PDA

View Full Version : The online BS thread (5.56/.223 specific)

discreet
05-17-12, 22:26
Ok guys, I have been browsing around a lot these past few days, as time has permitted me to do so. I have seen such an abundant amount of BS on other forums, or websites it's almost jaw dropping. It seems the more I browse the more I see people saying stuff that's more than head scratching. SO... point in this thread (if moderators approve), is posting some of the head scratching BS you have found online. Please just quote, and not post up user names or forum names, if it's on a forum etc. IE, no need to bring other sites etc on this, just some posts/crazy stuff.

First off:
"I like them both.Stag is still in business and Bushmaster has been closed.Warranties aside anyone's parts can be used if needed.Buy what you like"

This was from 2011, but still, yet another person taking a rumor and making it fact. Just like everyone online seems to do. Funny how Bushy closed a plant and suddenly they are out of biz.

Post up whatver you have. I'm jaw dropped about the he said she said stuff. Just like with the Saiga 12/20 being banned (no final ordeal has been made or even close to being made... it's back to he said she said bs).

Soooo entertain me... and others!

feedramp
05-17-12, 22:34
Lots of them here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=26703

TehLlama
05-17-12, 23:16
Why bother with a thread here. It's too easy to find elsewhere.

VIP3R 237
05-17-12, 23:20
Why bother with a thread here. It's too easy to find elsewhere.

True, lets not feed the masses.

discreet
05-17-12, 23:49
I don't want to look elsewhere because many of us work way too many hours each week to want to do so.

And the gun store thread is what drove me to this. I'd just like to see some of the horrific stuff posted online.

I hear plenty of stuff in person to crack up... but I get to read very little of it when I'm off work. IE like 20 min each month to read stuff online anymore these days.

If you guys want the thread gone, have it deleted by a mod. If not, let's please stay on task for mine, and others entertainment.

PS this is the only gun forum I bother to go to. All the time I spend online is about coding and network security, so the few min I get to look into my hobby, the more nice it is when I get to have a good laugh at the same time!

Stickman
05-18-12, 00:01
If you are looking for a thread on stupid gun stuff, try posting it in General Discussion. You might have better luck, and it makes it easier for those of us looking for quality weapon posts.

There have been other threads like this, and they all seem to vanish or get locked.

discreet
05-18-12, 00:03
If you are looking for a thread on stupid gun stuff, try posting it in General Discussion. You might have better luck, and it makes it easier for those of us looking for quality weapon posts.

There have been other threads like this, and they all seem to vanish or get locked.

I posted this in the general AR section because this thread is 100% specifically about 5.56/.223 AR's. Not your whole range of guns.

And also looking for quality weapons posts... I honestly doubt one fun thread is going to mutter up the list of them. I'm more than fine if this "vanishes" or "get's locked" I just think it's fun and relaxing for some of us. People just need to use their senses and don't step on others toes or take it too far. If I wanted a complete he said she said ordeal I would just look towards the gun shop thread. I just want to specifically see your typical AR type comments (that I can bet would never happen if I posted in the general section).

ZoneOne
05-18-12, 00:05
No need for a thread, just go to any gun show. UTG parts galore.

tonyxcom
05-18-12, 00:07
This thread (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=105652) is pretty dumb.

discreet
05-18-12, 00:35
No need for a thread, just go to any gun show. UTG parts galore.
Some of us don't have time or means to go to gun shows... let alone gun shops.

This thread (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=105652) is pretty dumb.

troll much?

tonyxcom
05-18-12, 00:36
Truth hurts?

Raven Armament
05-18-12, 00:40
You want that kind of crap, go to www.thehighroad.org. It's full of garbage posting like you desire.

duece71
05-18-12, 00:48
A moderator will be along shortly to pull the plug on this thread. Its going no where anyway.

discreet
05-18-12, 01:00
Close the thread Moderators, as it seems regular members here would rather fill a thread meant for good fun with trolling and worthless off topic posts, and also, do exactly what was meant not to be... by posting other forums urls etc.

It seems people can't be mature and just go along on topic, rather they jump at any reason to troll. It almost seems as if this was an Airsoft forum by the types of replies in this thread... minus Stick's post... as his was at least professional like the rest of his comments are. A+ there comrade with no asskissing involved.

tonyxcom
05-18-12, 01:10
I'll concede that this thread did give me a little chuckle. But don't blame us because of your thread fail.

Iraqgunz
05-18-12, 03:55
There is plenty of trash if you seek it. We prefer to post more intelligent things that matter such as how certain items perform, technical aspects, etc...