PDA

View Full Version : ~ Wanting new carry .. 40 S&W

BRAZZEL
05-16-12, 18:59
~ Wanting to buy a new carry .. in 40 S&W ... Kinda looking at the Beretta Px4 Storm Type F Compact .40 S&W Pistol & the SIG P250 compact 40 S&W .... or something else ... want to stay around $500 .............. Comments ... suggestions.

Cosmo M3
05-16-12, 19:10
Why .40?

Why Sig P250? Why Px4?

Just curious

ffhounddog
05-16-12, 19:10
Glock 22/23, M&P 40, or FNX-40. FNP-40 is pretty good in 40 SW.

CZ-75 in 40SW works pretty well if you want all steel.

What is your current carry gun?

ffh

Sig P250 was dropped by the goverment. Also look at the Sig 2022.

BRAZZEL
05-16-12, 19:12
Why .40?

Why Sig P250?

Just curious

Like the .40 .. just used to it .. and I've owned mostly SIGs .. but I'm open ... I am leaning toward the Beretta.

number1olddog
05-16-12, 19:14
I just want to let you know that you might get some smack for the two weapons that you mentioned. Me personally I would stay away from the Sig and would not really recommend the Beretta. I personally do not have any experience with the Beretta but I do believe that there are better options out there. First I am a .40 guy like you and here are my carry guns

.40 Kahr PM
.40 M&PC
9 M&P Shield

Of these mentioned I would go with a 9 and go Shield. I understand that maybe this weapon really hasn't proven itself yet but it's bigger brothers have and I have total confidence in my Shield as well as my other two M&P's (.40 full size and .40c M&P's). Second choice would be a Glock 19 or a 23 if you really want a .40 and third a Kahr PM or CM series pistol. I know some don't like Kahr's but mine has served me well so far. You will get some really good responses better than mine shortly. I would post of pic of my Shield carry rig but it's at ATEi getting some work done:dirol:

BRAZZEL
05-16-12, 19:15
Glock 22/23, M&P 40, or FNX-40. FNP-40 is pretty good in 40 SW.

CZ-75 in 40SW works pretty well if you want all steel.

What is your current carry gun?

ffh

Sig P250 was dropped by the goverment. Also look at the Sig 2022.

~ SIG P239 .40S&W ...... want to stay around $500 ... and want a compact not a full size ... the Glocks are to pricey I think. Would like something not so heavy to ... that's why I'm tired of the P239 I've had for 11 years.

BRAZZEL
05-16-12, 19:18
I just want to let you know that you might get some smack for the two weapons that you mentioned. Me personally I would stay away from the Sig and would not really recommend the Beretta. I personally do not have any experience with the Beretta but I do believe that there are better options out there. First I am a .40 guy like you and here are my carry guns

.40 Kahr PM
.40 M&PC
9 M&P Shield

Of these mentioned I would go with a 9 and go Shield. I understand that maybe this weapon really hasn't proven itself yet but it's bigger brothers have and I have total confidence in my Shield as well as my other two M&P's (.40 full size and .40c M&P's). Second choice would be a Glock 19 or a 23 if you really want a .40 and third a Kahr PM or CM series pistol. I know some don't like Kahr's but mine has served me well so far. You will get some really good responses better than mine shortly. I would post of pic of my Shield carry rig but it's at ATEi getting some work done:dirol:

~ I have to stay in the $500 range ... and want a not so heavy compact to carry .... my SIG is just to heavy. ~ Not worried about any smack ... :D

BRAZZEL
05-16-12, 19:27
Also want DOA/SOA ... I like the no safety on my P239 ... I want to pull and shoot

Devildawg2531
05-16-12, 19:29
Glock 27

DeltaSierra
05-16-12, 19:30
~ SIG P239 .40S&W ...... want to stay around $500 ... and want a compact not a full size ... the Glocks are to pricey I think. Would like something not so heavy to ... that's why I'm tired of the P239 I've had for 11 years.

You can easily find a Glock that is within your price range...

Not at your local shop maybe, but....

I typed in Glock 23, and this is one of the first things that came up: http://www.impactguns.com/glock-22-g4-40-sw-15-rnd-mags-fixed-sights-pg2250203-764503052033.aspx

Now, I'm not saying that I'd buy a Gen. 4, or that I'd buy from this company - my sole point with this being that when I can, without taking more than 30 seconds, find a new Gen. 4 23 for $539, it isn't going to take too much time to find one for right around $500....

Good luck with your purchase!

BRAZZEL
05-16-12, 19:31
Glock 27

~ Whats that going for dawg ?

BRAZZEL
05-16-12, 19:33
Glock 27

~ Hmmm .. ok ~~ > http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_126593_-1?N=39632023+4294961477

BRAZZEL
05-16-12, 19:35
You can easily find a Glock that is within your price range...

Not at your local shop maybe, but....

I typed in Glock 23, and this is one of the first things that came up: http://www.impactguns.com/glock-22-g4-40-sw-15-rnd-mags-fixed-sights-pg2250203-764503052033.aspx

Now, I'm not saying that I'd buy a Gen. 4, or that I'd buy from this company - my sole point with this being that when I can, without taking more than 30 seconds, find a new Gen. 4 23 for $539, it isn't going to take too much time to find one for right around $500....

Good luck with your purchase!

~ Cool ... yeah, I like Glocks rep. ... just figured they were out of the price range ... thanks man.

BRAZZEL
05-16-12, 19:39
Glock 27

This one he suggested is interesting ... just don't like the DOA part .... would like the first pull to be DOA and then SOA from there on.

dirvo85
05-16-12, 19:43
How bout' this S&W M&P 40c for $477 or perhaps the new M&P Shield in .40 S&W? http://www.jetguns.com/sw-mp40c-40sw-35-no-mag-safety-10round-pf-286.html

I own a M&P 9c and a 9s and LOVE both of them! They are compact and shooters. Well at least the 9c is. I have had the 9c for several years and have put many rounds through it. The Shield hasn't been to the range yet but I haven't heard anything that has caused me to worry about the reliability of it.

Don't forget that Storm Lake makes conversion barrels for the 40 so you can shoot 357 sig (with the .40 S&W mags) and 9mm (with factory 9mm mags).

BRAZZEL
05-16-12, 19:49
How bout' this S&W M&P 40c for $477 or perhaps the new M&P Shield in .40 S&W? http://www.jetguns.com/sw-mp40c-40sw-35-no-mag-safety-10round-pf-286.html

I own a M&P 9c and a 9s and LOVE both of them! They are compact and shooters. Well at least the 9c is. I have had the 9c for several years and have put many rounds through it. The Shield hasn't been to the range yet but I haven't heard anything that has caused me to worry about the reliability of it.

Don't forget that Storm Lake makes conversion barrels for the 40 so you can shoot 357 sig (with the .40 S&W mags) and 9mm (with factory 9mm mags).

~ Not a bad looking rig ... again though ... kinda want a DOA/SOA ... but I do like it.

BRAZZEL
05-16-12, 19:50
~ This little guy interests me ~~ > http://www.berettausa.com/products/px4-storm-type-f-sub-compact/ ........ $499 at Academy.

badness
05-16-12, 19:59
This one he suggested is interesting ... just don't like the DOA part .... would like the first pull to be DOA and then SOA from there on.

You don't like the Dead on Arrival part?

BRAZZEL
05-16-12, 20:04
You don't like the Dead on Arrival part?

lol ... like the first pull to be double action ... then single ... Like my SIG P239 that I have now ..... this guy has that ~ > http://www.beretta.com/Defence-Pistols-Carbines/Defence/Compact/Px4-Storm-Compact/index.aspx?m=82&f=2&id=1272
Seems like a pretty nice gun to me .... I owned a Beretta 9mm many moons ago and it was anice gun ... other than being a pain in the butt to break down.

BRAZZEL
05-16-12, 20:24
~ Thanks for all the feed back ... I will print this out and go check them all out ..... I have not made up my mind by any means. ~ And I want to be sure before I buy. ~ More suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.
~ Where's the danged spell check on here ? LOL

BRAZZEL
05-16-12, 20:39

~ I do like this ... and the pull and shoot is what I'm looking for ...will check this bad boy out ... thanks ~~> http://www.jetguns.com/sw-mp40c-40sw-35-no-mag-safety-10round-pf-286.html

mikeith
05-16-12, 20:39
I'll sell u my m&p .40c for 425+ shipping. About 230 rounds through it with 0 hiccups!

BRAZZEL
05-16-12, 20:41
I'll sell u my m&p .40c for 425+ shipping. About 230 rounds through it with 0 hiccups!

~ Thanks for that offer .. but I'm going for new in the box. ~ Why do you want to sell if I may ask ?

mikeith
05-16-12, 20:44
I'm a pretty slim guy and don't like wearing baggy shirts.... Makes it a bit hard not to print... Selling to replace with a shield.

LOVE shooting it though. I just do t ever buy .40 ammo which is why I haven't shot it more than 230 rounds

BRAZZEL
05-16-12, 20:50
I'm a pretty slim guy and don't like wearing baggy shirts.... Makes it a bit hard not to print... Selling to replace with a shield.

LOVE shooting it though. I just do t ever buy .40 ammo which is why I haven't shot it more than 230 rounds

~ I hear ya ... yeah I'm looking for a easy to carry compact .. something for a waist holster I think ... My old SIG is just to heavy and doesn't hide to easy either.

ffhounddog
05-16-12, 21:41
Well looking for a DA/SA gun is going to be tuff today.

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-p07-duty/

If you want a DA/SA gun the CZ P07 duty I would get.

I like the CZ-85 and would take the P07 before some guns that are rated highly here.

Now I just need to get one for myself instead of using it in my last one day fam class.

RogerinTPA
05-16-12, 21:53
Like the .40 .. just used to it .. and I've owned mostly SIGs .. but I'm open ... I am leaning toward the Beretta.

Having owned a PX4 .40 for a couple of years and the amount of issues I had with it, and Beretta's customer service, which was dog shit in my opinion, I'd lean away from it. I traded it for an M&P40 and didn't look back. The weapon now has 10K+ trouble free rounds on it. Hit the yellow search button for threads of other folks having similar issues with the PX4 Storm in 40.

crowkiller
05-16-12, 22:29
DA/SA Id look at H&K USPc40, P2000sk, P30 of course it will be out of budget but they make the best imho. The Walther P99 AS is similar to a DA/SA but im not sure about if they come in compact availabilty and price.Im not sure but FN might have something.

F-Trooper05
05-16-12, 23:57
I'd check out the search function. All of these guns have been discussed ad nauseum. If you're waiting for someone to tell you the PX4 or P250 are good to go, you're on the wrong forum.

BRAZZEL
05-17-12, 05:45
Well looking for a DA/SA gun is going to be tuff today.

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-p07-duty/

If you want a DA/SA gun the CZ P07 duty I would get.

I like the CZ-85 and would take the P07 before some guns that are rated highly here.

Now I just need to get one for myself instead of using it in my last one day fam class.

~ Nice .... the only thing I don't like about this one is the back of the gun and how it seems it could snag on your shirt during the draw. But nice none the less. Thanks.

BRAZZEL
05-17-12, 05:48
Having owned a PX4 .40 for a couple of years and the amount of issues I had with it, and Beretta's customer service, which was dog shit in my opinion, I'd lean away from it. I traded it for an M&P40 and didn't look back. The weapon now has 10K+ trouble free rounds on it. Hit the yellow search button for threads of other folks having similar issues with the PX4 Storm in 40.

~ Good info ... thanks for that. ~ The M&P seems pretty popular on here so far I see. I will for sure go check that one out.

BRAZZEL
05-17-12, 05:52
DA/SA Id look at H&K USPc40, P2000sk, P30 of course it will be out of budget but they make the best imho. The Walther P99 AS is similar to a DA/SA but im not sure about if they come in compact availabilty and price.Im not sure but FN might have something.

~ Yeah H&K may be a bit out of my price range ... I know they do make great stuff .. the Walther on the other hand .. I have seen a few out there that may be worth looking into ... I had an old PPK in the past and it was a pretty nice little gun (380)
Thanks

Palmguy
05-17-12, 05:52
What holster and belt are you currently using?

BRAZZEL
05-17-12, 05:54
I'd check out the search function. All of these guns have been discussed ad nauseum. If you're waiting for someone to tell you the PX4 or P250 are good to go, you're on the wrong forum.

~ LOL ... and here he is. ~ Just listening to opinions ... I will make my own choice regardless of who says what. ~ Yours however ... has no substance.

BRAZZEL
05-17-12, 05:58
What holster and belt are you currently using?

I would have to buy a new holster ... Mine is waaaay out of date ... and nothing I want to keep. Would like something around the waist. ~ Was looking at these ~> http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

RogerinTPA
05-17-12, 07:12
~ Good info ... thanks for that. ~ The M&P seems pretty popular on here so far I see. I will for sure go check that one out.

I can't speak on the M&P40c, but having owned three 40 platforms, the M&P40 full size is the most controllable during rapid fire drills, ergonomic, and enjoyable to shoot than the other two. The trigger was descent right out the box. I added an Apex hard sear and Ultimate striker block (to all my M&Ps except the 45), which got rid of the grittiness, dropped the trigger to 4.5lbs, and made it a nice crisp trigger break...like butter.

BRAZZEL
05-17-12, 07:58
I can't speak on the M&P40c, but having owned three 40 platforms, the M&P40 full size is the most controllable during rapid fire drills, ergonomic, and enjoyable to shoot than the other two. The trigger was descent right out the box. I added an Apex hard sear and Ultimate striker block (to all my M&Ps except the 45), which got rid of the grittiness, dropped the trigger to 4.5lbs, and made it a nice crisp trigger break...like butter.

~ Thanks Rodger ... will be checking it for sure.

crowkiller
05-17-12, 09:41
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/55/products_id/32918/Handguns/Walther/Walther%208%20+%201%20Round%20Compact%2040S/W%20w/3.5/quot;%20Barrel/Adjustable%20S/Out of stock and a little over budget this is about the closest youll come to a light da/sa .40 for around $500. Heck Walther might not even make it anymore. If you can live without the da/sa I would go with a M&Pc 40 or a Glock Gen4 23 or 27.

Palmguy
05-17-12, 10:08
I would have to buy a new holster ... Mine is waaaay out of date ... and nothing I want to keep. Would like something around the waist. ~ Was looking at these ~> http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

If you are currently using a crappy belt and holster, and think your gun is too heavy...it may be the belt and holster that are the problem. A good belt and holster go a long way towards fixing your problem.

If you just want a new gun, that's cool, but personally I'd get a good belt and pick up an MTAC from Comp-tac first. It is a similar style to Crossbreed but you can swap out the kydex half for other guns in case you still wanted to get rid of your P239.

MistWolf
05-17-12, 12:01

~ LOL ... and here he is. ~ Just listening to opinions ... I will make my own choice regardless of who says what. ~ Yours however ... has no substance.

You're new here so I'll explain. His suggestion (not opinion) was to search the forums more. The fact is (not opinion) these pistol have been discussed quite a bit. If you want to know what the prevailing opinions about these pistols are, use the search button and do some reading. The fact is, (not opinion) few, if any, members on this forum will give the PX4 or the P250 a good to go rating for serious use. That's just the way it is.

I have some hands on experience with the PPQ 9mm. It's light, well balanced, snag free and accurate. It has a trigger safety like the Glock. It's trigger is a two stage with a single action crisp (for a polymer framed striker fired pistol) that breaks at a consistent 5.5 lbs.

The controls- slide release and mag release- are truly ambidextrous. The slide release is close to the pistol frame but has deep grooves for positive activation. I really like the mag release as it can be activated with either the thumb or trigger finger. I use the trigger finger as I don't have to shift my grip and it's an action very similar to using the AR mag release.

Mags drop free and feed is smooth. Loading them is a bit of a pain.

Down side is the PPQ is found to have more muzzle rise than other pistols. However, it comes with three different backstraps and selecting the right one for your hands helps quite a bit in controlling muzzle rise. They change out by simply pushing out a roll pin.

I use my PPQ as my daily CCW in an IWB Razor holster made for the S&W pistol (which actually fits pretty good) and it does not dig into my skin and the weight is negligible. The PPQ is less bulky than full sized service autos but is no compact. It comes with one spare mag and extra mags cost around $50. Few holster makers have PPQ holsters in their regular line up but it's easy to get Kydex holsters made at reasonable prices.

I really like my PPQ. I have about a half case of ammo through it and have had one instance where the slide didn't strip the round fully from mag, which I think I limp-wristed. The PPQ points and shoots well even one handed.

Just thought I'd share my experiences with the PPQ to give you something to think about. Welcome to the forum!

B Cart
05-17-12, 12:13
I know you want a DA/SA, but if you are open to other options, it might be worth checking out the Walther PPQ. I went from a .40 Sig P229 that I carried for 5 years, to the Walther PPQ and I love it.

IMO, the PPQ is a great mix between the HK P30 and a Glock 19. It has great ergonomics, is fully ambidextrous, has a fantastic trigger, and you can get it in .40 if that’s what you want. Also, you can get them new for $499, so it keeps you in your price range. Might be a good option to consider.

BRAZZEL
05-17-12, 12:19

Yeah I'm kinda locked into the budget at this time ... may have to hold off so I can go for something like one of those .... Thanks.

BRAZZEL
05-17-12, 12:21
If you are currently using a crappy belt and holster, and think your gun is too heavy...it may be the belt and holster that are the problem. A good belt and holster go a long way towards fixing your problem.

If you just want a new gun, that's cool, but personally I'd get a good belt and pick up an MTAC from Comp-tac first. It is a similar style to Crossbreed but you can swap out the kydex half for other guns in case you still wanted to get rid of your P239.

Good point Palmguy .... then I could buy toys for my 556R .. :D ... My P239 hasn't ever let me down ... I have 100% confidence in it.

BRAZZEL
05-17-12, 12:26
You're new here so I'll explain. His suggestion (not opinion) was to search the forums more. The fact is (not opinion) these pistol have been discussed quite a bit. If you want to know what the prevailing opinions about these pistols are, use the search button and do some reading. The fact is, (not opinion) few, if any, members on this forum will give the PX4 or the P250 a good to go rating for serious use. That's just the way it is.

I have some hands on experience with the PPQ 9mm. It's light, well balanced, snag free and accurate. It has a trigger safety like the Glock. It's trigger is a two stage with a single action crisp (for a polymer framed striker fired pistol) that breaks at a consistent 5.5 lbs.

The controls- slide release and mag release- are truly ambidextrous. The slide release is close to the pistol frame but has deep grooves for positive activation. I really like the mag release as it can be activated with either the thumb or trigger finger. I use the trigger finger as I don't have to shift my grip and it's an action very similar to using the AR mag release.

Mags drop free and feed is smooth. Loading them is a bit of a pain.

Down side is the PPQ is found to have more muzzle rise than other pistols. However, it comes with three different backstraps and selecting the right one for your hands helps quite a bit in controlling muzzle rise. They change out by simply pushing out a roll pin.

I use my PPQ as my daily CCW in an IWB Razor holster made for the S&W pistol (which actually fits pretty good) and it does not dig into my skin and the weight is negligible. The PPQ is less bulky than full sized service autos but is no compact. It comes with one spare mag and extra mags cost around $50. Few holster makers have PPQ holsters in their regular line up but it's easy to get Kydex holsters made at reasonable prices.

I really like my PPQ. I have about a half case of ammo through it and have had one instance where the slide didn't strip the round fully from mag, which I think I limp-wristed. The PPQ points and shoots well even one handed.

Just thought I'd share my experiences with the PPQ to give you something to think about. Welcome to the forum!

~ Thanks for that info man .. That's the kinda stuff I'm wanting.. and my apologizes to the other dude that I thought was just being sarcastic ... my bad.

BRAZZEL
05-17-12, 12:31
I know you want a DA/SA, but if you are open to other options, it might be worth checking out the Walther PPQ. I went from a .40 Sig P229 that I carried for 5 years, to the Walther PPQ and I love it.

IMO, the PPQ is a great mix between the HK P30 and a Glock 19. It has great ergonomics, is fully ambidextrous, has a fantastic trigger, and you can get it in .40 if that’s what you want. Also, you can get them new for $499, so it keeps you in your price range. Might be a good option to consider.

~ Thanks B Cart .... yeah, it's just that I'm used to it and don't want a lever safety ... just want to pull and shoot ... But I am not the type to just shut everything else out .. My mind is open to something new. ~ I like the look of that gun and the price is right ... and I have owned a PPK in the past and it was a nice little gun. ~ Will check it out ... thanks

operator81
05-17-12, 13:16
I carry my issued P229R off duty and the weight is no issue with the proper gear. Get yourself a good stiff belt and a good holster. I'm using a Filson Double Belt and a Wilderness 5-Stitch with a Milt Sparks Versamax 2. Very comfortable, very stable. A polymer gun with a crappy setup won't help you. A crossbreed or MTAC would be comfortable as well. Just keep rocking your P239 with the right equipment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

BRAZZEL
05-17-12, 13:21
I carry my issued P229R off duty and the weight is no issue with the proper gear. Get yourself a good stiff belt and a good holster. I'm using a Filson Double Belt and a Wilderness 5-Stitch with a Milt Sparks Versamax 2. Very comfortable, very stable. A polymer gun with a crappy setup won't help you. A crossbreed or MTAC would be comfortable as well. Just keep rocking your P239 with the right equipment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

~ Yeah, that really sounds like a good idea. I think I may go that way. Thanks. .... this is my P239

BRAZZEL
05-17-12, 13:23
~ This is my P239 https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12237&stc=1&d=1337278974

B Cart
05-17-12, 13:45
~ Thanks B Cart .... yeah, it's just that I'm used to it and don't want a lever safety ... just want to pull and shoot ...

The PPQ doesn't have an external safety. It's completely pull and shoot. That is why I liked it a lot, because I was also used to the Sig and I didn't like manual safeties. Here is a pic if that helps. Sorry for the poor picture quality

BRAZZEL
05-17-12, 14:59
The PPQ doesn't have an external safety. It's completely pull and shoot. That is why I liked it a lot, because I was also used to the Sig and I didn't like manual safeties. Here is a pic if that helps. Sorry for the poor picture quality

~ Nice ! ... now I like it even more ... stop it .. LOL ... they had me just about talked into keeping my SIG :blink:

BRAZZEL
05-17-12, 16:09
~ Just wondering ... If the almighty Glock is so great why does it only have a 1 year warranty where as the SIG has a lifetime warranty? ~ Was checking out the Glock G23 .40 S&W and noticed the warranty ... made me go hmmm. ~ I know they make great guns .... so why such a short warranty ? ~ Not slamming Glock in anyway ... nor am I comparing it to SIG. so don't beat me up .. LOL

B Cart
05-17-12, 16:09
~ Nice ! ... now I like it even more ... stop it .. LOL ... they had me just about talked into keeping my SIG :blink:

Haha well if the picture is persuasive, don't actually shoot one! You will be hooked for sure!

The grip feels awesome, and the trigger is probably the best stock non-1911 trigger out there. The reset is extremely short and the trigger is a nice crisp 5.5 lb pull. It shoots like a dream :dance3:

BRAZZEL
05-17-12, 16:16
Haha well if the picture is persuasive, don't actually shoot one! You will be hooked for sure!

The grip feels awesome, and the trigger is probably the best stock non-1911 trigger out there. The reset is extremely short and the trigger is a nice crisp 5.5 lb pull. It shoots like a dream :dance3:

~ It is at the top of my list to check out B Cart ...... Dang you !! LOL

Thanks

MistWolf
05-18-12, 12:26
I guess posting photos of my PPQ won't help you any either! :D
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/Handguns/DSC_0020.jpg

BRAZZEL
05-18-12, 12:54
[QUOTE=MistWolf;1309388]I guess posting photos of my PPQ won't help you any either! :D

~ I was pretty much convinced in keeping my SIG ..... that's out the window :lol: ~ That's really nice dude .... I will be going to hold one this weekend.
Thanks ................. dang it ! .................. and nice photo effect .. I like it.

MistWolf
05-18-12, 13:15
Glad to help a brother out! :dance3:

The PPQ in a Bladetech Razor for the S&W M&P 9. It fits surprisingly well, holding the PPQ very securely yet it draws easily.
The holster is longer than the PPQ slide & barrel but that hasn't posed any problems.
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/Handguns/DSC_0015.jpg

The PPQ alongside a stainless steel Colt Gold Cup Commander
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/Handguns/DSC_0013.jpg

The PPQ is light and balances well. Even when empty, it does not feel top heavy. This and the M&P were the first polymer framed, striker fired pistols I have really liked. I chose the PPQ because I like it's trigger better and found the magazine release to be easier to use

BRAZZEL
05-18-12, 19:29
~ I am the type to listen to the school of fish ... but I swim alone. ~ Thanks to everyone for your feedback & suggestions .. although I don't think I followed any of them :smile: ~ The winner for me was the Beretta PX4 Storm .40 S&W ... and I am very happy with my purchase ... I am also VERY happy with my SIG 556R 7.62 X 39 ... thanks again for all the feedback ... I found it very interesting and I strongly considered and checked out your suggestions .... but I made my own choice and I am happy with it. Thank you !https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12245&stc=1&d=1337386825https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12246&stc=1&d=1337386825

RogerinTPA
05-18-12, 23:21
Post seeking advice. Check.

Good first hand info given on your choice, better alternatives given. Check.

Info totally ignored by you. Check.

Decision to buy made prior to posting this thread and looking for validation. Check.

Why in the world did you seek out advice if you were hell bent on buying a substandard gun anyway??:suicide:

You seem to be opening threads for validations, then withdrawing when you don't like what you hear. Check.

This thread is the very reason why members go off on new guys.

You have no idea what this forum is about or what you stepped into.

You should restrict your post to TOS (The Other Site, AKA AR15.com) going forward. They will be right up your alley.

Read more, use orange search button and Post Less.

~ I am the type to listen to the school of fish ... but I swim alone. ~ Thanks to everyone for your feedback & suggestions .. although I don't think I followed any of them :smile: ~ The winner for me was the Beretta PX4 Storm .40 S&W ... and I am very happy with my purchase ... I am also VERY happy with my SIG 556R 7.62 X 39 ... thanks again for all the feedback ... I found it very interesting and I strongly considered and checked out your suggestions .... but I made my own choice and I am happy with it. Thank you !https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12245&stc=1&d=1337386825https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12246&stc=1&d=1337386825

BRAZZEL
05-19-12, 00:44
~ LOL !!! Rodger that Rodger !! Check ! ... you guys are to much for me ... check ! .. and Rodger and out ... Rodger .... you will not hear from me again ... ok .. Rodger. Rodger that Rodger ... check ....... and out !! ..... ~ I have sent a e-mail asking to be removed from your beloved forum Rodger ..... Rodger that ? ... ok.

Some of you guys need to get a life ! You read way more into things than need to be. ~ Bye Rodger !! ... LOL !
I don't need you to verify a damned thing for me Rodger !! Rodger that ! ............................... OUT !

packinaglock
05-19-12, 07:30
:confused:
~ LOL !!! Rodger that Rodger !! Check ! ... you guys are to much for me ... check ! .. and Rodger and out ... Rodger .... you will not hear from me again ... ok .. Rodger. Rodger that Rodger ... check ....... and out !! ..... ~ I have sent a e-mail asking to be removed from your beloved forum Rodger ..... Rodger that ? ... ok.

Some of you guys need to get a life ! You read way more into things than need to be. ~ Bye Rodger !! ... LOL !
I don't need you to verify a damned thing for me Rodger !! Rodger that ! ............................... OUT !

Off the meds again huh?

PiercedJD
05-19-12, 08:43
I'm still a bit confused about the distinct need for a DA/SA over a DAO. with any of the available drop in trigger kits all of the popular DAO models have very smooth light triggers with little to no pre travel/over travel, crisp breaks,and short resets.

You just skip that wonderfully long first pull.

I fail to see the downside? :confused:

ralph
05-19-12, 08:47

And yet another one walks away, Butt-hurt about his purchase of both a substandard rifle, and now pistol, and not getting any approval from anyone..Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way back to TOS!!!

B Cart
05-19-12, 22:27
And yet another one walks away, Butt-hurt about his purchase of both a substandard rifle, and now pistol, and not getting any approval from anyone..Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way back to TOS!!!

A huge +10 to that! It's no wonder some of the more knowledgeable guys on here quit replying to these guys posts. They ask for advice, but have really already made up their mind otherwise, and then act like a butt hurt D Bag when they get called on it.

Gotta love the Internet