PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question S&W 15

sigmeister229
01-12-08, 10:06
I’m new to this form and very excited to finally purchase a S&W AR-15 I’ve been a hand gun fanatic for 30 years now but getting a little bored so I went to my local To pick up my new Glock 21 SF So while I was waiting for the paperwork I had to hold a AR 15 in my hand (big mistake) I don’t know the first thing about them but they look like fun toy. I had my heart set on an S&W M&P 15. But I’m very bad about making decisions on impulse so I went home with my Glock 21SF and laid in bed thinking about the AR 15 most of that night and the next day. I had a Sig Equinox P229 that I love but I already have another 229 DAK, so if they were give me a decent price for my Equinox I thought I would make up the difference. It wasn’t as bad as I thought they gave me a $700.00 trade in and I put up another $370. For a $1200.00 rifle. Since I am new to the AR-15 world how is Smith & Wesson 15 compared to other company’s? And is there any thing I should replace. I added an AR riser to mount a Bushnell Tactical scope so far.

tjhjunk
01-12-08, 10:12
I’m new to this form and very excited to finally purchase a S&W AR-15 I’ve been a hand gun fanatic for 30 years now but getting a little bored so I went to my local To pick up my new Glock 21 SF So while I was waiting for the paperwork I had to hold a AR 15 in my hand (big mistake) I don’t know the first thing about them but they look like fun toy. I had my heart set on an S&W M&P 15. But I’m very bad about making decisions on impulse so I went home with my Glock 21SF and laid in bed thinking about the AR 15 most of that night and the next day. I had a Sig Equinox P229 that I love but I already have another 229 DAK, so if they were give me a decent price for my Equinox I thought I would make up the difference. It wasn’t as bad as I thought they gave me a $700.00 trade in and I put up another $370. For a $1200.00 rifle. Since I am new to the AR-15 world how is Smith & Wesson 15 compared to other company’s? And is there any thing I should replace. I added an AR riser to mound a Bushnell Tactical scope so far.

Check this out:cool: .
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6642
Tim:D

C4IGrant
01-12-08, 11:19
I’m new to this form and very excited to finally purchase a S&W AR-15 I’ve been a hand gun fanatic for 30 years now but getting a little bored so I went to my local To pick up my new Glock 21 SF So while I was waiting for the paperwork I had to hold a AR 15 in my hand (big mistake) I don’t know the first thing about them but they look like fun toy. I had my heart set on an S&W M&P 15. But I’m very bad about making decisions on impulse so I went home with my Glock 21SF and laid in bed thinking about the AR 15 most of that night and the next day. I had a Sig Equinox P229 that I love but I already have another 229 DAK, so if they were give me a decent price for my Equinox I thought I would make up the difference. It wasn’t as bad as I thought they gave me a $700.00 trade in and I put up another $370. For a $1200.00 rifle. Since I am new to the AR-15 world how is Smith & Wesson 15 compared to other company’s? And is there any thing I should replace. I added an AR riser to mount a Bushnell Tactical scope so far.

Shoot the weapon bone stock for awhile. Then see what you like and don't like. If this is a defensive tool, a slight is needed.

C4

sigmeister229
01-12-08, 12:09
I love the way it shoots, I just purchased an AR riser and a Bushnell Elite 3200 5-15x40 Tactical scope for now. Next I would like to get a LaRue Tactical 7.0" Hand guard so I can attach a Streamlight TL-2 laser light

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w156/glockster357/IMG_1005.jpg

The_Biased_Observer
01-12-08, 18:07
If you don't know how the pull the bbl and don't have the tools, you might consider the Troy rails for your SW. All that's needed to install them is a dremel to the delta ring and springs.

The larue is a nice rail though.

First thing I'd check on that SW is the gas key staking, just because that's the thing to do this quarter.:D