PDA

View Full Version : essential arms lowers

dialM4murder
01-11-08, 21:40
Quality? spec? do they work with Pmags?

Don Robison
01-11-08, 23:29
I can't speak to the new ones, but I've got a circa 1992/3 one. It works with Pmags, quality is ok for a cast receiver it's not pretty, but it's worked fine for a number of years and several thousands of rounds. I'm currently using it with my recon(ish) upper. It's not my first choice for a lower, but it's definitely not my last choice either. I've kept it basically because it was my first AR and it works.

billbailey
01-12-08, 01:08
I have a new EA lower that works fine with mil mags but the mag well seems snug and will not allow p-mags to seat seemingly due to insufficient interior mag well beveling. A little dremel action on the mag cured this. I dont really know where the problem lies but this worked for me. I am going to use my old mil mags with this gun and not mess up any more p-mags. I have had no other probs with this lower.

taliv
01-12-08, 15:18
i had a pre-ban EA gun that had well in excess of 10k rnds (guessing closer to 15k but I bought it before I started keeping round counts, so it's only a guess) through it with very few problems. and I shot most of those rounds before I learned the proper way to lube, so I doubt any of those malfs were due to gun.

i've helped a half-dozen people on budgets build hobby type guns using EA lowers over the past 2 years. None have have reported any problems. However, neither I nor any of those people used Pmags in EA lowers. (I use Pmags on other guns, but don't mix them) And they don't shoot their guns that much, and most of what they do shoot is with ceiner 22lr kits.

Deadduck
01-17-08, 14:47
The current EA lowers are forged, unlike the old cast ones, and I'd put them against anybody's for fit and finish. They're down here in Louisiana.

Just helped a friend build a carbine with one of their lowers, I'll have to ask him if he's tried a Pmag in it. I don't own any Pmags myself.

I just got one stripped lower from them, and may get a few more before the election.

http://www.essentialarms.com/

gman552
03-09-08, 22:55
I have an Essential Arms forged lower (purchased last month) - my seven PMags (11/07 and 1/08 mold dates) all drop free and feed without any problems.

I'm very happy with the lower, and ordered another one two days ago :D

tkoglman
03-10-08, 13:58
I've built two rifles in the past three months on Essential Arms receivers.

100% in all regards. Both drop free Pmags and USGI no problem.

I put a RRA LPK in the last one and it ended up with the best standard trigger I've ever experienced. I don't know if that was due to the LPK or the lower, but the bottom line is that the EA lower worked.

They will also sell direct to LEO's on department letterhead.