PDA

View Full Version : HK 9mm USP vs Tactical USP?

beschatten
05-27-12, 17:03
How much better is the match grade trigger on the Tactical vs the regular USP? Anyone have experience? My biggest issue with H&K's was the mushy trigger, but I'll be needing something extremely reliable for my concealment so I started digging into H&K's. Super bonus for it being ambi. If the match grade trigger is a big improvement I'll probably get it. Gun range didnt have the tactical for renting so I'm in the dark here :(

Spiffums
05-27-12, 20:48
Have you tried the LEM triggers? I put one on my USP 45 and it's great.

beschatten
05-28-12, 16:38
I haven't handled a H&k at all. I rented the p30 a while ago when I was gun hunting and didn't like the trigger too much and went with a 1911 instead, but slowly I'm realizing the sensitive trigger isn't what I'm looking for in a concealment weapon so I'm back to hunting :/

Any particular reason why you got a 45 USP? It seems everyone prefers that caliber for a USP.

Talon167
05-28-12, 17:55
I really like the Tact's match trigger. Very light.

But, know that the USP 9mm "Tactical" is not a tactical. It's called the "SD", does not say tactical on slide, and does NOT include the match trigger. Why? The **** if I know... probably because HK hates us and we suck. Because of this, I bought the 40T.

Already had a USP in 45 and it's phenomenal.

Hart
05-28-12, 18:57
As Spiffums mentioned, the LEM trigger, try it before you make a decision on the other two.

Kain
05-28-12, 19:32
I've got a USP Expert in .40S&W and the trigger is awesome. It has a very smooth and light double action pull with minimum if any take up and the single action is a light crisp pull. A very nice trigger indeed.

loupav
05-28-12, 20:08
The USP Tactical is an amazing pistol! It's very accurate and easy to shoot. I don't know what it is, but there is something about that gun that just makes it easier to shoot the the rest of my USPs.

beschatten
05-28-12, 20:31
What's the LEM Trigger? Is that a install HK does or does it come standard on certain models?

The USP Tactical on the Civilian Sales website isnt actually the tactical? It does say it comes with match grade triggers though, I'm guessing they discontinued this?

loupav
05-29-12, 09:38
I doubt the DC'd it. I always thought it was one of their best selling pistols.

warpigM-4
05-29-12, 11:03
I have been on the fence about trading out My USP Compact 45 with a LEM trigger I carry it cocked and Locked and found it to be Much better for me .But Like you I have Not been able to get my hands on a Model that has the LEM installed to see if i like it enough to swap

Talon167
05-29-12, 18:51
What's the LEM Trigger? Is that a install HK does or does it come standard on certain models?

The USP Tactical on the Civilian Sales website isnt actually the tactical? It does say it comes with match grade triggers though, I'm guessing they discontinued this?

1) Either. It's their DAO trigger.

2) Not sure what you're referring to. Sure looks like it says Tactical on the slide to me.

http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products/uspt_general.asp

Note, again, the 9mm is called the SD, not a tactical. Doesn't say tactical on the slide or come with the match trigger (best two parts IMO :D ). If you want a tactical, you're going to need to buy the 40 or 45.

Features & System Characteristics:
Threaded O-ring barrel with polygonal bore profile (no O-ring barrel on 9 mm variants)
Match grade trigger (not present on 9 mm USP SD)
Adjustable trigger stop (not present on 9 mm USP SD)

Talon167
05-29-12, 18:52
Gun pr0n:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d135/Talnz167/Cannons/P8274951b.jpg

Casull
05-30-12, 23:47
First off, the USP is not an epic conceal carry pistol. It's huge and over-built. Why? well, when it was designed it was made to take the abuse of hotter loads and such. This is not to say there's never been a ka-boom, there has been.

The USP in a tactical configuration is not my first choice for CCW particularly because of the tall sights. I'd go standard as I actually have.

The LEM equipped USP's are very suitable for carry.
A good explanation of LEM is found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVMJ1IhiEWY

As to answer why I personally went .45 over others was purely preference. Much can be said about the USP45. It can fire .45 Super (but it's not advised; just capable) it features a very different frame size from the 9 and 40 models, and it's simply just "one heck of a .45".

Something to note is the USP's have a high bore due to the double-action trigger and the hammer. You might want something with lower more axis for faster followup shots. The dual recoil spring found in the USP is awesome but it doesn't help with followup like a standard spring.

I have personally found the USP to be very controllable with the proper muscle tension and technique in .45 so It's not the hugest concern in the world.

The USP line of handguns are very, very accurate. I have a standard USP trigger and I hardly feel like I'm in need of a match trigger. Making same hole groups isn't so tough- I can see how a match trigger would help, but the stock trigger not bad or super duper heavy or anything of that sort.

Factory mags for the .45 particularly are VERY expensive running around $60 a mag whether it's 10 round or 12. Promag makes mags many would never bet their life on and those run around $30 just FYI 9mm and .40 factory run around $40 which is OK.

In the end choose what works for you. Just make sure you think on the application and understand what you want. --- Coolness applies some times, I understand that. :D Just know the USP is more meant to be a primary secondary than a CCW unless you go compact. Make it work for ya.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lstq3dJpEk1qa8t8jo1_500.jpg