PDA

View Full Version : brownells spay on finishes .... plastic frame

kenndapp
05-26-12, 14:42
i am looking to paint my glock frames with od green. some of them see a lot of holster time so i would like a tough finish. i would like to paint once and not have to repaint after a little use and abuse of the weapon. right now i am looking at brownells GUN-KOTE or ALUMA-HYDE. mostly because they come in a spray can and i don't want to go around buying fancy airbrush kits i might need for other spray finishes. the only difference i can find between the two is that GUN-KOTE is a bake on (via oven or sun?) which leads me to believe it would be tougher than ALUMA-HYDE which i believe is air cure. does anyone have any experience with either of brownells finishes be it GUN-KOTE or ALUMA-HYDE? which one is in fact tougher? again my application is plastic pistol frames (and plastic accessories). thank you for your time and experience, gentlemen.

Alacop
05-29-12, 19:03
whatever you do with the ALUMA HYDE. let it cure a WEEK.

Don Robison
05-29-12, 19:08
I've done a couple of holsters and a shotgun with Aluma Hyde; it's held up well. Follow the directions, pay attention to the prep work and let it cure. A week is good, two weeks is better in my experience.