PDA

View Full Version : Ned Christiansen AR15 & 1911 Armorer - June 30 - July 2, 2012 - Durango, CO

VA_Dinger
05-26-12, 13:59
My friend Ned is having trouble posting these up so I am helping him out;

Ned Christiansen AR15 & 1911 Armorer Classes - June 30 - July 2, 2012 - Durango, CO

Ned Christiansen

Ned is a nationally, and locally, known and highly respected gunsmith. His innovations with the 1911 have produced a five-year waiting list for work. His work and workshops with the AR-15 are well attended and hugely appreciated by all. Ned’s AR-15 Armorer class has been hosted by Detroit-area SWAT teams, the Ohio Peace Officers Training Academy, and the Illinois Tactical Officers Association, to name a few. He is an instructor / armorer with an Illinois state-funded police training organization.

AR-15 Armorer's Course
June 30-July 1, 2012
Cost: $275.00

1911 Armorer's Course
July 1, 2012
$145

This two-day class has also been hosted by Wolverine School and Red Dawn Range as recently as last year. Attendees who were well experienced with the system were awed by the presentation and the amount of material that was new to them.

Ned began his machining career at age six, literally at his dad's knee. He has used the AR15 in various kinds of competition and hunting for over 30 years, and has over a decade's experience with the system in the Patrol Rifle /Police context. As an instructor / armorer with an Illinois state-funded police training organization (nemrt.com), he has gained valuable knowledge of the system's strengths and weaknesses, how the system is used and viewed by law enforcement, and how to pass the knowledge on to those who need it.

Ned uses photos, videos and high-speed videos, animations, cutaways, and discussion to demystify the system. The operating system, bolt group, and trigger group will all be covered and disassembled by students. Barrel and buffer tube change will be explained and demonstrated on a sample gun. With the exception of these two areas, students will be completely disassembling and reassembling their own rifles multiple times. The most common problems, breakages, wear points, and manufacturing deficiencies will be covered in depth. Little to no time will be spent on non-critical areas such as history, dust covers, and rear sights. The time will be used to make sure students are familiar and comfortable with the things that really matter. Ned’s AR15 tools will be available for purchase, BUT, all students will be welcome to use Ned’s personal tools while in class so buying them won’t be necessary.

Accessories, ammo selection, and ballistics will be touched upon according to interest and as time allows.

The Class will be held at the La Plata County Fair Grounds Extension Building. Class will be from 8AM to 5PM with a 45-minute to 1-hour lunch break. Students are welcome to use the classroom for take-in.

Students will be provided with hand-punch of Ned's design and a 3/16 Allen wrench, and a copy of Patrick Sweeney's book, Gunsmithing the AR15. This will be the class book. AR15 Students will need to bring just a few things:

1.AR15 (gas operated systems preferred)
2.Safety Glasses
3.A towel or other working surface to protect the host's tables
4.A flat head screwdriver
5.NO AMMUNITION
1911 Students will need to bring just a few things:

2.Safety Glasses
3.A towel or other working surface to protect the host's tables
4.A flat head screwdriver
5.NO AMMUNITION

http://www.reddawnrange.com/ar-15-armorers-course/

See Ned at www.m-guns.com

To Sign-up please contact Tim at 970-749-3296 or etgwynn@gmail.com

Ned Christiansen
06-08-12, 23:50
This class has been postponed until fall, exact date TBD.

KentuckyRifle
06-15-12, 16:55
I am EXTREMELY interested in this course in the fall. I have family visiting during the previous date, but if we can get a date in the fall I will plan around it for the AR-15 armorers course.

Ned Christiansen
06-18-12, 22:01
Thanks and stay tuned.