PDA

View Full Version : What triggers setup for all Full Auto owners?

bugeyes
05-25-12, 16:56
I like to know what is the favorite triggers setup for RDIAS on AR-15?

justlikeanyoneelse
05-29-12, 23:46
I do not own a full auto...yet...but when I was searching for a rdias my gunsmith told me to look at the Geissele SSF.

jr0xas
05-30-12, 02:14
SSF plus a BAD-CASS works great for me.

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/7826/img3483l.jpg

CarlosDJackal
05-30-12, 13:28
My one full-auto's trigger is stock. I see no reason to add anything else on it. It's not like I will ever use it for Hi-Power matches or Tactical Courses.

My three SBRs have Geisselle SSAs. I have relegated one as my trunk rifle and another is my primary home defense gun. The third one is the one regularly I shoot on weekends. All three are topped with Aimpoint micros.

99HMC4
05-30-12, 20:54
Factory auto parts in mine. I wear them out to fast to use "nice" parts....

rcpd34
05-30-12, 21:15
Everything I've used so far is factory Colt M4 parts and I've had zero issues.

glocktogo
05-30-12, 21:37
My one full-auto's trigger is stock. I see no reason to add anything else on it. It's not like I will ever use it for Hi-Power matches or Tactical Courses.

My three SBRs have Geisselle SSAs. I have relegated one as my trunk rifle and another is my primary home defense gun. The third one is the one regularly I shoot on weekends. All three are topped with Aimpoint micros.

I'll admit that I had a hard time popping for the Geissele SSF, but after shooting my RR M16 before and after, the difference is amazing. I can trickle off 2 shot bursts in FA with the SSF on command. I can go through an entire mag two rounds at a time. If I think 3 rounds, it sends 3 rounds. The extra heavy pull weight of the stock Colt trigger wouldn't allow me to do that. Yes the extra crisp two stage pull on semi-auto is nice, but it's the extra level of control on FA that makes the SSF really shine.

CarlosDJackal
06-01-12, 14:08
I'll admit that I had a hard time popping for the Geissele SSF, but after shooting my RR M16 before and after, the difference is amazing. I can trickle off 2 shot bursts in FA with the SSF on command. I can go through an entire mag two rounds at a time. If I think 3 rounds, it sends 3 rounds. The extra heavy pull weight of the stock Colt trigger wouldn't allow me to do that. Yes the extra crisp two stage pull on semi-auto is nice, but it's the extra level of control on FA that makes the SSF really shine.

Screw that!! If I wanted a burst gun, I would have bought a burst gun. :jester:

Burnit7
10-30-13, 15:42
Hate to necro an old thread, but I was curious if you are limited to only the Geiselle SSF for a great full auto trigger.

Would it be possible to switch out the trigger from one of the other triggers such as the Super Tricon or SD-C as long as you keep the SSF's hammer?

BigLarge
10-31-13, 01:26
Hate to necro an old thread, but I was curious if you are limited to only the Geiselle SSF for a great full auto trigger.

Would it be possible to switch out the trigger from one of the other triggers such as the Super Tricon or SD-C as long as you keep the SSF's hammer?

I run a stock Colt trigger. Only other FA group i've found is the Geiselle SSF.

I have no experience with the Super Tricon or SD-C. Looking at a SD-C picture makes me think it could work. It appears to have an open rear area on the trigger and longer disconnect like a FA Colt.

glocktogo
10-31-13, 13:25

Possibly...

Knight's Armament also makes an upgraded FA FCG.

Dano5326
11-01-13, 11:17
I have over 90K rds on a Geisselle. A very nice two stage semi & single stage auto. Non adjustable and clearly quite durable.

I have tried three other OEM or aftermarket F/A triggers, non held up.

IMO nothing comes close for reliability or feel.