PDA

View Full Version : what about a state section or area section

pearson
01-10-08, 18:28
it would be fun to have a section like south west AZ NM Socal, and a mid west section KS CO TX OK and then people could post things like going shooting at this range any body want to meet up, or maybe some competitions would be fun. on the other hand is there not a section like this because of liability of people not knowing each other and guns being involved.

Just a thought most of the car forums i am on are like this it might be a good idea to have one here also.

John

olivers_AR
01-11-08, 20:53
it would be fun to have a section like south west AZ NM Socal, and a mid west section KS CO TX OK and then people could post things like going shooting at this range any body want to meet up, or maybe some competitions would be fun. on the other hand is there not a section like this because of liability of people not knowing each other and guns being involved.

Just a thought most of the car forums i am on are like this it might be a good idea to have one here also.

John
Sounds like a good idea to have local forums. :)

--Olivers_AR

Bulldog1967
01-11-08, 22:10
I agree....although the VA forum would get the most traffic! :D :eek:

Robb Jensen
01-11-08, 22:17
I agree....although the VA forum would get the most traffic! :D :eek:

No doubt! :p

rob_s
01-12-08, 10:39
Not a horrible idea, but the site probably isn't big enough to really warrant it just yet. Most people can log in once a day and catch up with all the "new posts" that are of interest within 30 minutes to an hour.

ST911
01-12-08, 12:08
Not a horrible idea, but the site probably isn't big enough to really warrant it just yet. Most people can log in once a day and catch up with all the "new posts" that are of interest within 30 minutes to an hour.

More sub-forums also dilute message traffic, clog new-post scans (like OAF at GT), and inevitably end up with less topical stuff.

I like the way this board is more about guns, and less of the social-networking of so many others.

rob_s
01-12-08, 12:16
I like the way this board is more about guns, and less of the social-networking of so many others.
Good point. I'm thinking more in the way of getting together with other locals for training opportunities and organizing classes, etc.

pearson
01-13-08, 14:19
i can see how it would dilute the major sections

rhino
01-13-08, 16:14
I might dilute the other sections (although I doubt by much), but local/regional forums would also be a place where much of the banter, socializing, and other "off topic" messages could go. People who don't like that stuff could avoid it easily by just cruising the original forums.

The Indiana Hometown on AR15.com and Indiana Clubhouse on Glocktalk.com are pretty much the only reasons I go to those places. They tend to be far more civilized than most of the other non-technical, non-training forums.
That is, of course, related to the sheer size of those places as well, so I'm not sure how that would translate to this tiny corner in the online world.

RogerinTPA
01-14-08, 16:38
Sounds like a good idea, but I think there are enough state forums on every weapon, competition and hunting subject across the net to keep this forum on the M-4 topics for what it was based on, no?