PDA

View Full Version : Battle comp 1.5 cleaning issues....Anybody else?

TacWick
05-23-12, 05:24
:pSince Ive had this comp., I havent been able to use a m16 bore brush. Now this isnt to big of a problem since a .22 obviously works. But it annoys me alot:nono:.

It is made just like the battle comp 1.0 but with extended metal to make a 14.5 barrel the legal 16. This extention doesnt add anything to performace I do believe. When they made it though they added another exit casting( not sure what to call it). I dont know why they did this, but it makes it a bit*h to feed through an otis or bore snake. I have to take the otis piece I use for removing the retaining pin and hold the end of the otis cleaning cable and guide it through the comp. Its ridiculous! :rolleyes:

Has anybody else had these issues or better yet know why they made it this way? :confused:

Seems it would of made more since, cost less to manufactue, and damn sure made it easier to clean without the extra exit hole casting in the extention piece.:mad:o

PatrolRifleGroup
05-23-12, 05:50
Odd, I've got two pinned BC 1.5's and have never had an issue pulling a boresnake or punching a guide rod through either of them. For the boresnake, just hold the rifle muzzle down and let the brass tip drop through with the assistance of gravity.

If your brass brush or other attachments are having trouble exiting the BC, then try feeding the rod with no attachments muzzle to chamber. With enough rod, you can punch out to the rear of the receiver and thread on your brass brush or patch, then pull the rod back out. The only consideration here is not dinging the crown of the barrel when inserting the rod.

If neither one of those work, I would evaluate your caffeine intake.....

TacWick
05-23-12, 05:58
Thanks for the suggestions. But you do know what im refering to right? The second exit cast? It just something im being picky about because I have nothimg else. My other comps ( a2s and bc 1.0) feed through just fine, but because of that second exit hole it creates little issues. I know im being a winey but I just wanted to know why its there.:confused:

Brahmzy
05-23-12, 07:29
What is this second exit cast you speak of?
My 1.5 cleans just like my 1.0's do.

militarymoron
05-23-12, 07:42
i've never had an issue cleaning with the BC 1.5, using rods or bore snakes. the only difference between the 1.0 and 1.5 is the extended part on the front. it's wide open, so i can't picture the issue you're having.

TacWick
05-23-12, 08:00
Its not really a second exit. If it was the normal bc 1.0 I would just say the end of the comp. When I clean my other comps including my bc 1.0 it cleans like normal and pulls right through. But with my 1.5 it doesnt. I have only had it come through once where I did not have to stick a pin in the comp to guide the cleanin?g cable out. I just dont get why my bc 1.0 doesnt do this since there the same. Is the bc 1.5 made different beside the extention ? I mean this cant just be me, because like I said my bc 1.0 doesnt do this. As for the bc 1.5 functions flawlesly and shoots perfect so i just dont get it. Maybe it is me? Am I going crazy ha ha:jester:

BTL BRN
05-23-12, 15:18
No offense meant here but it might just be you, I typically only use a Bore Snake and have never had any difficulty getting the brass end to pass through the 1.5 BC.

:confused:

Brahmzy
05-23-12, 15:20
My recommendation would be to immediately submit a Form 1 for your lower and get rid of the 1.5. It's the only way to be sure...

40Arpent
05-23-12, 16:01
Can you post a picture of what exactly it is you're talking about? Point it out in the pic too.

I have a BC 1.5 and, for the life of me, I can't figure out what your problem is.

wahoo95
05-23-12, 16:13
Non issue. Try changing the way you clean or your tools as it seems nobody else is running in to this issue.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

TacWick
05-23-12, 17:05
No offense taken. As for pictures ive been looking for my camera, how do I post pictures? Im new to this forum. And im sure it just must be me if none you guys have had issue. As I said it isnst a big deal, the comp function flawlessly, ive been looking at several pictures of the battle comp 1.5 and nothing looks different. The reason I had to ask and was worried was because I did not have this issue with the bc 1.0 and I know there the same and didnt want any seroous issues while shooting, but its perfect and ive learned why I had small issues!

So without further a do. Let me explain exactly what my issue was. Ok for those that have the bc 1.0 (or 2.0) and the 1.5 you can go grab your rifles and see for yourself. The bc 1.0 has a curve at the end inward. You know what I mean if you have it. This actually helps when cleaning (not that it was designed to) to feed your cable or snake cleaning through. Now take a look at the bc 1.5, no curve! Im not being a nancy girl on purpose. I now this whole thing isnt a huge deal but I wanted to make sure Im not crazy.

I spoke with a man who had the same issue occasionly with cleaning. He talked to some peoples about the battle comp who told him that if there is a small krink in cable or if you feed it through to quickly it can get caught. For some reason the curve on a bc 1.0 can help feeding it through while a bc 1.5 it can sometimes get caught.

So it was me but im not crazy. I took my time feeding through my cable and had gravity help (like posted above) and chaching. Now I dont know why I did this. Im new to this comp. Ive been shooting rifles and they ar platflorm all my life so when I kept geeting jammed up in the bc 1.5 I thought two things, "ive finally lost it" or "something wrong I better not shoot it again".

So anyway how do you post pics?

wahoo95
05-23-12, 17:10
Easy way to post pics is to set up a photobucket account and post from there using the "img" link

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

mtdawg169
05-23-12, 22:15
Are you actually complaining about the forward end cap of the Battlecomp? Do you understand that is what makes it work? If using a boresnake is too problematic for you, use a cleaning rod.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TacWick
05-23-12, 22:23
Im not complaining though I guess it does seem like im being a woman about it. I love my battle comps, they are hands down my favorite comps on any of my rifles. I was just stating I have a harder time cleaning the 1.5 rather then the the 1.0 due to its lack of curve in the end cap like that of the bc 1.0. Its not a complaint on the battle comp, they are the best. Just a curious notion while cleaning and wondered if anyone else had this happen. Which I found a couple did so not just me being st:Dupid.

SMETNA
05-23-12, 22:39
I have only had it come through once where I did not have to stick a pin in the comp to guide the cleaning cable out.

Same here. It's because the Otis cable is bent because of being coiled up inside the cleaning kit pouch. I often have to use a tooth pick through one of the comp slits to persuade the end of the wire to get into the hole. It's really not a big deal IMO. Takes all of about 10 seconds.

TacWick
05-23-12, 22:47
Same here. It's because the Otis cable is bent because of being coiled up inside the cleaning kit pouch. I often have to use a tooth pick through one of the comp slits to persuade the end of the wire to get into the hole. It's really not a big deal IMO. Takes all of about 10 seconds.

Thank you! Thats all it was. But because of the bc 1.0 not having this I was very liitle concerned. But like I stated the curved end cap of the bc 1.0 aid the otis cable to come through. Was curious if I was alone with this. Thank you SMETNA for puttong it simple. Im sorry for making it seem complicated everyone. This is exactly the issue (not really an issue)

40Arpent
05-24-12, 10:37
...im being a woman about it.

Now that I think I know what you'e talking about, yes, you are.

BCmJUnKie
05-24-12, 11:05
Are you actually complaining about the forward end cap of the Battlecomp? Do you understand that is what makes it work? If using a boresnake is too problematic for you, use a cleaning rod.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

My thought exactly.

Plus....how often are you running a boresnake?

I used a boresnake through my rifle once...it was fine