PDA

View Full Version : Raven Concealment Vanguard 2 ever being released..?

ck1
05-28-12, 01:36
What's the deal? Anyone know if Raven Concealment is ever going to get around to releasing their "Vanguard 2" holster..?
There have been multiple posts on their Facebook page and gun forums saying basically "any day now, next month (months ago), soon, after some legal stuff is worked out, etc."
- but I'm starting to think that there is either an issue with the design, or they may not have exclusively developed the design on their own and are caught up in patent/copyright-issues... but these are just guesses that come to mind, as historically, that's usually the case whenever a product that people are waiting for and that's obviously going to sell some units has trouble making it to market...

I'm getting tired of waiting for Raven, and still hope they get it out... but I'm sure like a few other potential customers out there, I'd be happy to buy a similar design from Blade-Tech or Comp-Tac (at probably a lower price-point) if Raven can't get it together.

Hate to sound like such a jerk, but I just would like to get one, and am pretty sure that having a successful pre-release and then dragging feet for months isn't usually the way products of any kind are brought to market.

Diesel47
05-28-12, 01:52
I have wondered the same thing. I remember seeing that Raven just needed to work our some legal issues then it would be ready in the coming weeks but still nothing. I hope there are no problems and they get it released, I really want to use it for summer. Raven has there own forum here, maybe post the question there.

ck1
05-28-12, 02:08
Having stated the above; part of me is wondering if they aren't actually chasing their tail trying to lock-up some patent/copyright stuff instead of just making and selling the product..?

We all have our favorite/preferred brands/makers, but can how you form kydex and attach it to a belt-loop with a Chicago screw really even be copyrighted..? I mean most of us probably own a few kydex holsters that are different, but that look and work nearly the same, basically clones that are pretty much made the same way and out of the same stuff... never heard of any lawsuits about it..?

Maybe I should have started a thread asking any custom kydex makers if they might make me one, or better yet, should I already be out making space in my garage for a few second-hand ovens and ordering kydex sheets and hardware online... ;)

Sorry if the tone of my posts seem curt, it just isn't all that often when I see a product where I'm like "cool, I want to buy one" and then can't, for months...

TomF
05-28-12, 09:34
Trust that we are working every day to get the VG2 ready and we do not want to do a full launch until it is just right. We learned a few things from our pre-sale, have made improvements, and now we're just getting the final details taken care of.

Believe me, we aren't looking at the incoming requests and sitting back saying "we don't want your money." We're on the home stretch. ;)

ck1
05-28-12, 10:53
Tom, thanks for the update, and also thanks for not getting ticked off with my bitching.

Looking forward to picking one (or a few) up as soon as they're released. IMHO I think you guys have got great idea that should be a brisk selling product on your hands.

Yojimbo
05-28-12, 13:42
Tom,

I got on of your pre-sale VG2's. What improvements are being made on the newer versions?

Ironman8
05-28-12, 13:50
Tom,

I got on of your pre-sale VG2's. What improvements are being made on the newer versions?

If details can be posted publicly, I'd like to know this as well. Looking forward to getting one once it's finally released.

TomF
05-29-12, 09:18
Tom,

The material has been tweaked a bit. It isn't something that is a drastic difference from the pre-sale versions. My G19 is riding in one of the pre-sale ones as I type this.

The updated ones should fit a wider variety of Glock frames with proper retention. There is a lot of variance in frame size from Glock (even within generations).

SWATcop556
05-29-12, 09:40
I'm very happy with mine and it's perfect when I need one for deep concealment.

If it's not out yet it's for a reason and RCS won't put out shit gear just to fill the needs of the masses, which is greatly appreciated.

In the world of clones in the kydex world these days I can only think of two, maybe three companies out there that are making quality kit, and RCS is one of the best.

I can remember a company in the recent past that would "pre-release" gear and then it would be a year or more before it would even come close to a full production release. RCS waiting a few months to make sure it's just right is not anything to bitch about. Especially in an open forum.

RCS has some of the best representation here on M4C and we see a lot about the inner workings and new projects that they have going. Let's not sour that because we want something NOW.

Kfgk14
05-29-12, 19:17
I've been eager to try this holster (if it can be called that? It seems like only 1/8th of a holster :D) and given that its an injection-molded, one-size-fits-all design, I'm hoping lead times will be shorter (or non-existent, that'd be great too) on the VG2.

Also, any idea as to price point?

Traveshamockery
05-29-12, 19:45
Where can I learn about this holster? First I've heard of it.

Edit: never mind, found this thread: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=97187

Jim D
05-29-12, 20:21
I loved mine while I had it, then stupidly gave it to a buddy as a b-day present expecting to just buy another one.

The product is outstanding and I won't buy one from anyone who wants to knock it off. RCS has a winner with this, and I'm sure they want to sell them as much as we all want to buy them.

Waiting sucks, oh well.

C4IGrant
05-29-12, 20:58
I love mine. :D

C4

skyugo
05-29-12, 21:22
i have one. :D yay for buddies that made it to the shot show.

jklaughrey
05-29-12, 21:28
Love the 2 I have. One for use and one for backup just in case I lose or destroy the first.

one
05-29-12, 21:35
I'd really love to give one of these a shot. I hope it's similar to the first one on wait time. That was the quickest I ever got an RCS product.

tuck
05-29-12, 21:49
I'll order one as soon as they become available. In the mean time I'll try to refrain from buying the original vanguard...

mikeith
05-29-12, 22:10
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/willysmb44/beatingA_DeadHorse.gif but how long after the glock version do you estimate the m&p version will come?

DeltaSierra
05-30-12, 00:34
wow... i guess i am behind the times - i just installed my iwb loops on my rcs phantom today.

i'm already counting the days until i can get my hands on one of the vanguard holsters now... :D

pentosinjunkie
05-31-12, 05:48
My sentiments echo that of the OP and I am happy to see that RCS responded to his concerns so exigently.

Anyone can turn out respectable Kydex holsters with the materials, tools, and practice, but there's just something about the RCS Phantom I have for my G19 that makes it more comfortable, concealable, and polished than the other holsters I have encountered. The VG2 appears to be flatly superior to the various MIC type holsters on the market and I can't wait to try one.

TomF
05-31-12, 09:13
I'd really love to give one of these a shot. I hope it's similar to the first one on wait time. That was the quickest I ever got an RCS product.

They will.

Once they go live, we expect them to ship within days of your order.

one
05-31-12, 09:50
Awesome. Looking forward to giving this a try. Hopefully an announcement will come out in this thread as well as others when they're in stock to ship.

ARonBoard
05-31-12, 14:37
This thread seems to have directed toward Glocks. Which is great because I have Glocks. But, how long after the glocks are complete and materials finalized will we see the VGII for other weapon systems.

xcravx
05-31-12, 16:06
I missed the pre-sale on this. I'm excited to see what firearm models will be offered after the full release.

htomeheb
05-31-12, 16:19
This thread seems to have directed toward Glocks. Which is great because I have Glocks. But, how long after the glocks are complete and materials finalized will we see the VGII for other weapon systems.

Specifically M&Ps?

Trajan
05-31-12, 17:34
I'll definitely be buying another once they're released. I love mine.

calabama
05-31-12, 18:23

My apologies if this is out of line, but when people have asked this exact question on the Raven Concealment facebook page a link is provided to this statement.

RCS friends and customers,

We have been bombarded with questions about the VG2 and we certainly appreciate your interest. This note is to serve as a place we can direct questions to rather than answering the same questions over and over.

Release date:

The Glock VG2 will be released as soon as the legal details are finalized. We cannot quote a specific date at this time. Trust that we are working on this as quickly as possible.

Other models:

We would not release a revolutionary product only to offer it for one model of pistol. We typically offer items in order based on pistol popularity with our customers. Please note that our "customers" are often end-users who are issued pistols other than what is most popular with civilian shooters. We will support as many models as we can, but we are unable to comment on specifics at this time.

We sincerely appreciate your interest,

- The RCS Team

Link
https://www.facebook.com/notes/raven-concealment-systems/vanguard-2-information/334598816589156

No sarcasm or disrespect to you and I don't mean to speak on behalf of Mr. Feneis. If he feels at liberty to divulge more information I'd be interested to hear it myself. Just trying to pass along some useful information that I found in my unsuccessful quest for a VG2 for myself.

Based on my interpretation, maybe it would help RCS if a single poll or thread were started to vote upon the most desired non-Glock models for a VG2. Just a thought, and maybe a poor one since I'm not well versed in the proper rules and the etiquette of this forum.

mikeith
05-31-12, 19:51
+1 and Good post. I saw it and I was like "im an idiot for SOME reason i haven't liked their page yet"

I think a seperate post with pole "made by rcs" is a great idea. I feel I have no doubt that an m&p would be the next most popular but what do I know.

Most of us don't pay know or about the specifics of the legalities which is why i think people are impatient. Personally I think it speaks worlds of RCS for going through the proper process for releasing such a product. In the end it will be something worth the wait!