PDA

View Full Version : CA - Banning the bullet button.

Irish
05-22-12, 08:22
I've been insanely busy starting my new business and haven't been on M4C in quite a while. I didn't see this topic covered in a search so I thought I'd post it. Hope everyone's doing well in their personal and professional lives.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2012/05/20/cbs-5-story-inspires-new-legislation-to-ban-bullet-button/

“It is extremely important that individuals in the state of California do not own assault weapons. I mean that is just so crystal clear, there is no debate, no discussion,” said Yee.

That’s why the Senator is introducing a bill to ban the bullet button.

Abraxas
05-22-12, 08:52
The truly warped have no clue they are warped. As such they just continue down the abyss.

ralph
05-22-12, 10:42
Let's see..That state is reported to be 16 billion in the hole..and this is what they worry about... A classic example of clueless. I have to ask the libs in Calif, How's that old libtard Jerry Brown work'in out for ya?

Irish
05-22-12, 10:46
The truly warped have no clue they are warped. As such they just continue down the abyss.

Well said bro.

BrigandTwoFour
05-22-12, 10:53
Saw this earlier. I'll probably be getting stationed in CA within the next six months. I'm not looking forward to it.

The BB has been the one saving grace that I could keep my two ARs (neither are listed). I hope this doesn't happen. If it does, I hope it gets challenged against the "in common use" phrasing in Heller/McDonald

Raven Armament
05-22-12, 10:54
Pretty sure there's some military personnel exemption in CA.

woodandsteel
05-22-12, 10:55
Welcome back Irish! And best of luck in your new business venture.

There's definitely a lesson here. The antis, no matter which state they are in, will never be satisfied until all firearms and sharp pointy things are outlawed.

I feel bad for all the good people in California. I wonder if there is a chance to save that state from itself.

polymorpheous
05-22-12, 10:58
No debate, no discussion huh?
Hippy fascists.

WillBrink
05-22-12, 11:10
No debate, no discussion huh?
Hippy fascists.

It's for your own good. They know what's best for you. :rolleyes:

TomMcC
05-22-12, 11:38
Ca. gun guys are a pretty resourceful bunch. It's my hope that whatever law these yahoos come up with, there will be a guy to invent a whiggit to defeat it.

Artos
05-22-12, 11:55
sigh...it's on all fronts. I see all forms of using hunting dogs for tracking, upland and waterfowl to be banned soon in that state. Someone should tell the politicians that the caveman never would have stood up straight if it wasn't for their hounds.

http://www.ussportsmen.org/legislative-action/anti-hunting-bill-passes-california-senate/

JBecker 72
05-22-12, 12:10
Yeah, I leave in December and can't wait. This state is so ****ed it's not even funny. 17 billion in the hole and they are worried about the average Joe owning a neutered semi automatic rifle. :bad:

Ned Christiansen
05-22-12, 13:01
Bullet button-- isn't that a shoulder thing that goes up? :no:

Wake27
05-22-12, 13:10
I loved living there in high school a few years ago. Awesome place. VA has spoiled me though and I don't think I'd ever live there again. Unless this shit changes.

nimdabew
05-22-12, 13:29
Bullet button-- isn't that a should thing that goes up? :no:

You are thinking of a barrel shroud. Bullet buttons spray bullets at the push of a button, hence "bullet button"

feedramp
05-22-12, 13:36
Why anyone productive and intelligent who lives there still puts up with that nonsense is beyond me.

Safetyhit
05-22-12, 13:51
The firearm image in the first 2 seconds of the news clip tells you all you need to know regarding the credibility of the reporting.

rojocorsa
05-22-12, 13:52
Gotta love this bullshit. So about three weeks ago, a local CBS station puts up more or less a "hit piece" about CA-legal ARs.

Now this Leland Yee guy, a state senator wants to go on a moral crusade.

Black rifles are HUGE in CA these days. It will not end well for them if they actually try passing that.

Why anyone productive and intelligent who lives there still puts up with that nonsense is beyond me.

Easier said than done. It's a damn shame really. This place would be decent if it werent for its legislature.

Here is the original hit piece. :fie:
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/video/7103564-bullet-button-used-to-get-around-california-gun-laws/

SteyrAUG
05-22-12, 13:54
Eventually CA will have everyone back to muzzle loading flintlocks just like the Constitution intended.

drrufo
05-22-12, 14:06
Quote: Eventually CA will have everyone back to muzzle loading flintlocks just like the Constitution intended.

No, the idiots in Sacramento want all the guns gone. We don't need guns according to all the politicians and cops in the state.
They expect everyone to be good little boys and girls, too bad their wet dreams done work out in the real world.

feedramp
05-22-12, 14:08
Everyone other than the gangs, of course. Affirmative action at work.

Alex V
05-22-12, 15:40
No, the idiots in Sacramento want all the guns gone. We don't need guns according to all the politicians and cops in the state.
They expect everyone to be good little boys and girls, too bad their wet dreams done work out in the real world.

No no no sir... they don't want YOU to have guns. I am sure than senator's private security has guns. But its not cool for YOU to have it.

CarlosDJackal
05-22-12, 15:44

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that outside of the military issued items there isn't such an exemption in place anywhere.

This is yet another reminder why I refused that 6-figure job offer more than 12-years ago.

BrigandTwoFour
05-22-12, 15:47

Not anymore.

There is a clause that allows military personnel who are residents of other states to bring their "assault weapons" into the state and register them. But two years ago, they changed the paperwork to require a formal letter from the installation commander explaining why the individual has a bona fide need to keep an assault weapon as part of their duties. Seeing as all required weapons are issued by the military for duties, there is not a bona fide need for me to own my ARs. It amounts to a de facto ban for everyone, even those of us who have no choice on where we live.

A lot of guys I've known who used to have the exemption in their favor have now been told they need to surrender their weapons or remove them from the state (they have Colts that are banned by name and model number).

glocktogo
05-22-12, 16:11
Why anyone productive and intelligent lives there is beyond me.

FIFY.

When you take a beautiful place with abundant natural resources and fill it up with douchebags, the result is a place not worth living in. :(

sgtjosh
05-22-12, 17:00

None that I am aware of...

rojocorsa
05-22-12, 18:45
I think there is no more military exemption. Regardless, one guy I knew just kept hush hush about it...

He's back in Free America now, so no more problems.

And if any of you care:
http://calffl.org/news/news/96-text-of-sb-249-yee-released.html

davidjinks
05-22-12, 19:54
Wow…

So basically what will happen is this "Law" will get passed, anyone who currently has one of these "Evil Assault Weapons" will have to turn them in and not get compensated for it at all. If not, you'll be considered a criminal and a public nuisance.

How's that for a free country!!!

Iraqgunz
05-22-12, 20:05
Actually I doubt that there will be any side effects at all. The gun owners of California (IMO) are not organized and strong enough to fend off the rest of the liberalism that destroys the state.

Gotta love this bullshit. So about three weeks ago, a local CBS station puts up more or less a "hit piece" about CA-legal ARs.

Now this Leland Yee guy, a state senator wants to go on a moral crusade.

Black rifles are HUGE in CA these days. It will not end well for them if they actually try passing that.

Easier said than done. It's a damn shame really. This place would be decent if it werent for its legislature.

Here is the original hit piece. :fie:
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/video/7103564-bullet-button-used-to-get-around-california-gun-laws/

LowSpeed_HighDrag
05-22-12, 20:06
Having been stationed in CA for the past 4 years, and having owned black rifles the entire time, I can say that there is no reasonable Military exception, nor should there be. The military exception allows you to register your "assault weapons" with the state, provided that your CO can prove and justify why you NEED them in the first place. Then, you can pay a ridiculous fee and re register every 2 years.

I believe there should not be any exception for military members as we are under the same laws as everyone else. If you give us an exception, then the 2A battle in CA loses a couple thousand members because they already have their own slice of freedom pie.

Bullet buttons SHOULD BE OUTLAWED. CA politicians should be able to outlaw every gun available. Then, MAYBE THEN, the Supreme Court can make a ruling that will give Californians some sense of freedom and rights.

glocktogo
05-22-12, 22:49
Actually I doubt that there will be any side effects at all. The gun owners of California (IMO) are not organized and strong enough to fend off the rest of the liberalism that destroys the state.

This. It will be like shooting a squirt gun at a tsunami wave. :(

Get ready to embrace your new black rifle in Kali!

http://www.mossberg.com/images/products/banner/41026.gif

BrigandTwoFour
05-22-12, 23:02
Wow…

So basically what will happen is this "Law" will get passed, anyone who currently has one of these "Evil Assault Weapons" will have to turn them in and not get compensated for it at all. If not, you'll be considered a criminal and a public nuisance.

How's that for a free country!!!

I think that is the legal gamble that is at stake. I've read up on the subject over at Calguns. The consensus seems to be that there is no way to kill the BB without triggering other undesirable effects for the state, such as reopening the assault weapon registration window (thus negating the point of the BB to begin with). The state cannot legally confiscate without compensation, which they can't afford. Though, it is California, what's another couple billion to add onto their 17 billion in debt?

Having been stationed in CA for the past 4 years, and having owned black rifles the entire time, I can say that there is no reasonable Military exception, nor should there be. The military exception allows you to register your "assault weapons" with the state, provided that your CO can prove and justify why you NEED them in the first place. Then, you can pay a ridiculous fee and re register every 2 years.

I believe there should not be any exception for military members as we are under the same laws as everyone else. If you give us an exception, then the 2A battle in CA loses a couple thousand members because they already have their own slice of freedom pie.

Bullet buttons SHOULD BE OUTLAWED. CA politicians should be able to outlaw every gun available. Then, MAYBE THEN, the Supreme Court can make a ruling that will give Californians some sense of freedom and rights.

It's not that I think the California gun owners are disorganized, it's that they are a minority- especially the ones that own evil rifles. There isn't enough of them to overcome the hordes of anti-gun zombies in LA, San Fran, Sacramento, and San Diego. Since they can't push or block any legislation, the only recourse is the court system.

Quite a few shitty laws have been knocked down in court, but it takes 2-4 years for each one. In the mean time, the anti-gun legislature passes another 1-5 new laws per year. The lower courts see the writing on the wall with the recent SCOTUS decisions and have been dragging their feet to make decisions on state and district cases like Nordyke.

In all, it's stupid. Opportunistic politicians are wasting time (and MONEY) on laws that affect nothing. The fact that a BB equipped rifle has been used in ZERO crimes is irrelevant, so long as they can distract voters from the issues of debt and decay by promising them "safety" and more state-sponsored benefits.

feedramp
05-22-12, 23:17

JBecker 72
05-22-12, 23:37
This!
They all need to suffer equally so they'll either do something about it and fix what's broken, or move out and let that place fall into the sea under the weight of its own debt and idiocy.

I would go a step further and say it should apply to EVERYONE. It's bullshit that a LEO can walk into a gun store and buy a standard capacity magazine, or a 6920 without a bullet button. Same goes for CCW, shall issue or no issue. If LEO's have a problem they should contact their representative.

I can't wait for December, I get to move back to Northern VA.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

rojocorsa
05-23-12, 03:26

We're not that bad off here.

http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/

For example, the reason ARs started to become mainstream in this state can be attributed to some of the guys that work with that organization.

And this worker's paradise being a may-issue state---CGF has challenged and won shall issue in some counties already. Sacramento comes to mind.

**CGF is not the same as Calguns.net however***

a1fabweld
05-23-12, 07:40

HAHA! Please enlighten me about strength. It's not as easy as you make it sound friend. Strength comes in numbers with an issue such as this. Unfortunately, we're outnumbered by a mile with the libs. Not even the presence of your ultra bad ass self could defeat the libs here in the golden state. If you think so, come on out & give it a shot! Lemme know how that works out fer ya!

It's easy to sit back, laugh, & point fingers at beaten CA gun enthusiasts from the security of your "free state". We are the guinnea pig state for testing retatrded laws. Don't forget that the anti-gun libs in your free state (and don't kid yourself into thinking they don't exist because they do) aren't watching closely to see what ridiculous laws work & which ones don't. Think of how an infection starts. Step on a rusty nail, let it fester, all of a sudden you have a red line running up your leg headed straight for the heart. The same applies here.

I hope & pray that one day you free state guys aren't asking "So how does this bullet button thing work"? We're not asking for donations here, just a little understanding.

BrigandTwoFour
05-23-12, 09:39
It is bull that the LEOs get all kinds of exemptions. But that was how the laws got passed in the first place. The LE Unions would not sign off on supporting the law unless those exemptions were in place.

Sucks to be a regular guy.

Though I've read that some of the exemptions are falling away. LEOs who retire are no longer allowed to keep their previously-legal evil rifles and have to give them up. That is causing a stir.

Honestly, I don't think the politicians who push this stuff give a rats ass if gun owners leave the state. They want them to. Every gun owner who walks is one less person messing with the utopia they envision. What's a little lost tax revenue when it means they get just that much closer to their dream?

yellowfin
05-23-12, 09:41
I had the unique displeasure of living in CA for a year and a half and concur with the above guys that the Calguns Foundation has it together and is doing everything they can with what they have and making the best of things. My wife and I couldn't withstand the economic conditions there so we moved out after she finished her residency, and HATED the laws there too. Unfortunately the place we landed was New York, which is almost as bad in some ways, worse in others, and does NOT have what Calguns Foundation has in place there. The difference is night and day. Suffice it to say we got out of NY too, and not one minute too soon either. New York needs what CGF has, and I tried to get something rolling but people there are beaten down so bad 3/4 of them don't know what winning is or even what it's like to try. MASSIVE Stockholm Syndrome.

TangoSauce
05-23-12, 10:15
Might I suggest that people tastefully express your sentiments on Yee's FB page and/or via email to his office.

TehLlama
05-23-12, 13:38

... and it's a pain in the dick. Pure bureaucratic nightmare. I'll look into the statute of limitations and get back to you about my workaround for this. Or not... stupid laws needn't be followed by good people.

VooDoo6Actual
05-23-12, 14:13
Having recently successfully extricated myself from Commiefornia it's hard to find any posts here without merit or truth..

Commiefornia suffers from a the systemic dysfunction of Libtardus Idiotis Politicus.

Brown's Bravo Sierra about 9+billion blossoming into 16+ billion is nothing new under the sun there. "Arnie", Gray Davis et al did the same and so on etc.
Aside from draconian unconstitutional Gun laws, Dream Act et alia, probably the biggest problem or the core is the CALPERS retirement fund.

It is unsustainable/unrecoverable.

500+ Billion here:
http://californiawatch.org/dailyreport/states-pension-liability-tops-500-billion-stanford-study-finds-1641

This OP ed say it has matasticized into 884Billion etc.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/calpers-314001-pension-rate.html

http://calpensions.com/2012/05/17/calpers-ignores-brown-delays-pension-payment/
How can you recover from that number seriously ?

They are a major part of our country's dysfunction economically and their only hope is the FED. Most people are now aware of our spend/manipulate our way into New World Order/Financial currency agenda. Whether it's called Bank Corp. dollars, World Dollars, Global Dollars etc. it's all the same.

Commiefornia is stalling/buying time with obfuscating facts/truth for the eventual financial collapse.

Interesting article here about Global Currency & SDR's
http://neweconomicsinstitute.org/publications/essays/swann/robert/new-world-bank-and-currency-proposal

It's all related in the end regarding the trajectory/azimuth of erosion of rights, liberties, freedoms, Gun rights etc.

namaste / deus vult / coram deo

ETA: BTW, they passed new laws forbidding Plastic Bags at Grocery stores in Los Angeles today, I kid you not.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/editorials/la-ed-bags-plastic-city-council-20120522,0,3790687.story

rojocorsa
05-23-12, 14:32
... and it's a pain in the dick. Pure bureaucratic nightmare. I'll look into the statute of limitations and get back to you about my workaround for this. Or not... stupid laws needn't be followed by good people.

Like I said, I knew one NCO who was just all hush-hush about ut when he was stationed over here. Miss that guy.

HOPLOETHOS hit the nail in the head with CALPERS.

I may not the finer intricacies of it, but shit like that makes you wonder if they just print out money in Sacramento or something because it sounds all insane. Yup, we've got a Greece in CONUS.

Kfgk14
05-23-12, 15:36

There's definitely a lesson here. The antis, no matter which state they are in, will never be satisfied until all firearms and sharp pointy things are outlawed.

I feel bad for all the good people in California. I wonder if there is a chance to save that state from itself.

A rare breed, aren't they?

I say northern/eastern California secede and name themselves "Free California". They can have guns, liberty, and hopefully gas cans that aren't total horseshit. I'd move to that state. California (outside the cities/when you aren't inside the commie breeding grounds) is wonderful. If I could hunt, own guns, not pay stupid taxes, not worry about the state defaulting, carry any firearm(s) I wanted, and not have to blow every politician in the county to do it, I'd happily reside in Cali. But that isn't the world we live in.
Hell, I wouldn't be so bothered by getting hit on by other men :bad: in public/at bars and restaurants if only their first comment wasn't "For a guy who drives such an environmentally insensitive vehicle, you're a catch".

rojocorsa
05-23-12, 16:20

I say northern/eastern California secede and name themselves "Free California". They can have guns, liberty, and hopefully gas cans that aren't total horseshit. I'd move to that state. California (outside the cities/when you aren't inside the commie breeding grounds) is wonderful. If I could hunt, own guns, not pay stupid taxes, not worry about the state defaulting, carry any firearm(s) I wanted, and not have to blow every politician in the county to do it, I'd happily reside in Cali. But that isn't the world we live in.
Hell, I wouldn't be so bothered by getting hit on by other men :bad: in public/at bars and restaurants if only their first comment wasn't "For a guy who drives such an environmentally insensitive vehicle, you're a catch".

I generally agree with that statement, but at the same time, you'd be surprised how many guns are owned in the bluest and politically vilest parts of the state.

I'm in the Bay Area region, and between here and Sacramento, we seem to have one of the bigger concentration of guns. Too bad we're still outnumbered and we still get that land of fruits and nuts stereotype.

TomMcC
05-23-12, 16:28
After reading some of the verbage related to this law, it's obvious that Yee is unclear on the concept. Things like the BB, Radloc are non-AW compliance kits not AW conversion kits. If anything, this bill would target plane old AR mag release buttons. But those are already banned as far as installation in a non-registered military patterned mag fed rifle.

rojocorsa
05-23-12, 17:07
I went back and read the bill text too.

My understanding is that this bill wants to prohibit items such as the "mag magnet" which is a a magnet that goes over the BB and "cancels it out."

The reality is that sticking said magnets on BBs is already a felony anyway.

I may be wrong, but this is the way I understand Yee's BS right now.

BrigandTwoFour
05-23-12, 18:05
I read the relavent parts of the bill. From my reading, the guy (and his staff) don't understand squat about CA firearms laws.

I'm not going to make their job any easier. If they can't be bothered to look up basic definitions, then I'm not going to point them in the right way.

Using the magnetic release was already a felony, this effectively tacks on a misdemeanor charge for possession. Hell, if you're going to break the law anyway, might as well just install a regular magazine release.

fourXfour
05-23-12, 19:56
I work in Senator Yee's district. I don't think I have ever heard of one crime involving a CA legal bullet button firearm.

I don't think this is a big complaint from his constituents. I am aware of one Officer killed with an AR ten or so years ago, but that was a home built possibly straw purchased AR.

The proposed law is so vague I can't imagine it really having any teeth.

feedramp
05-24-12, 01:22

The sad thing about it is you can't actually do that (create a new state with those freedoms) because the same SOBs that crap all over your freedoms in California would scream to high heaven that you're violating their civil rights somehow if you create a new state and outlaw them from being a part of it.

See, it just goes to show you their hypocrisy and inconsistency: They CLAIM that they need their insane laws because you want to oppress them, yet in reality you just want to be left alone to enjoy your rights and THEY are the ones who want to oppress YOU and not allow YOU said rights. Not in their state and not in any other. They not only want to control you, they want to ensure you can't ever get beyond their reach. They would run to the Federal government and demand federal action against the new state simply for trying to get away from them and out from under their oppression.

RogerinTPA
05-24-12, 17:02
As much as I like CA, there is really no logical reason to move to or continue to live there, especially if you are a business owner or Pro 2A. Move to AZ and commute.

Abraxas
05-24-12, 21:31
The problem with California is the Californians. It is amazing how California has ended up given the type of people it took to settle it. I would live in California prior to 1960. I would love to go back in time and beat some hippies with the HA though.

usmcvet
05-24-12, 22:14
Come to Vermont!

duece71
05-25-12, 01:19

Please, no bailouts, we can't afford it. CA is a very nice place to visit, too bad for all the ****ed up, deranged laws.

Kfgk14
05-25-12, 14:59
[/B]

Please, no bailouts, we can't afford it. CA is a very nice place to visit, too bad for all the ****ed up, deranged laws.

Amen. They can have my money when they begin exporting deadbeats, liberals and chronic welfare cases to Mexico, sans warranties, refunds and a return policy. I don't mind the pot-smokers, I don't mind the Kumbaya round the campfire, and I don't mind the gay population. I mind the imposing stupid gas-cans and even stupider world-views on the rest of us. If they made an honest effort to unscrew themselves as a state, and the people there felt less entitled to my earnings and the right to change how I live my life, I'd consider giving them business and even floating them for a while during the process of them paying down their debt. But pigs can't fly yet, so for now I'll enjoy their beaches via post-card.

a1fabweld
05-25-12, 16:23
I just want to clarify that not everyone in CA is a tree hugging, obama woshiping, "green" movement, gay orgy, pot head, occupy whatever, anti-gun, POS as some may think. Some of us are JUST like you, but stuck in this once awesome shithole of a state. Believe me, if I could GTFO of here this very minute, I would. But without the proper planning, I would just end up being a burden on the financial system of your state as many pieces of shit are in our state. So in the meantime, I'll continue to prepare financially & strategically make the move when the time is right. This can't come soon enough.

Abraxas
05-26-12, 10:26
I just want to clarify that not everyone in CA is a tree hugging, obama woshiping, "green" movement, gay orgy, pot head, occupy whatever, anti-gun, POS as some may think. Some of us are JUST like you, but stuck in this once awesome shithole of a state. Believe me, if I could GTFO of here this very minute, I would. But without the proper planning, I would just end up being a burden on the financial system of your state as many pieces of shit are in our state. So in the meantime, I'll continue to prepare financially & strategically make the move when the time is right. This can't come soon enough.
Good luck to you sir. I wish you well behind the enemy lines.

Eurodriver
05-26-12, 11:25
As someone who up and left a beautiful state with a strong support network of friends and work to come to a free state...

I can honestly say I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you in California. You either like "home" enough to stay and put up with the draconian laws (there is nothing wrong with that!), or they bother you enough to do something about it. Its one or the other. You cant come in here and whine and complain about something that you can change (by moving to another state) and expect anyone who was born and raised in Texas to relate to you.

Now I'm going to throw my G19 (w/ 15rd mag) on my hip, throw my loaded suppressed SBR in the back seat of my vehicle and head to the range.

a1fabweld
05-26-12, 13:06
As someone who up and left a beautiful state with a strong support network of friends and work to come to a free state...

I can honestly say I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you in California. You either like "home" enough to stay and put up with the draconian laws (there is nothing wrong with that!), or they bother you enough to do something about it. Its one or the other. You cant come in here and whine and complain about something that you can change (by moving to another state) and expect anyone who was born and raised in Texas to relate to you.

Now I'm going to throw my G19 (w/ 15rd mag) on my hip, throw my loaded suppressed SBR in the back seat of my vehicle and head to the range.

You're absolutely right. I am going to do something about it! In fact, screw planning for a clean financial break from this dump hole state. I'm loading up my shit in a U-Haul tonight, & heading for your area. Can you please tell me where the welfare office is located cause I'm going to need assistence. You don't mind that your tax dollars are going to float my family due to our lack of planning?

You're an inspiration my friend. Screw selling my house, my business, & saving money. I'm outa here! Show me the good life!:rolleyes:

Eurodriver
05-26-12, 13:54
You're absolutely right. I am going to do something about it! In fact, screw planning for a clean financial break from this dump hole state. I'm loading up my shit in a U-Haul tonight, & heading for your area. Can you please tell me where the welfare office is located cause I'm going to need assistence. You don't mind that your tax dollars are going to float my family due to our lack of planning?

You're an inspiration my friend. Screw selling my house, my business, & saving money. I'm outa here! Show me the good life!:rolleyes:

Settle down hot shot.

If you re-read what I said, you'll see that I never said anything about "drop what you're doing right now and move".

My post was in reference to those who complain and complain but refuse to leave.

a1fabweld
05-26-12, 15:59
Settle down hot shot.

If you re-read what I said, you'll see that I never said anything about "drop what you're doing right now and move".

My post was in reference to those who complain and complain but refuse to leave.

Re-read your own words bro. You made it very black & white. "It's one or the other". Your words, not mine.

TomMcC
05-26-12, 19:29
As far as leaving I'm trying to get there. Idaho is where I would like to wind up. But......jobs aren't that plentiful, especially in the NW. I have 34 yrs into my job and I have to finish it out, max retirement and all. If I were single that would make a big difference, but I have a family to feed and clothe. Sometimes circumstances are just not right to bail. As far as the politics, the marxist/liberals have a death grip, just like NY etc. The Republicans are barely holding on in keeping our taxes from being the highest on planet earth. There's just not enough conservatives to do much in a positive way. I try not to complain, but sometimes these fools just wear a body out. I would also point out that many of the shooters I'm acquainted with aren't particularly conservative in a lot of their views, most are pretty liberal on a whole host of issues, they just happen to like shooting. So when push comes to shove, they won't be that one issue voter.

Eurodriver
05-26-12, 20:51
Re-read your own words bro. You made it very black & white. "It's one or the other". Your words, not mine.

" You either like "home" enough to stay and put up with the draconian laws (there is nothing wrong with that!), or they bother you enough to do something about it. Its one or the other. You cant come in here and whine and complain about something that you can change (by moving to another state) "

Let me break it down Barney style for you, homie.

If gun laws, living in a free state, etc etc were important enough to you - you would move right now regardless of what you had to do to do it.

You're right. Thats very cut and dry, black & white...

Obviously, your desire to have a job and money and funds overrides your desire to live in a state that allows you to carry handguns with normal capacity magazines. As I said in my first post - there is nothing wrong with that, its quite logical.

But my point remains unchanged - if it was a big enough deal to you (or anyone else in California) you would leave, again, regardless of what hardships you faced when doing so.

drrufo
05-26-12, 22:57
I find is interesting how everyone who doesn't live in California tells the gun owners who do how bad they have it.
I will retire in the next 4 months or so with a 75k pension, no fee medical and dental after working 40 years in my industry.
When I lived in Colorado, home of automatics weapons and concealed carry, i made less in one year than I will make in two months here in SoCal. I can now move anywhere in the US and live, but I will stay where my family is.
The poor subjects of Calif. never had the ability to own an SBR or have an automatic weapon. If that meant something to me I would have moved and lived on 9 bucks an hour.
Both my sons went to the Cal State school system, neither have a dollar one school loan to pay back. One has a Computer Engineering degree and the other works for Sony, he needs 5 units to get his degree, but going to Tokyo, Luxemberg, Frankfurt,London, New York and El Salvador on the company dime doesn't leave time to go to school.Next time you go to the Sony Ebook store you are looking at his work.
Yes the idiots in Sacramento have ruined the economy of the state but they continue to lose everytime they bring a fiscal issue before the voters and we do have term limits.
We have people filing various law suits to beat back the stupid laws. The bullet button is an example of the little guy giving the politicans the finger, if they ban the button they will register all those off list lowers as "assault weapons", then there will actually be less restrictions on the rifles.
If you feel better about yourself for not living in Calif., cool, but I live where it isn't 20 degrees except in my freezer and the only tornado I see is the fan on my desk at work.
Live where you want and shoot what you want, I won't bitch at you for either. Just remember I have chosen to live here..

Kfgk14
05-27-12, 00:00
The sad thing about it is you can't actually do that (create a new state with those freedoms) because the same SOBs that crap all over your freedoms in California would scream to high heaven that you're violating their civil rights somehow if you create a new state and outlaw them from being a part of it.

Oh the liberals won't be outlawed from visiting. We could just make visiting the state a very scary proposition. Far too many lifted trucks with gun racks, openly carrying citizens, and promote public ranges throughout the state. Make the place rather traumatic to live in for a liberal :haha:

a1fabweld
05-27-12, 00:29
" You either like "home" enough to stay and put up with the draconian laws (there is nothing wrong with that!), or they bother you enough to do something about it. Its one or the other. You cant come in here and whine and complain about something that you can change (by moving to another state) "

Let me break it down Barney style for you, homie.

If gun laws, living in a free state, etc etc were important enough to you - you would move right now regardless of what you had to do to do it.

You're right. Thats very cut and dry, black & white...

Obviously, your desire to have a job and money and funds overrides your desire to live in a state that allows you to carry handguns with normal capacity magazines. As I said in my first post - there is nothing wrong with that, its quite logical.

But my point remains unchanged - if it was a big enough deal to you (or anyone else in California) you would leave, again, regardless of what hardships you faced when doing so.

I choose to provide a roof over my wife & kids heads more than I choose to run around with 15 round magazines. I'll admit that. Maybe that makes me a liberal pussy in the eyes of a "Free State" guy. **** it. So be it. Being a responsible husband & father is more important than any full auto or a 30 round mag. As soon as I'm finanially ready to move, I will & won't look back.

Now LISTEN very carefully. Do you want the thousands of CA gun owners to run from this state half cocked to your state & become a burden on your system regardless of what hardships they're faced with because they are too worried about owning SBR's, mags & FA's? Think about it. We have more illegals here leeching of our tax money than any other state. It's sickening. Maybe that's where my need to prepare comes from (along with old school values). So I'm not a burden on anyone else.

And I'm not your homie MF'er.

halo2304
05-27-12, 19:34
I would go a step further and say it should apply to EVERYONE. It's bullshit that a LEO can walk into a gun store and buy a standard capacity magazine, or a 6920 without a bullet button. Same goes for CCW, shall issue or no issue. If LEO's have a problem they should contact their representative.

I can't wait for December, I get to move back to Northern VA.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe what needs to happen is gun shops in Cali give LEOs the run around about getting them anything the masses can't have. "Oh, sorry! All we have are 10 rounders. We'll be ordering some soon." or "Colts are backordered right now. How 'bout a nice Olympic Arms instead? I hear that's what the SEALs used to get Bin Laden!"

Abraxas
05-27-12, 19:59
Wow, this thread is disappointing.
I find is interesting how everyone who doesn't live in California tells the gun owners who do how bad they have it.
I will retire in the next 4 months or so with a 75k pension, no fee medical and dental after working 40 years in my industry.
When I lived in Colorado, home of automatics weapons and concealed carry, i made less in one year than I will make in two months here in SoCal. While I get your point, dont forget to include cost of living. From my short time living in SoCal, I know the home I own now would literally be around 8 to 10 higher but my wages would not be. Just because you make more does not mean you have a better quality of life than you could achieve elsewhere. But again I do get your point. Believe me though I get not being able to just pick up and leave. I had to leave a good job for that very reason.

but I live where it isn't 20 degrees except in my freezer and the only tornado I see is the fan on my desk at work.
Live where you want and shoot what you want, I won't bitch at you for either. Just remember I have chosen to live here..

Ya, because all of the wild fires, earthquakes and various other problems are sooo much better:rolleyes:.

Army Chief
05-27-12, 21:46
Is this thread about bullet buttons or California politics? Granted, both are fairly underwhelming, but I still think that we can do better than this.

AC

drrufo
05-27-12, 21:54
It started out as a thread to show how stupid Leland Yee is, but the people who live east of the Colorado River warped it into a California bash.
Yes we have wild fires, earthquakes and stupid politicans. We don't have the exclusive on any of those, my point was to say enough with bashing.

Enough said....

Abraxas
05-27-12, 22:08
It started out as a thread to show how stupid Leland Yee is, but the people who live east of the Colorado River warped it into a California bash.
Yes we have wild fires, earthquakes and stupid politicans. We don't have the exclusive on any of those, my point was to say enough with bashing.

Enough said....

Agreed. I feel for you guys and have even sent some money that way to try to fight the lunacy in such a great place.

drrufo
07-01-12, 17:40
I feel true empathy for all the people who have lost their homes in the Springs and west of Fort Collins. I hope it gets fixed...

Magic_Salad0892
07-02-12, 16:54
I think they should ban bullet buttons.

They make reloading way too hard...

Denali
07-02-12, 19:27

Yes, as proven out by one treacherous Chief justice, they are succeeding beyond their wildest dreams in taking everyone of us into that abyss with them...

Kalifornia, kiss em goodbye, I harbor no doubts that dissociative leftism won't win...