PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody else remember Wild Tiger energy drink?

a0cake
05-21-12, 20:18
It was the Red Bull of Iraq, but more delicious and way more potent...almost crack-like. Anyway, I just got off the phone with them (they're based in Amman Jordan), and they expressed interest in having it imported into the USA. The language barrier is a bitch, and despite my half-assed Arabic / slowly spoken English, I think I have a tentative verbal "affirmative" from them that they're interested in having me import it. So now the fun starts (FDA, Customs, drafting a contract that everyone understands, etc.). But hopefully this stuff will be available to us again soon. And if you're anything like me and my friends, it's long overdue.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/175/473749150_08930a5e2d.jpg

murphy j
05-21-12, 20:24
It was the Red Bull of Iraq, but more delicious and way more potent...almost crack-like. Anyway, I just got off the phone with them (they're based in Amman Jordan), and they expressed interest in having it imported into the USA. The language barrier is a bitch, and despite my half-assed Arabic / slowly spoken English, I think I have a tentative verbal "affirmative" from them that they're interested in having me import it. So now the fun starts (FDA, Customs, drafting a contract that everyone understands, etc.). But hopefully this stuff will be available to us again soon. And if you're anything like me and my friends, it's long overdue.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/175/473749150_08930a5e2d.jpg

Hells Yes! I remember that stuff :D That and Boom!Boom! energy drinks were all we bought.

ffhounddog
05-21-12, 20:24
Now this would get me to stop drinking coffee all day. That stuff is great. If there istravel from here to there I would not mind helping with distribution.

William B.
05-21-12, 21:05
It was the Red Bull of Iraq, but more delicious and way more potent...almost crack-like.

I may not be remebering correctly, but isn't that because they contain nicotine?

a0cake
05-21-12, 21:06
I may not be remebering correctly, but isn't that because they contain nicotine?

LOL, that was the rumor for a while, and it seems completely believable because of how addictive they are. But in fact the ingredient "Nicotinic Acid" is just a fancy way of saying "Vitamin B3" or "Niacin."

William B.
05-21-12, 21:12
But in fact the ingredient "Nicotinic Acid" is just a fancy way of saying "Vitamin B3" or "Niacin."

:o That must be what I was thinking of then. You know what they say about making assumptions...

Iraqgunz
05-21-12, 23:06
I remember that stuff all too well.....:D

Ghost__1
05-21-12, 23:36
I was just thinking this the other day. I would give my two left nuts for a wild tigre. I'm a freak of nature don't judge me. When I was in Budapest they have something very similar. A drink literally called "HELL". Same can also "booma". Good luck and count me in for cases and cases.

feedramp
05-22-12, 00:15
I wonder what kind of quality control standards a beverage plant there has, but I suppose if you're drinking el tigre loco to begin with, you probably don't care.

a0cake
05-22-12, 00:37
I wonder what kind of quality control standards a beverage plant there has, but I suppose if you're drinking el tigre loco to begin with, you probably don't care.

Haha, yeah. When you're messing around in a Tier 1 IED site, where the ground / road looks like the surface of the moon from all the IED holes, the quality control standards in the plant making the beverage you're sipping on is not high on the priorities list. And once the Wild Tiger grabs you, there's no getting away.

jklaughrey
05-22-12, 01:31
I am down for a couple cases. Can't wait to watch my sisters' bratty ass boys slurp down one...let the games begin.

Reagans Rascals
05-22-12, 01:43
I remember my friend telling me he used to drink an energy drink while deployed to Mosul, that he pretty much became addicted to like crack.... he said they put nicotine in it.... maybe this is the same one?

ffhounddog
05-22-12, 10:22
Add should have Joe's in the field doing work and then popping a Wild Tiger before going on Patrol etc etc...

Dang I got these things for 10-15 bucks a case.

JSantoro
05-22-12, 10:56
:lol:

Between this stuff, RipIt, and others, I lost count of all the dudes that spent a solid portion of the tours violently trembling their way to fitness! Granted, some of those were WAY tastier than Monster, Red Bull, and all the other domestic heartburn-inducing battery acid drinks.

There's a "60% of the time, it works every time..." joke floating around in here, somewhere.

a0cake
05-22-12, 14:10
:lol:

Between this stuff, RipIt, and others, I lost count of all the dudes that spent a solid portion of the tours violently trembling their way to fitness! Granted, some of those were WAY tastier than Monster, Red Bull, and all the other domestic heartburn-inducing battery acid drinks.

There's a "60% of the time, it works every time..." joke floating around in here, somewhere.

I once caught my old PSG filling up his Camelback with Wild Tiger. He looked like an ashamed family member who just got caught shooting up in the bathroom at a family dinner. He just quietly said "don't tell anyone, okay?" I thought about hosting an intervention as a joke (sort of), but as a new E4 at the time, I wisely decided against it, lol. The dude never fell out or showed one sign of weakness, but I no-shit never saw him drink a sip of water in 15 months spent in Iraq with him.

Endur
05-22-12, 19:52
I once caught my old PSG filling up his Camelback with Wild Tiger. He looked like an ashamed family member who just got caught shooting up in the bathroom at a family dinner. He just quietly said "don't tell anyone, okay?" I thought about hosting an intervention as a joke (sort of), but as a new E4 at the time, I wisely decided against it, lol. The dude never fell out or showed one sign of weakness, but I no-shit never saw him drink a sip of water in 15 months spent in Iraq with him.

That reminds me off my old squad-leader. All he did was drink coke and smoke and still could out pt just about everyone. While deployed it was always coke or wild tiger never water. He was a freak of nature.

Speaking of wild tiger that stuff was the shit but getting was a pain.