PDA

View Full Version : Man shot after taunting boy in Denver Taco Bell "took it like Robocop," witnesses say

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-18-12, 10:16
The two were flashing gang signs and taunting each other, said Kaia Cleveland, 14.

Police heard the shooting and witnesses pointed them in the direction the suspect was running, said Det. John White, Denver police spokesman.

Villa... ....As he turned the corner at 16th and California, he saw his friend Chris on the sidewalk near the entrance of Anthony's.

He walked up to Chris, who was "chilling with a bullet in his leg — you know what I mean. He took it like RoboCop."

"I said, 'How are you doing. You just been shot,'" Villa said. Blood was pouring out of a hole on the inside of Chris' right knee.

Villa said Chris and the boy who shot him belong to different gangs, and they had been jawing at each other for a long time.

"We're hoping that someone will give us more details," he (White) said.

White said the shooting may be gang related.

May have been gang related. I wonder what lead them to think that?

Great stuff here:
Literally a 'White' cop.
Two witnesses were named Kitchen and Carver.
Chillin with a bullet in his leg.
'May' be gang related. The only May in the story is the date.

That kid would have crapped a brick if after alluding to what he had in the bag and pulling his Hi-Point, he had run into some people I know around who carry their SBRs in their back packs.

Hit him in the right knee- sounds like a classic flinch/snatch of the trigger low and to the left.

Read more: Man shot after taunting boy in Denver Taco Bell "took it like Robocop," witnesses say - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_20647775/police-arrest-boy-16th-street-mall-shooting-after#ixzz1vEZh2qzx
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Moose-Knuckle
05-18-12, 15:40
This gets my vote for one of the best headline/thread titles this year so far. :D

The gangbanger was on so much smack he didn't feel a thing.

feedramp
05-18-12, 15:59
Ain't no thing like a kitchen chicken carver wing?

3 AE
05-18-12, 16:29
I think the Denver City Council is considering a city ordinance banning this :rolleyes: in public. They are also considering having teachers instruct their students how not to do this :rolleyes: in school. They face a three day suspension if caught doing this :rolleyes: For the sake of the children. :sarcastic:

M4Fundi
05-19-12, 01:59
When I spoke to some LEO buddies in the Denver area they told me that Denver had the highest new gang influx of any city in the country and Denver and CO were looked at by the gangs as the new frontier and all trying to take control.

Jer
05-19-12, 02:18
He may have took it like Robocop but he was crying like a school girl later in the ER and in the days to follow. I've seen it first hand. Someone shot in the leg is joking about it on-scene but hours later in the ER when the endorphins wear off it's a different tune they're signing.

When I spoke to some LEO buddies in the Denver area they told me that Denver had the highest new gang influx of any city in the country and Denver and CO were looked at by the gangs as the new frontier and all trying to take control.

Yeah, Denver is bad right now and the word on the street is that people are unarmed thanks to Denver's idiotic conceal carry & handgun laws. Couple that with the fact that several gangs are specifically targeting while individuals to spark some sort of race war and you have a recipe for disaster. I try to spend as little time as possible within the city limits for these very reasons. I also try not to spend money there and have done a pretty good job for years. If they decide to not override an individual's right to protect themselves against criminals who wish to do them harm I may consider returning.

M4Fundi
05-19-12, 03:39
yeah, I remember having to drive thru Denver to FT. Collins to compete and thinking if I get in an accident, searched, etc. the 30 rd mags and the X-tube on the shotgun are sending me to jail and getting confiscated for good:mad:

In Boulder they will send you to jail for using a sharp knife to cut your tofu:p

Low Drag
05-19-12, 06:49
Yeah, Denver is bad right now and the word on the street is that people are unarmed thanks to Denver's idiotic conceal carry & handgun laws. Couple that with the fact that several gangs are specifically targeting while individuals to spark some sort of race war and you have a recipe for disaster. I try to spend as little time as possible within the city limits for these very reasons. I also try not to spend money there and have done a pretty good job for years. If they decide to not override an individual's right to protect themselves against criminals who wish to do them harm I may consider returning.

What is the city of Denver doing now regarding CCW and current holders? Their web site has the permit info on it. Have they changed the laws?

Regarding gangs, Denver is soft and PC. They will reap what they sow.

J-Dub
05-19-12, 13:04
He may have took it like Robocop but he was crying like a school girl later in the ER and in the days to follow. I've seen it first hand. Someone shot in the leg is joking about it on-scene but hours later in the ER when the endorphins wear off it's a different tune they're signing.

Hmmm information i need to know, thanks. Lets hope they stay in Denver and dont migrate north lol.

Btw with all the adrenaline running through his body he probably did take it like a champ at first.....how about 30min-1hr later? lol

Kfgk14
05-19-12, 13:33
Last time I visited Denver, I went to a 7-11 (or some such gas station/convenience store) around 10pm. I was in there for five minutes or so, and probably ten kids went through and bought lighters in that time. Then some guy who looked about 20 years old bought two cartons of cigarettes. He returned a minute later with a bunch of $10's and $20's he needed change for.

All those kids were smoking cigarettes behind the store and talking a big game about "takin' back they cash" later.

As I was paying for my gas, I told the clerk he'd best close down early, and after a discreet explanation, he agreed. I stayed in the lot until he had drove off.

In summary, I'm unsuprised by this story on account of my experiences in Denver in the past. It's sad, too, because when I was younger Denver (maybe on account of my youthful ignorance) didn't seem that bad.

duece71
05-19-12, 20:45
Sad to hear this about Denver. I travel there for work fairly regularly and it is a very nice place to visit. I love Colorado and if I ever move there, it will NOT be to one of the bigger cities.