PDA

View Full Version : SCORE...The Best Deals Are At The Cop Shop...

SteyrAUG
05-17-12, 12:15
So I was hanging out with one of my buddies who is the local "fix it" guy for a local PD, armorer/gunsmith/gun monkey." Sometimes I'm there to check out the new LE/MIL only toys in person, other times I'm there dropping bolt heads into a bucket of mineral spirits.

At any rate by the back door they usually have a few boxes of useless crap. Basically things they can't throw away but nobody is going to use so it just sits there forever. I always pick through this stuff ever since the day I found original wood grips for a S&W J frame that somebody swapped out for Hogues for their BUG.

The box should be full of Glock magazines with everyone coming over to Gen 4 Glocks but somehow all those "Gen 3 only" magazines haven't found their way into the junk box and usually find their way into personal vehicles.

But what I did find was 6 HK USP 9mm magazine still in the wrap. USPs only saw limited use to begin with and then everyone switched over to the P30 and other similar variants assuming they weren't carrying a Glock.

Since there are no more USPs in the department inventory all parts and accessories became "junk."

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7281/000000001674.jpg

Since I'm a LE dealer who has sold them some NFA stuff in the past I can do trade ins and things like that. So my buddy simply sold them to me for $10 each.

Currently I'm trying to get them to upgrade to T1s so they can get rid of those old, useless ACOGs.

ST911
05-17-12, 17:53
Good score. There's a little LE supply shop I like to visit when traveling that's badly run by folks that don't ever seem to know what stuff is, or is worth. I rarely leave empty handed or disappointed.

chadbag
05-17-12, 21:54
Dang, I would have bought them too for $10/pc

I have a 9mm USP FS I got in 94, though I don't use it for carry any more or anything. (And they work as 40S&W mags too with one less than a regular USP 40 mag).

Good score!

SteyrAUG
05-18-12, 00:45
I have a 9mm USP FS I got in 94,

That is when I got mine.