PDA

View Full Version : CAA mags by command arms

K9 jake
05-23-12, 08:44
The Clear Action Mags.
Anybody use them, yet, and how do they feed?

Sry0fcr
05-23-12, 08:49
I don't think anyone here would bother buying junk like CAA with proven options on the market for so cheap. Read around more you won't find many threads discussing most of the crap that CTD peddles... except for new people that haven't been clued in yet. ;)

C4IGrant
05-23-12, 08:56
I wouldn't use CAA parts if they gave them to me.

C4

Hehuhates
05-23-12, 08:59
I don't know about their mags, but I've had good experiences with their stocks and grips. I'll have to run a search to see why ya'll hate CAA.

Code3Patriot
05-23-12, 09:38
Hand me a rifle with CAA parts and I'll drop it on the deck, pop smoke, unholster my handgun and deass the area until I can return with a fighting rifle. :D

C4IGrant
05-23-12, 09:43
Hand me a rifle with CAA parts and I'll drop it on the deck, pop smoke, unholster my handgun and deass the area until I can return with a fighting rifle. :D

Damn that is funny!

C4

jklaughrey
05-23-12, 09:46
I don't know about their mags, but I've had good experiences with their stocks and grips. I'll have to run a search to see why ya'll hate CAA.

CAA and the other chicom cheap crap have zero business on anything resembling a real firearm. If you want to drag your weapon through the CTD catalog with a mall ninja magnet feel free. The fact that you see ZERO dialed in people using those parts to cobble together an abortion of a rifle is generally a big clue.

Hehuhates
05-23-12, 09:56
I own a CAA pistol grip, and have used a stock of theirs before. That's all I said NOBODY can sell me a friggen plastic rail or whatever the hell they shroud a glock with. I like my goddamn grip it's good shit and I know what good shit is. Didn't say go buy a case of their mags because they make good mags. I said I had good luck with the stuff I got from them. Ease up.

jklaughrey
05-23-12, 10:00
I own a CAA pistol grip, and have used a stock of theirs before. That's all I said NOBODY can sell me a friggen plastic rail or whatever the hell they shroud a glock with. I like my goddamn grip it's good shit and I know what good shit is. Didn't say go buy a case of their mags because they make good mags. I said I had good luck with the stuff I got from them. Ease up.

Good luck with that then Gecko45.

Hehuhates
05-23-12, 10:07
Good luck with that then Gecko45.
Good luck with what?

C4IGrant
05-23-12, 10:08

What other stock and grips do you own (besides CAA)?

C4

JSantoro
05-23-12, 10:16
Check that crap.....

Their polymer is relatively brittle, in comparison to a Troy, TD, or Magpul polymer product. It photo-bleaches way more rapidly, too, making an already relatively brittle material even more so. It's fine for hobby-guns, but I cringe when I see that stuff on an agency/unit-issued gun, or one that spends a lot of time outdoors, being used.

Somebody that falls in the hobby-gun category can use the "sufficient for my needs" justification, but should avoid the "just-as-good-as" justification, because that's absoutely false, from a logical and material standpoint.

Anyhow, we're talking about magazines; don't fall in love with them, replace them as needed. Worst case, presuming they feed in the gun okay, one'll just need to replace these mags more often than one would any other polymer mag.

Hehuhates
05-23-12, 10:16
What other stock and grips do you own (besides CAA)?

C4

I also have an Ergo grip and a Magpul MIAD. For stocks I have or have had An ACE skeleton Magpul ACS, and CTR, E-Mod Ergo f93 and a standard A2.

C4IGrant
05-23-12, 10:26
I also have an Ergo grip and a Magpul MIAD. For stocks I have or have had An ACE skeleton Magpul ACS, and CTR, E-Mod Ergo f93 and a standard A2.

So you believe that the CAA is equal or as good as the Magpul components? Interesting......

C4

Hehuhates
05-23-12, 10:32
Check that crap.....

Their polymer is relatively brittle, in comparison to a Troy, TD, or Magpul polymer product. It photo-bleaches way more rapidly, too, making an already relatively brittle material even more so.

Now that is great info to have. Don't get me wrong I'm not the standard bearer for CAA, I just like their grip.

Hehuhates
05-23-12, 10:36
So you believe that the CAA is equal or as good as the Magpul components? Interesting......

C4
I do like the grip better than the Magpul. I feel the Magpul is a little slick without gloves and i like a littlle "give" in my grips. Maybe the MOE+ would suit me better. There is no comparison between the stocks I had gotten rid of the CAA well before I had ever seen a CTR.

C4IGrant
05-23-12, 10:44
I do like the grip better than the Magpul. I feel the Magpul is a little slick without gloves and i like a littlle "give" in my grips. Maybe the MOE+ would suit me better. There is no comparison between the stocks I had gotten rid of the CAA well before I had ever seen a CTR.

The "feel" of something and the "Quality" of something are two totally different animals.

If you like the the way CAA grips feel, that is cool, but to think that they are "good" or "quality" based off of this is a mistake.

C4

Dave L.
05-23-12, 10:47
Where is markm at a time like this... :cray:

Hehuhates
05-23-12, 10:57
I'd say that the CAA UPG16 pistol grip is a quality pistol grip. As far as grips go. I've had it for a number of years and it has been through what some would call hard use. I've used it coyote hunting in sub zero temps. It has seen it's share of mud. I mean wtf I like it. I would definitely call it a high quality pistol grip. If you have never used one that's ok.

I also owned a CBS stock I gave it to a nephew who still has it. I know I'm a horrible Uncle :D. Any way I'd be forced to say that was a quality item also. It performed exactly as described needed no alterations whatsoever and fit up nicely to a Commercial extension I had. BUT I WOULDN'T GET ANOTHER ONE.

K9 jake
05-23-12, 11:03

C4

That's all I needed to hear. I am a newbie, and just bought a 6920 (from GandR).
I'm gonna get a few Pmags anyway and just wondered if these compared to them.
I already purchased a quad rail from Midwest Industries, And a magpul vert. grip. I have installed those already. Hope I don't regret it.

Thanks for all the input, I will not be dealing with those guys.

duece71
05-23-12, 14:41

Look up some of the "stippling" threads on here. Stippling will give you an excellent grip on the Magpul product. And since we are talking about magazines, stippling works very well on the Magpul PMAG.

Hehuhates
05-23-12, 14:53
Look up some of the "stippling" threads on here. Stippling will give you an excellent grip on the Magpul product. And since we are talking about magazines, stippling works very well on the Magpul PMAG.
I have, and it's very appealing to me I like what some have done with the KAC panels. also I've seen the P-Mags, one of the members on here does "very nice" I'm trying to get my loading bench back up right now stippling will have to wait, or be purchased.

I would be interested in seeing if anyone has done a MOE forearm, If it's been up here I missed the pics.

Casull
05-23-12, 20:27
I'm not impressed by them. All I want is innovation and simplicity when it comes to things that have to do with the AR platform. Although if they prove to be something fine, but they're pretty fugly. :fie: Yup, looks do say something some times. Go ask Boeing engineers, they'll agree. haha

jjw
05-23-12, 20:39

C4

what he said

why do u care $$$$
what is ur life worth

Ozric762
05-23-12, 21:01
I have, and it's very appealing to me I like what some have done with the KAC panels. also I've seen the P-Mags, one of the members on here does "very nice" I'm trying to get my loading bench back up right now stippling will have to wait, or be purchased.

I would be interested in seeing if anyone has done a MOE forearm, If it's been up here I missed the pics.

I did some stippling on the MOE forearm. I'll post up a pic when I can.

Ozric762
05-23-12, 21:29
Here ya go. Sorry for the highjack.

K9 jake
05-23-12, 21:41
Looks great. Really improves the feel, ill bet, too. How is that done? With an engraver?

Jellybean
05-23-12, 23:53

I'll help continue the derailment....:p

If you have a few spare bucks, go to walmart or wherever and buy a woodburner, and a couple spare tips in whatever pattern you'd like to try.
This is how I did some of my Pmags based on what I heard here, and it worked great- a little time consuming though (but I'm also picky).

Ozric, now I want an MOE handguard.

Ozric762
05-24-12, 05:53
Yup, I used a wood burning kit with the fine point tip. It is time consuming, smells bad and caused cramping in my hand but it's worth it. I can see why gunsmiths charge a bit to do this type of work.

MWC4
05-25-12, 15:15
I like CAA's bipod - heavy duty & well made...

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5116/6924853372_891bbfcd94_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/42137411@N00/6924853372/)

Krull
07-22-13, 15:48
New guy being FPA digging up an old thread that was linked ;)

I've seen these CAA mags at the local Dunham's and they seem...sturdy,although I doubt I'd pay the $22 they wanted for them! :eek:

And not defending CAA but if you dig on them and Mako you'll find a lot of their items are made by FAB and a lot of it finds it's way onto IDF guns.

So not junk just...different,I've had an item or two and it worked.

RogerinTPA
07-22-13, 16:26
Necropost...it's been done to death.

Boba Fett v2
07-22-13, 17:16

Of the grips I've tried, the MIAD is what I favor the most. All my ARs will be equipped with it. I really liked the feel of the Stark grip too, but the MIAD works better for me and isn't weird looking.