PDA

View Full Version : Changing America: Minority Births Now Outpace Whites

Packman73
05-17-12, 15:02
How is this relevant to the future of the USA? Thoughts?

America hit a demographic milestone last year, with new census figures showing for the first time more than half the children born in the U.S. were minorities.

That percentage just barely eked over the halfway mark, with minorities making up 50.4 percent of U.S. births in the 12-month period ending July 2011. But it marks a steady trend -- minorities represented 37 percent of births in 1990.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/17/minorities-now-surpass-whites-in-us-births-census-shows/#ixzz1v9v6mQnA

QuietShootr
05-17-12, 15:04
We're ****ed....but not only does nobody care, they're going to call you a racist for bringing it up.

(Okay, there are about 0.0001% of us who care, and we don't matter.)

SteyrAUG
05-17-12, 15:15
I could care less about minority birthrate or population percentage. It means nothing to me as "race" is about as pointless a classification as categorizing people by hair color.

What concerns me greatly is the cultures commonly embraced by most of these groups which advocate and promote violence, ignorance and hatred for others. Basically tribalism.

Worst of all, in an effort to prove they aren't "racist", this culture has been accepted as mainstream by the majority of Americans of all races. As a consequence, American culture has been dragged down to this lowest common denominator.

If the typical minority was like Neil Tyson we'd hardly have any problems at all.

VooDoo6Actual
05-17-12, 15:29
Not surprised in the least, no cathartic epiphanies there. This was discussed & forecast several years ago.

Some people are finally connecting the dots to their own puzzles.

Eurodriver
05-17-12, 15:47
I wonder if we took SoCal, NYC, and Chicago (along with the surrounding areas) out of the picture if that would change things.

SteyrAUG
05-17-12, 16:14
I wonder if we took SoCal, NYC, and Chicago (along with the surrounding areas) out of the picture if that would change things.

I have been a minority in my county for 10 years now. Of course I haven't seen any kind of government assistance or affirmative action.

TAZ
05-17-12, 17:04
Their color isnt relevant to the future is America. What is relevant is their social standing for lack of better terminology that I can think of. If they are hard working decent people the country is better off with them. If they are welfare or other entitlement rats we are screwed.

feedramp
05-17-12, 18:31

Moose-Knuckle
05-18-12, 01:00
Just another domino falling in it's place. . .

It was decided long ago that America could never taken over by force. This is just one of MANY engines of social change brought about to be a means to an end.

In case you haven't noticed, there as been an onslaught against the white American male for decades now.

Edit: Now that it's offical, where is all my "free" shit . . . :confused:

SMETNA
05-18-12, 02:08
As long as a man supports the rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, and supports the constitution and the bill of rights, supports property ownership and the free market, and supports armed personal defense, I care not about any other trait of his.

CarlosDJackal
05-18-12, 11:03
Minorities now surpass whites in US births, census shows

Isn't this an oxymoron? Since "whites" are not outnumbered, doesn't this now make them a "minority"?

Eurodriver
05-18-12, 11:12
Isn't this an oxymoron? Since "whites" are not outnumbered, doesn't this now make them a "minority"?

I'm not sure if there is a "minority" if there is no "majority." :confused:

SteyrAUG
05-18-12, 12:59

Former minorities will always retain their minority status for purposes of benefits and imagined oppression.

MistWolf
05-18-12, 13:13
I could care less about minority birthrate or population percentage. It means nothing to me as "race" is about as pointless a classification as categorizing people by hair color.

What concerns me greatly is the cultures commonly embraced by most of these groups which advocate and promote violence, ignorance and hatred for others. Basically tribalism.

Worst of all, in an effort to prove they aren't "racist", this culture has been accepted as mainstream by the majority of Americans of all races. As a consequence, American culture has been dragged down to this lowest common denominator.

If the typical minority was like Neil Tyson we'd hardly have any problems at all.

Agreed. It isn't "race" that's the enemy of liberty, it's mindset. I'd rather live in an America where, although I was the minority in skin color, the majority are liberty minded people

Cesiumsponge
05-18-12, 13:15
"White" as a demographic we accept in today's society was a fairly recent homogeneous racial category. Folks a hundred years or two ago used to pick on the Italians and Irish coming in through the east coast, mixing into a mostly British and Germanic caucasian pool.

I'm a non-caucasian minority, but I'm the "wrong kind" and get no cool perks like affirmative action and other bits of legislation that benefit certain minorty groups. And if you ever tried to offer me an unfair advantage to "level the playing field" because I'm supposedly too stupid to even compete at an equal level, I would spit in your face for insulting my abilities and intelligence to make it on my own merit. I never applied for a single grant or loan for higher education that wasn't open to everyone else. Maybe that's just the Libertarian streak in me.

I feel for American caucasians. Frankly the racial makeup of America is irrelevent. The problem is the social and political baggage that comes with it. You've become the punching bag of liberal politics. A Polish friend of mine was being called a racist slaver because he had similar viewpoints as I do (fairness, no special treatment exceptions), but it is politically incorrect coming from the mouth of a caucasian American, even though his family came to the US to flee Russian communists shortly after WWII and had absolutely no ties to American events before their immigration. My own grandparents fought in the Second Sino-Japanese War (WWII to most folks) and escaped the Chinese communists during the Cultural Revolution purge following. The generation of immigrants that escaped being one of the 100 million purged by communists find the attitude of many minorities with the "poor me" attitude laughable. If you can get them to open up honestly, most outright disdain them.

I don't pretend to understand what kind of hardships other minorities in our country suffer today but I don't buy the excuses. I feel bad for you white folks and I don't get a voice because I'm not perceived as a suffering minority. I don't know what the solution is.

Caeser25
05-18-12, 15:24
As long as a man supports the rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, and supports the constitution and the bill of rights, supports property ownership and the free market, and supports armed personal defense, I care not about any other trait of his.

This. I only care if they are a true American. Unfortunately the political left associates the constitution with slavery and morons actually buy it, hook, line and sinker.

Moose-Knuckle
05-18-12, 15:34
This. I only care if they are a true American. Unfortunately the political left associates the constitution with slavery and morons actually buy it, hook, line and sinker.

There is no such thing as a "true American" any longer, now we only have "hyphenated Americans". :help:

SteyrAUG
05-18-12, 16:45
Agreed. It isn't "race" that's the enemy of liberty, it's mindset. I'd rather live in an America where, although I was the minority in skin color, the majority are liberty minded people

Hell I'd be willing to settle for people with basic consideration and common courtesy for others.

wahoo95
05-18-12, 17:28
Maybe I'm being sensitive but there seems to be a tone to this thread where some folks only think ghetto trash when they think minority? I may be off base, but if I were then why is there so much concern for things becoming like that of the worst people. Minorities just like Whites are groups comprised of sub groups which can be further divided by socio economics and culture. In other words "most" minorities are not bad people and aren't all on welfare it looking for handouts.

As many others have mentioned it really doesn't matter what someone looks like as long as they are good honest hard working people that want the best for the families and believe in the importance of the US Constitution.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

SteyrAUG
05-18-12, 17:50
Maybe I'm being sensitive but there seems to be a tone to this thread where some folks only think ghetto trash when they think minority?

Because it seems to be more common than the alternative, sadly. And it ain't about race, I hate white gang bangers, meth heads, welfare as a occupation and loser 30 somethings still living at home with mom and dad as much as their minority counterparts. Minorities tend to take the rap because the cultures of drugs, violence, ignorance and hatred came from them.

But I can accept decent people regardless of skin pigment.

Moose-Knuckle
05-19-12, 02:35
Maybe I'm being sensitive but there seems to be a tone to this thread where some folks only think ghetto trash when they think minority? I may be off base, but if I were then why is there so much concern for things becoming like that of the worst people. Minorities just like Whites are groups comprised of sub groups which can be further divided by socio economics and culture. In other words "most" minorities are not bad people and aren't all on welfare it looking for handouts.

As many others have mentioned it really doesn't matter what someone looks like as long as they are good honest hard working people that want the best for the families and believe in the importance of the US Constitution.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

If you take the Indians out of India its not India anymore, if you take the Chinese out of China. . .so on and so fourth.

VLODPG
05-19-12, 07:41
Agreed. It isn't "race" that's the enemy of liberty, it's mindset. I'd rather live in an America where, although I was the minority in skin color, the majority are liberty minded people.

Unfortunately it will never be!

sadmin
05-19-12, 08:34
If you can't find the voters, you breed them in.

SMETNA
05-19-12, 22:16
If you can't find the voters, you breed them in.

Or let them immigrate in. Illegally.

More Mexican nationals have died in the last 3 years from their cartel violence than U.S. KIA in the Vietnam War

Cesiumsponge
05-20-12, 14:55
More Mexican nationals have died in the last 3 years from their cartel violence than U.S. KIA in the Vietnam War

That makes it seem like Mexico and the cartels did it all by themselves without any help. The United States plays a huge hand in the uptick on cartel violence. The cartels just dumped 49 human bodies along a US/Mexico highway, but not before they decapitated them and removed all the arms and legs.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/total-barbarity-as-mexican-cartel-dumps-49-torsos-along-highway/2012/05/13/gIQACHNMNU_story.html

VooDoo6Actual
05-20-12, 18:08
Or let them immigrate in. Illegally.

Thats all part of the NAFTA/North American Union agenda. The Synthesis (Solution) after the Thesis & Antithesis is after people are so fed up w/ the violence they will gladly give up their privacy for security after it has all along been manipulated. Kinda like Ex-girlfriends I have had.

FUN heh ?

a0cake
05-20-12, 18:16
EDIT: Nevermind...don't need another GD war. :alcoholic:

SMETNA
05-20-12, 21:11
EDIT: Nevermind...don't need another GD war. :alcoholic:
If I have bad info, set me straight.

jaydoc1
05-21-12, 13:22
The trouble with Scotland is that it's full of Scots... If we can't get them out, we breed them out. That should fetch just the kind of lords we want to Scotland, taxes or no taxes.

Quote from a movie, yes, but the theory is sound. Obviously.

Packman73
05-21-12, 13:42
Quote from a movie, yes, but the theory is sound. Obviously.

Same quote came to me while contemplating this thread.