PDA

View Full Version : Lanyard Hole Crack on OD G17?

RichDC2
05-18-12, 19:08
Just noticed this today. It runs from the hole down to the end. I have had a plug in there since new so i do not know if that caused it. The gun runs 100%. I don't really care as long there are no other known problems to arise . Should i be concerned? Just leave it? Repair myself? Send back to Glock?

meat hunter
05-18-12, 19:19
I seriously doubt it is a problem but I would at least call Glock and see what they say about it. I have run a huge amount of ammo through my 23 with a plug in it and have never had any issue.

brushy bill
05-19-12, 19:29
Are you sure it is a crack? There is a seam there that might look like a crack. I cannot see how the plug can cause this.

polymorpheous
05-19-12, 20:19
Aggressive reloads perhaps?

I run a beveled plug in my G17 specifically to create a flared magwell.
I can see jamming speed reloads in there could do this.

This is just my speculation.
I have no data to substantiate this.

jeffreywt
05-19-12, 20:57
My OD G17 did the exact same thing when I put a plug in it.

It is my USPSA production division gun so I removed the plug to stay compliant with the "no external modification" rule. I also don't care about the crack but figured it was worth sharing. Since cracking it with the plug, I have put about 8k rounds through mine and slammed home plenty of mags. No new problems have arisen.

Palmguy
05-19-12, 21:43
It's about the best place for a crack to happen on a Glock frame (if one must have a crack). It is unlikely to propagate beyond the extent it already has. I wouldn't worry about...just keep an eye on the frame and inspect for other cracks.

gatorfan605
05-19-12, 22:33
If you contact Glock, they will replace it, no questions asked. But if it happens to be od, it will come back black. They've been out of those for quite some time.