PDA

View Full Version : weapons you wish you still had ?

warpigM-4
05-20-12, 13:38
I Know for Myself in the last few years I have had to sell off some of My weapons Just to Put food on my table because of this jacked up economy .
Being a Contractor I have fell on hard times:( I was offered a job with the sheriffs in the jail this year But it was part time pay would just cover my gas to work and no benefits so I had to turn it down until a full time slot opened up .
Just last week I had to sell My AK-103 with a sidefolding stock .
This was one of the first Guns I cut on and put the stock on .It Broke my heart I have had that weapon for over 10 years now .

It seems my safe is getting empty as the last 4 years drag on .
I have sold several handguns and gear .
what weapons Have you had to sell that you wish you didn't ?

I know there Might be a few here That has been in the Same boat .
with Prices climbing and some parts are just next to impossible to find.
I feel it will get harder and harder to replace some of the weapons i let go .Man do I wish I still had My Polytech legends they are Up to 2000 or more Now :cray:
please share your story what did you have that you could kick yourself for letting go .

sadmin
05-20-12, 13:47
My Marlin Golden 39A is one I wished I would have never sold. I put coins in a giant Ozarka bottle for a year or more until it was full and I hand rolled them all and went to the bank. I think it was close to 400.00 and it was all for the 39A. It was heavy for a 11 year old and seemed indestructible. I sold it for 200.00 when I got an MIP in high school and had to pay for my alcohol awareness class without my parents knowing. I hate the "dumbass kid" phase of life.

austinN4
05-20-12, 13:57
weapons you wish you still had ?

Every damn one I ever sold.

warpigM-4
05-20-12, 15:10
Every damn one I ever sold.

Amen to that

My Marlin Golden 39A is one I wished I would have never sold. I put coins in a giant Ozarka bottle for a year or more until it was full and I hand rolled them all and went to the bank. I think it was close to 400.00 and it was all for the 39A. It was heavy for a 11 year old and seemed indestructible. I sold it for 200.00 when I got an MIP in high school and had to pay for my alcohol awareness class without my parents knowing. I hate the "dumbass kid" phase of life.
I worked a summer job and had a jar that i put money back for My first Weapon a Mossberg shotgun a friends dad had ,
it was a task to save the 100 bucks .I was at Band camp and found My dad had pawned My shotgun without my knowing it :eek: But he has bought me a few since then .

glocktogo
05-20-12, 15:36
I'm not overly sentimental about guns. They're tools. If I no longer need a tool, I trade it off or sell it to fund a tool that I'll use.

About the only one I wish I still had is a 6" S&W 586 Silhouette I sold to a buddy. It's not like it's completely gone though because I have 1st dibs if he ever decides to sell it.

J-Dub
05-20-12, 15:43
My BCM/Noveske AR....had that damn thing exactly how i wanted it setup. And a vintage 870 16ga....wouldve been a great bird gun.

Oh well, only thing you can do is keep buying to replace them. lol

C-grunt
05-20-12, 17:02
The one gun I really regret selling was my Ruger #1B in 7mm Mag.

My uncle sold it to me when I was 15 or so. Just after I had turned 18 I was Javeline hunting with a few friends and a friend who was using it fell down the side of a mountain. He was alright but it cracked the stock and forend of the gun. I took it to a gunstore to ask how much it would cost to fix or replace. The store owner told me it was going to be expensive so I ended up selling it to him for a couple hundred bucks.

Ive always regretted letting that rifle go, especially now that I know you can find factory take off stock sets for around 50 bucks. But this week I am buying a Ruger #1A in 7x57 Mauser.

jklaughrey
05-20-12, 17:58
Grandfathers .455 Webley that my crackhead cousin stole.

Sent from my SPH-M920 using Tapatalk 2

a0cake
05-20-12, 17:59
My Marlin 336 in 35 Remington and my 7mm Winchester 70. At some point I decided to ditch all my non-tactical firearms. Man that was dumb.

J-Dub
05-20-12, 20:20
At some point I decided to ditch all my non-tactical firearms. Man that was dumb.

Shouldve consulted your sig line...

warpigM-4
05-20-12, 20:30
Oh I hate crackheads a Buddy of Mine had his dads 38 from way back in the day and his brother the crackhead stole it.the Police found it after it was used in a robbery and never got it back.

I about spit My drink out after reading the :p never go full retard

ralph
05-20-12, 20:40
A mint condition Smith-Corona '03A3..Sold it and another rifle(a factory engraved BL-22) back in the early 80's for gas money to get to a job a 300 miles up the road...For some odd reason, I kept the bayonet that went with the '03A3.. a 16" W.T. (still had cosmoline on the blade when I bought it at a flea market) A few years back, the CMP got a large supply of '03's and '03A3's in from Greece.. I was working inToledo at the time,I snagged a nice Rem '03 at the north store, and a few weeks later, one of the last '03A3's they had,( also a Rem,) it took me over 20yrs to get a replacement that was close in shape to the Smith-Corona I had..To this day, I regret selling it......

rushca01
05-20-12, 20:41
Sold my lmt mws over a year ago and kind of wish I had that one back.

E-man930
05-20-12, 20:53
My NIB H&K MK23... :(

warpigM-4
05-20-12, 20:53
A mint condition Smith-Corona '03A3..Sold it and another rifle(a factory engraved BL-22) back in the early 80's for gas money to get to a job a 300 miles up the road...For some odd reason, I kept the bayonet that went with the '03A3.. a 16" W.T. (still had cosmoline on the blade when I bought it at a flea market) A few years back, the CMP got a large supply of '03's and '03A3's in from Greece..I snagged a nice Rem '03 at the north store, and a few weeks later, one of the last '03A3's they had,( also a Rem,)

I wish CMP would Hurry up and get the M1 carbines and Garand and 1911's from South Korea that The Prez stopped and then Congress pushed the firearms collectors Act through .But then i would have to sell something else to Buy them:suicide: it never ends :fie: this Hobby of Mine

ralph
05-20-12, 21:20
I wish CMP would Hurry up and get the M1 carbines and Garand and 1911's from South Korea that The Prez stopped and then Congress pushed the firearms collectors Act through .But then i would have to sell something else to Buy them:suicide: it never ends :fie: this Hobby of Mine

I had a C&R for a number of years..I let it expire when Obama got elected, besides by that time, most of the good C&R stuff had pretty much dried up.(unless of course, you want a Mosin-Nagant) Within the last couple of years, I have been getting rid of rifles (mostly C&R) and handguns I no longer used..That ended up being 13 rifles, 6 handguns, I did however, keep the cream of the crop..Couple of really nice Swede Mausers (M96, M38) A mint Persian Mauser with matching bayo made by CZ, Both the '03 and '03A3 and 2 Garands.. I've got a couple of other rifles I'm debating on selling..

DeltaSierra
05-20-12, 21:45
Not a one...

In fact, glad of every one that I've sold...

SteyrAUG
05-20-12, 22:50
Since the economy got rough I've let a few go that I wouldn't have sold otherwise, but nothing irreplaceable.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
05-21-12, 00:20
Just about every one Ive ever sold. Which is why I dont sell them anymore.

My biggest gun regret is selling a Pre 64 Winchester Model 70 30.06. My grandfather gave it to me when I was 16, it had been his favorite rifle. I didnt value it, I was a stupid kid. I took it backpacking all the time and beat the shit out of it. Finally, when I decided I wanted something else, I traded it for an 870 and 100 slugs.

I had no idea what the value of it was, both emotionally and monetary. I would later come to find out that not only was that rifle worth over $3000, it would also go on to leave a huge hole in my heart, especially after my grandpa passed away.

jaxman7
05-21-12, 07:42
My biggest regret was selling my grandfather's Colt 1911 that he bought right after returning home from Europe in 1946. I look back on that now and kick myself EVERY time I think about that...getting ticked right now thinking about it.

-Jax

warpigM-4
05-21-12, 14:27
I still have a C&R FFL But as Ralph said there is not much out there to buy But Nagants and a few Handguns .I have sold about 6 Mosin Nagants and a few Makarovs .

But I will not let go of My Colt 6921 and Aimpoint PRO or My HK 45 compact .I sold My Aimpoint to a friend a while back and was able to get it back from him .Before the Bottom fell out again :sad:
I am working on finding a Firing pin for a 1937 Smith and Wesson Lemon squeezer that belong to My wife's Grand Father .

I know as a Kid we all make Bad decision when it comes to things handed down. My dad was given a Confederate sword that belong to a Family Member that was a Colonel .He Gave it to a friend :eek:Lucky for me i got one of his Medals I would never sell that .

Thank you Guys for sharing your stories I know some look at weapons as tools and nothing more. I guess i just get attached to things the Older i get it seems . I want to be able to Leave something to my daughter and it make its way down to Grandkids when i am gone But that is a while being she is only 12:jester:

DTHN2LGS
05-21-12, 14:41
The HK P7 PSP I bought in Germany while I was in the Army and brought home.

And every other one I sold too! :cray:

sgtjosh
05-21-12, 15:40
S&W 640-I personally did a kick ass action job on this one and customized a boot grip. This was an awesome shooting and easy carrying weapon.

S&W 686 4" barrel-I also had done an action job on this one. Smooth trigger...HH6 got really pissed when I sold this one. She had come to see it as hers.

I sold these to finance my last semester of college back in 97...they will be replaced someday...

Army Chief
05-21-12, 16:42
Probably the P7M10; not because it was an elegant or particularly useful weapon, but because people seem so willing to pay a king's ransom for them now.

Also parted with an Automatic Weaponry Witness Protection 870 AOW that I'd like to have back, but NFA ownership wasn't an especially practical thing to keep up with as a young Huey pilot with another 15+ years-worth of PCS moves looming on the horizon.

AC

Army Chief
05-21-12, 16:46
The HK P7 PSP I bought in Germany while I was in the Army and brought home.

That one I've held on to.

Happiness is no importation marks.

AC

warpigM-4
05-22-12, 09:20
Probably the P7M10; not because it was an elegant or particularly useful weapon, but because people seem so willing to pay a king's ransom for them now.

Also parted with an Automatic Weaponry Witness Protection 870 AOW that I'd like to have back, but NFA ownership wasn't an especially practical thing to keep up with as a young Huey pilot with another 15+ years-worth of PCS moves looming on the horizon.

AC
I wasn't sure of that weapon and looked it up some are selling for 2500 and up:eek: I held one a Gun show back in the day But I think it was the 9mm Not the 40 s&w

davidjinks
05-22-12, 10:55
P7M8
P7M13
SA Micro Compact 1911
Sig Sauer/Mauser M2 .45ACP

That Sig was scary accurate and ate anything you gave it.

Gramps
05-22-12, 11:22
Every gun I had to sell. The only three I did not mind getting rid of- Bolt action shotgun, and one I really wanted to get rid of: Taurus HG! And of course, don't ever want the "Oly" AR back either. Never want those three back.
Wouldn't mind having my pre 64 mod 70 back, and I enjoyed shooting my M1A "Bush" rifle.

khc3
05-22-12, 11:27
SIG PE57 w/ Kern 4x scope.

warpigM-4
05-22-12, 11:27
I forgot about the Sig/Mauser 45 I had one in layaway and swapped over to the P239 when it came out .
you don't see those Much .

i guess I got folks Picking their Brains of the one that got away .
I was going though some Pictures and found a Picture of my polytech Legend Underfolder I think I let that go for Like 450 Back in the early 90's Now they are Up 2000 and more .

Firearms are better than stocks they just keep going up in price.

my cousin was Talking about a polytech AKS-47 stamped version which i had 3 of in the 80's 279.00 with 3 mags ,bayonet and sling ,cleaning kit they really hooked you up .Do ya'll remember the 65.00 Cases of Chinese 7.62x39 ?Man those where the days.
My stepdad and i would do mag dumps all day until the wood was to hot to hold :D

ffhounddog
05-22-12, 11:38
I regeret letting go my Beretta 1986 92F, Beretta 92FS, Sig P220, West German P226, German P226, West German P228, P229 from 1997 that shoots better than my newer P229, and three Bravo company Middies with Rock River Lowers. The ex wife wanted the Middies so I sold them to pay the lawyer, My Sigs I sold when my ex and some of my friends wanted to consolidate on guns and they chose glocks.

I am actually contemplating getting rid of my HK USP compact in 40. I like it but since getting the P2000 in 40 it just is not getting the shooting time. Also I found a for me I think. I have a P2000 in 9mm my dad is carrying right now but with the Fiance issued gun a Glock I have shifted to carrying a glock again. I just like the feel of the Sigs. I shoot better with them too and have been issued a M11 and that is when I said I wanted one.

TomMcC
05-22-12, 11:44
My 1st AR (Colt SP-1) bought in 1980 for $400.00, a S&W 5" M27 I bought off a sheriff (circa 1977) in Wa. for $250.00, and a Colt series70 lightweight Commander.

DTHN2LGS
05-22-12, 12:09
That one I've held on to.

Happiness is no importation marks.

AC

Exactly !!!

warpigM-4
05-29-12, 11:35
well just sold my extra Colt Lower:(

But a Friend of mine who works with a different County Sheriffs office Told me they are hiring and would get me a APP ,the Last Correctional position I applied for only had Part time slots open no benefits and would not pay for my gas to get there ,

So Maybe there is a chance i will be able to start Buying again if i get this Correctional Officer Job say prayers and keep your fingers crossed for me Guys Thanks for telling me your stories it has helped a lot

I am down to My USP HK45 Compact and a Colt 6921 with a PRO and two 22 rifles My safe now has a echo in it :blink:

usmcvet
05-29-12, 20:22
Springfield M1A1 I had built in 1994 just before the ban with a parts kit imported from Israel, it had a gorgeous Winchester bbl made in 1964.

S$W 4" 686 is one I wish I still had and both of the S&W 642's I've bought and sold. The first one came out of my pocket for a Colt Detective special when they reintroduced them in the '90's, I hated that Colt. The second one came out of my pocket the day I saw a 340PD at my local cop shop and I left with that nasty little 340PD :D. I was thinking today that I want another 642 and that i will go full circle and trade the 340PD towards one.

Honu
05-29-12, 23:44
all of my guns from the 80s :)

HK91 stuff mostly
my AR stuff
ruger redhawk one of the first ones super low serial and my old black powder 44 old army
high standard military trophy that was so so so fun to shoot :)
my first glock again super low serial

warpigM-4
05-30-12, 12:03
all of my guns from the 80s :)

HK91 stuff mostly
my AR stuff
ruger redhawk one of the first ones super low serial and my old black powder 44 old army
high standard military trophy that was so so so fun to shoot :)
my first glock again super low serial

I agree with that i still kick myself the day I was at a gun show in 85 and saw a HK MP5 for around 700 and thought damn thats High:blink:then again in the early 90's I saw one of the first Russian tigers Come in and it was under a grand Man if I had a time Machine HAHA i would be retired now

ra2bach
05-30-12, 14:17
I had a Baby Browning that I traded for a revolver. worst firearms decision that I can think of...

R/Tdrvr
05-30-12, 16:37
I regret selling a Colt Python .357 with an 8" vent rib barrel. Sweet shooting gun.

Thomas M-4
05-31-12, 01:43
Guess it would be the SLR-95 really enjoyed that rifle.

M4Fundi
05-31-12, 05:30
Colt Python SS 6".......one neat hole at 25yds with handloads:(
I sold it because the firing pins kept breaking and it broke on a hunt and I traded it in anger:rolleyes:

S&W 629 MG 44Mag with the most beautiful custom grips...... divorce is a bitch:(

My first Noveske N4 with Geissele...... divorce is a bitch:(

S&W 642 Pre-Lock.......divorce is a bitch:(

SA TRP Champion Custom Shop Upgrades...... ortho surgeons are a bitch:(

The_War_Wagon
05-31-12, 07:50
LOT I've had and enjoyed at the time - AR's, AK's, a Canadian parts L1A1, and several 9mm and .40 pistols I owned back in the day - but the only one I REALLY wish I had back, was my genuine, pre-ban HK91. :( I DO regret letting that one get away...

yellowfin
05-31-12, 21:38
Far more I wish I'd bought when they were a hell of a lot cheaper. Stupid college days kept me out of the gun market b/c I couldn't have them on campus.