PDA

View Full Version : Need Night Sights for my Glocks; Which Ameriglo's?

Devildawg2531
05-28-12, 10:08
After reading about the issues that some have had with Glock factory sights I am looking at upgrading to steel night sights. Based on feedback in the forum I am leaning towards the AmeriGlo - but would like recommendations on the model. These ould go on the G22, G24 and G27 and be used for IDPA, CCW and HD. Which AmeriGlo's do you recommend?

I am considering these which are $42 on AmeriGlo's website.
https://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/glock/special-combinations

Also looking at these which are $69
https://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/glock/night-sights/complete-sets/u-rap

Lots of options on the AmeriGlo site - feedback?

broylz
05-28-12, 14:45
i absolutely love my Ameriglo Hackathorn Sights. i gotthem from www.lonewolfdist.com on the advice of a good friend.

they are a plain rear and a tritium front with a day-glo orange outline font. i have them on a 35 and a 23 and shoot IDPA and GSSF with them. the font sight in the sun looks like a red dot sight its so bright, almost like cheating. i paid $75/set iirc. i will have these on any glock i buy from now on. will be ordering sets for my 17 and 26 soon as well.

Devildawg2531
05-28-12, 16:14
i absolutely love my Ameriglo Hackathorn Sights. i gotthem from www.lonewolfdist.com on the advice of a good friend.

they are a plain rear and a tritium front with a day-glo orange outline font. i have them on a 35 and a 23 and shoot IDPA and GSSF with them. the font sight in the sun looks like a red dot sight its so bright, almost like cheating. i paid $75/set iirc. i will have these on any glock i buy from now on. will be ordering sets for my 17 and 26 soon as well.

broylz - I like the bright orange front; I'm torn between the orange circle front and the orange square. Did you get the 0 or +1 (I'm assuming this refers to height of the front sight) from www.lonewolfdist.com ?

mark olindale
05-28-12, 16:19

+1 I have them on my Glock and they are very nice.

broylz
05-28-12, 17:55
i got the 0 option. the +1 is for the 45 and 10mm models. should say which isfor which model in the product description.

Sensei
05-28-12, 19:04
I use the AmeriGlo orange/green ProGlo front, coupled with the Pro Operators rears on all of my Glocks. The SKU for the green insert rear sight is GL-227-OP-R and there is a yellow version that is GL-229-OP-R. These rears have a .256" height that corresponds with the standard height front sight. For the front sight, I use the .165" bright orange that surrounds a green tritium insert. The SKU for this front is GL-212-OR-C.

This combination gives you a reasonably profiled sight that is very easy to acquire in the daylight.

GingerPatches
05-28-12, 22:17
I'm shaking down the Hacks on my gen4 26 at the moment. The sight picture is a bit different than my traditional 6 o'clock hold, though can be remedied (so I've heard) by using the 10mm/45acp sights on a 9mm/40s&w gun. Very nice sight picture, however.

Jmacken37
05-28-12, 22:35
I like the Hack type front sight with orange outline and the cheaper wide rear sight that has a front face to facilitate easier racking of the slide with one handed drills. The Hack rear had a sloped/angled front portion of the rear sight last I checked.

Jake

Mudcat
05-29-12, 08:17
I run and really like these.
http://img.tapatalk.com/a69377a5-cc4b-5b25.jpg

Sent from my evil black iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironman8
05-29-12, 08:53
For those of you who run Hack sights:

Just wondering how "sharp" the front sight is for you guys when trying to focus on it for longer range shots (25yds +)?

I installed a set about a week or so ago, and have taken it to an indoor range as well as shooting it outdoors (accuracy testing/zeroing @ 25yds in both instances). Both times, I couldn't get a good hard focus on the front sight and it looked blurry to me. As a result, my groups opened up about 3" compared to Kyle Defoor sights or even stock Glock sights. When I was shooting outside, it was a pretty bright day, and the front sight even seemed to "bloom" so to speak, and couldn't get a good enough focus on it to line up the top of the posts.

No doubt they are fast up close, but I'm not terribly happy with my results at distance. Has me thinking about picking up some RB1 sights since I do like a tritium front and plain rear...

Devildawg2531
05-29-12, 09:49
I just ordered 2 sets of the AmeriGlo Hack night sights. Lone wolf was backordered and checked Grant's website but didn't see the Hack's; found them on www.kingglock.com (no affiliation) for $69.95. Ordered sets for the G22 and G24, will followup with the G27 (like to keep the gun / accessory buying under $200 per order to keep off the wife's radar :p.

Will let you know how they work.

TN-popo
05-29-12, 18:20
I've got Ameriglo's ProGlo fronts (orange) and Classic rears on all my Glocks.

EzGoingKev
05-29-12, 19:59
Right now I am running an I-Dot rear and like it a lot. It has the green tritium but no white outline around it so I think it is a Pro Operator.

Voodoo_Man
05-29-12, 20:03
I run pro I dot operator sights on my g17 and g19.

25y is not difficult, up close work is easy.

CoryCop25
05-29-12, 20:05
iDot rear with the Hackathorn front is cat# GL203 are the fastest sights I have ever used.

If you don't want or need tritium, the Defore combats are very nice!

CoryCop25
05-29-12, 20:09
For those of you who run Hack sights:

Just wondering how "sharp" the front sight is for you guys when trying to focus on it for longer range shots (25yds +)?

I installed a set about a week or so ago, and have taken it to an indoor range as well as shooting it outdoors (accuracy testing/zeroing @ 25yds in both instances). Both times, I couldn't get a good hard focus on the front sight and it looked blurry to me. As a result, my groups opened up about 3" compared to Kyle Defoor sights or even stock Glock sights. When I was shooting outside, it was a pretty bright day, and the front sight even seemed to "bloom" so to speak, and couldn't get a good enough focus on it to line up the top of the posts.

No doubt they are fast up close, but I'm not terribly happy with my results at distance. Has me thinking about picking up some RB1 sights since I do like a tritium front and plain rear...

I find it a tad harder to focus at long range shots with the Hack fronts. You just need to concentrate on the top corners a bit and you can hit just as well. I won the walk back drill at my Vickers VSM class at a 8 inch plate at 60 yards with my G34 with Hack front. It can be done! I am not a long range pistol shooter by any means.