PDA

View Full Version : plate bumper? plates sitting too low

Esquire
05-24-12, 21:33
Hey guys, I have a dilemma, I bought a set of Velocity system P34 plates and they sit too low in my LBT 6094A, has anyone else had this issue with their choice of PC/Plates and what did you do to remedy the situation?

Failure2Stop
05-24-12, 21:38
You can just duct tape some rubber or cardboard to the bottom edge of the plate

Esquire
05-24-12, 21:41
I may have to go the cardboard route, not a fan of taping anything to the plate itself, but they are sitting a solid 2" too low.

SWATcop556
05-24-12, 23:58
I've used 100mph tape and some cardboard on my work entry vest due to its generic plate pocket. Just be sure to completely wrap the cardboard as moisture from sweat, rain, leaking hydration bladder, etc. will wreck the cardboard.

Or buy a carrier that is specifically cut or adjustable to hold your plates. The SKD PIG carrier is one of the better out there.

Esquire
05-25-12, 06:29
Thanks for the replies guys, my PC is a LBT 6094 A, I was debating between the LBT and the PIG and decided on the LBT since I am very small and the PIG being a one sized fit all concerned me. I am trying out a few different things today from the cardboad and tape to some hard foam I found in the garage. I will post updates on what works out for this particular set up

Esquire
05-25-12, 10:32
So I ended up using some closed cell foam and cut some spacers that worked great, now the only downer is the LBT carrier adjusted as far as it can in both cummerbund and shoulder straps just isn't going to work, with the front plate sitting properly my back plate is a solid 3 " too low, the shoulder straps just can't adjust small enough for my stature.

navyabf
05-27-12, 22:22
If you are near Va bch you can take it to the shop and they will adjust and such for free. May even be able to shoot them and email about it. The guys there are great.

Esquire
05-28-12, 21:12
I ended up deciding to sell the LBT carrier since I had exhausted all means of adjustment and still couldn't get the plates high enough, I ordered a PIG over the weekend from SKD and have high hopes that this will be the one that will solve some of my issues.

Esquire
05-31-12, 22:41
The PIG did the trick, the cummerbund and shoulder straps were super easy to adjust to my miniature stature. The plates are sitting perfectly and thanks to the inner velcro in the plate pocket the plates need no bumper or insert of any sort. This solved my issues super easily, I am very happy with the position of the plates when wearing this PC

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k577/Saltthewound/Untitled-1.jpg

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k577/Saltthewound/photobucket-2830-1338551472182-1.jpg

SWATcop556
06-02-12, 20:45
Looks good. Glad it works for you. The PIG is easily one of the better PC's on the market right now. It's for sure in my top 3.

Bad ass ink too.