked if it was inspected.

Not necessarily.

Jester67CA
05-17-12, 01:07
Just because it isn't marked doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't inspected.

Just because it is marked doesn't necessarily mean it was inspected

skyugo
05-17-12, 01:17
Just because it isn't marked doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't inspected.

Just because it is marked doesn't necessarily mean it was inspected

that's why i proof test and magnetic particle inspect every bolt at home.

MegademiC
05-17-12, 01:30
dont MPI tested bolts have residual magnetism? My buddies MPI tested bolt would "hold" onto the extractor pin. Should be a quick and easy way to make sure. My non tested bolt does not.

Iraqgunz
05-17-12, 04:13
Instead of posting that here. Contact PSA with your concerns.