PDA

View Full Version : Glock status?

old grunt
05-24-12, 08:23
:DHas Glock finally resolved the issues they been having with their late-manufactured Gen3's and new Gen 4's? Would love to get another new Gen 3 to go with my 2000 model(not too keen on the Gen4's:(). I know this has been internet "fodder" on many sites for awhile, just wondering where we stand as of today. Thanks guys!

sammage
05-24-12, 08:40
According to this thread, it's still ongoing: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=92133

old grunt
05-24-12, 09:02
THANKS!!!

Beat Trash
05-24-12, 10:40
Unfortunately your best bet at this time is to keep your eyes open for another 2000 model.

brickboy240
05-24-12, 10:53
Don't be lulled into thinking that "if I buy a Gen 3 Glock...I'll be in the clear" because that is simply not true.

I bought a 3rd Gen G19 that was made in early April 2012 and it too has the same erratic ejection problems.

Right now...I am just living with it and waiting for the Apex extractor to come out. Then, I will install this, have my smith lower the ejection port and if that does not fix it...well...I'll sell it and seek out an older Gen 3 or even a gen 2 G19 and call it good.

Seriously...there is no one true fix for this problem. Some have sent their Glocks back to GA and had the extractor and ejector replaced and the problem continues. Some swapped their extractors for 40SW extractors or Lone Wolf aftermarket units and it went on.

Some blame limp wristing, some blame ammo, some smiths have told me that is "normal" for Glocks (really?...my 2nd gen G22 never does this).

So yeah, the problem goes on although it only seems to be the 9mm Glocks that do this. Sad, because the G17 and G19 are the guns that BUILT Glock's reputation.

I'd skip a 9mm Glock and go with an M&P or PPQ...seriously. Or seek out an older Glock 9mm.

- brickboy240

Trajan
05-24-12, 12:31
Don't be lulled into thinking that "if I buy a Gen 3 Glock...I'll be in the clear" because that is simply not true.

I bought a 3rd Gen G19 that was made in early April 2012 and it too has the same erratic ejection problems.

Right now...I am just living with it and waiting for the Apex extractor to come out. Then, I will install this, have my smith lower the ejection port and if that does not fix it...well...I'll sell it and seek out an older Gen 3 or even a gen 2 G19 and call it good.

Seriously...there is no one true fix for this problem. Some have sent their Glocks back to GA and had the extractor and ejector replaced and the problem continues. Some swapped their extractors for 40SW extractors or Lone Wolf aftermarket units and it went on.

Some blame limp wristing, some blame ammo, some smiths have told me that is "normal" for Glocks (really?...my 2nd gen G22 never does this).

So yeah, the problem goes on although it only seems to be the 9mm Glocks that do this. Sad, because the G17 and G19 are the guns that BUILT Glock's reputation.

I'd skip a 9mm Glock and go with an M&P or PPQ...seriously. Or seek out an older Glock 9mm.

- brickboy240

How many rounds have you put through it? My gen 4 did that for the first 200 or so rounds (the first day I owned it), but then after that it started ejecting correctly.

NeoNeanderthal
05-24-12, 13:32
Before you buy a gen 3, check the test fire casing date and make sure it is pre 2010. I believe thats when issues started cropping up.

brickboy240
05-24-12, 13:43
Actually, my Gen 3 G19 was golden up until I got to about 700 rounds or so. Then...the ejection went wacky! LOL

For every 15rd mag...I get at least 2-3 to the forehead...no matter what the ammo.

I am really hoping that the Apex extractor and lowering of the ejection port cures it.

Other than this problem...man...I love this G19. It is reliable and hits where I need it to hit.

- brickboy240

ROUTEMICHIGAN
05-24-12, 17:07
FWIW. this is a reply I did on a Jason Falla thread about top 5 handguns:

"Hey Jason-- so here is how it all played out with my Gen 3 G19 (RXR prefix). Sent it back to Smyrna-- I get it back about 4 weeks later saying the gun is to spec and that an 'Upgrade' was done (apparently, they did something to the extractor). I had asked for the new #30274 ejector but that was not done. Go to the range and it's still spitting spent brass into my forehead, eye pro and on the top of my head. So this 'Upgrade' was crap. Mind you, this is all with factory ammo-- 147 gr. Super X and 124 gr. NATO. And I've been shooting long enough not to "limp wrist" and know how to properly grip a pistol. So much internet BS about how this is caused by "shooter error" or "bad ammo". Anyway, sent it back to Glock with a "strongly worded letter" insisting they give me the new ejector. Got the gun back today and Glock did install the new ejector-- went to the range with 200 rounds of the same ammo. BANG, BANG, BANG...NOT ONE SINGLE SPENT CASING TO THE FOREHEAD OR ANYWHERE ELSE. All casings landed strongly and consistently to the 4 o'clock position. This begs the question: WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST DO THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE? For anyone still having problems with their guns-- INSIST that Glock fix it. Don't buy into the Glock fanboy internet crap about it being a problem with you or the ammo you're using or that you have to shoot the gun in a climate controlled bungalow in Brighton. Hope this fix lasts (knock on wood) and Glock gets its **** together. Now, with that the defect is fixed-- this gun rocks. Knew you wanted an AAR on this Jason. Hope it helps. Cheers."

Ranger45
05-24-12, 18:05
No problems with either my G19 (dated 10/20/10) or G21 (dated 03/08/12)...both Gen4's. I did send the 19 back to Smyrna to have the internals updated. No sense in flirting with potential problems.

LMT42
05-24-12, 18:26
My gen 4 did that for the first 200 or so rounds (the first day I owned it), but then after that it started ejecting correctly.

I have a new gen 3 that smoothed out after three hundred rounds. I still get one to the face now and then, but it's one in twenty instead of one in two or three.

LRB45
05-24-12, 20:19
My Gen 3 19 was just like others have said, it would spit cases to the forehead for about the first couple of hundred rounds, after that it has been fine.

It was an early 2011 model.

.45fmjoe
05-24-12, 20:58
Before you buy a gen 3, check the test fire casing date and make sure it is pre 2010. I believe thats when issues started cropping up.

My Austrian marked G19 bought in the election bullshit does the same thing, ejects a bunch of cases straight back into my face. Has never stove piped but being pelted with brass is a pain in the ass.