PDA

View Full Version : Diopter Love

WARRIOR84
05-25-12, 17:53
I recently scored a set of H&K iron sights with the diopter rear. They are awesome, I am wondering if there is a difference between the Rainier arms and the Centurion sight sets any one have any info?

seb5
05-25-12, 20:50
I thought Rainier sold Centurion sights? Do they have theirown as well?

WARRIOR84
05-25-12, 20:57
I guess they are centurion sights my bad. Does anyone know the quality?

vecdran
05-25-12, 21:06
http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo71/vecdran/Guns/ar15_irons_build_finished.jpg
I ran Centurion's on my gun when I was going irons only. I loved them, very fast acquisition, but can still be very precise with the smallest diopter. They are rock solid, and I would not be worried about them losing zero no matter the abuse.

Be aware that the drum that comes on the Centurion's does not adjust elevation, only diopter size.

Also be aware that you will need the proprietary HK drum sight tool to adjust the rear sight. Knockoffs can be found on eBay for ~$45, or the real deal for, um, too much.

seb5
05-25-12, 21:09
I would be surprised if Centurion put out any junk. With that said I tend to think that as a BUIS they could be a good alternative. I've always bought Troy BUIS but carried an MP-5 for many years. I sometimes think that a simpler sight would work well.

Joe R.
05-25-12, 22:15
I've been running a set of Centurion sights since they were fist offered (ten years? more?). At the time I spent most of my long gun time on a MP5 so having the same sight picture was nice.

Never had any issues, highly recommended. I did change the rear drum out for the MP5 drum rather then the rifle drum. It gives you 4 diopters rather then the three and one notch.