PDA

View Full Version : TSD Combat System Glock 23

MFWIC2
05-28-12, 13:17
Has anybody used or have a TSD Combat System Glock 23 Teir 2?
Been looking at them and wondering if their worth the price.

pr1042
05-28-12, 13:50
Probably come in cheaper going with ATEI or L&M

http://www.ateiguns.com/prices

http://www.landmprecisiongunworks.com/documents/PistolWork.pdf

bikerdog
05-28-12, 14:15
I dont have the tier 2 or ever used one. But I do own their g17 slide with the rmr. Personally I really like having the rmr on a hand gun and plan on adding an rmr to at least two more guns this year. When I get the work done im going with mark at L&M. Overall it will be about 250 to 350 cheaper than buying the tsd glocks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

bikerdog
05-28-12, 14:16
Double post

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Spiffums
05-28-12, 16:31
I had my 34 cut and refinished by TSD. I love it. Thinking about getting one of their slides for my 19 and switching for hotter months.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa272/Spiffums/DSC003651024x768.jpg

MFWIC2
06-30-12, 11:09
Selling my new Beretta 96 A1 to fund a Glock 23 TSD System.
That way it's little brother won't be lonely.;)

By the way nice Glock ^^^^^^^

Spiffums
07-01-12, 08:18
All the T2 gun is is a regular glock with the slide milled for the RMR. It's the same as if you sent in your gun.

MFWIC2
07-01-12, 09:54
Then what's the Tier 1 TSD Glock?

monkyboy
07-01-12, 20:17
I just received my 23 slide from L&M Precision. I had Mark perform his RM07 package and refinish the slide. I have not had the chance to take it to the range yet but can comment that his workmanship is superb.

littlejerry
07-01-12, 20:40
I was able to spend some time shooting a TSD G19(a TSD branded slide, "match" barrel, and RMR). I was less than impressed.

The gun saw a number of malfunctions during a half-day range session. There were a small number of stovepipes but a very large number of light strikes. Toward the end of the day we experienced a light-strike every other magazine.

Assembly quality was sub-par. Both the RMR and front sight came loose and fell off because none of the screws had any loctite(or they were not degreased before application).

Quite frankly I don't think I have ever been impressed with any equipment branded or endorsed by TSD. I would use a more reputable shop to mill a Glock slide.

MFWIC2
07-01-12, 20:41
Could you send me some picks of his work?
So I can decided whom I want to use.
L&M or Doug @ATEI.

Thanks

MFWIC2
07-01-12, 20:47
Thanks for sharing.

I have decided to either go with Mark@L&M or Doug@ATEI after seeing some of their work.
The sights falling off and malfunctions would piss me off. Paying over a grand I expect nothing but quality and reliablity.

I was able to spend some time shooting a TSD G19(a TSD branded slide, "match" barrel, and RMR). I was less than impressed.

The gun saw a number of malfunctions during a half-day range session. There were a small number of stovepipes but a very large number of light strikes. Toward the end of the day we experienced a light-strike every other magazine.

Assembly quality was sub-par. Both the RMR and front sight came loose and fell off because none of the screws had any loctite(or they were not degreased before application).

Quite frankly I don't think I have ever been impressed with any equipment branded or endorsed by TSD. I would use a more reputable shop to mill a Glock slide.

MrMiller
07-02-12, 10:04
Thanks for the kind words guys!

lcfuller
07-02-12, 12:19
In my group of shooting friends 3 of us have had Mark mill the slide on 7 pistols, 4 Glocks and 3 M&Ps. The work has been fantastic and the turn around time very quick. I would not hesitate using Mark again. This is a pic of my M&P9 that Mark completed in the M&P thread. HTH

https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=1134437&postcount=1239

jeremy stanke
07-02-12, 19:50
i would go with ATEi and Doug

MFWIC2
07-03-12, 10:16
After all the research and post's I have decided to send my G27 slide & RMR to Doug @ ATEI.
Now to choose between Tritium or regular suppresor sights.

SPQR476
07-03-12, 13:12
I have tritiums on 2 and plain on one. I much prefer the tritiums. I "find" the dot quicker with the tritiums, especially in low light, and the front dot helps the front sight be more visible through the tint of the rmr glass even in daylight. YMMV, but that's how it is for me.

monkyboy
07-03-12, 15:48
Not to take away from the original post but what holsters do you guys recommend for RMR equipped Glocks.

MFWIC2
07-04-12, 15:28
I have a quick question on picking a Trijicon RMR.
I have a Dual Illuminated/Amber Dot that I have set up on my LaRue mount/Trijicon Accupoint Mil-Dot.
The question is would you use a RMR01 Red dot LED or use the Dual Illuminated RMR?

lcfuller
07-04-12, 16:13
I use RMR 02 LED on my pistols. HTH

M4Guru
07-04-12, 16:16
Not to take away from the original post but what holsters do you guys recommend for RMR equipped Glocks.

Safariland 6378DO for duty style and Raven for concealment

SPQR476
07-04-12, 16:39
Dale Fricke Seraphims and Zachs for holsters. Need to pick up a Safariland for belt/drop carry.

MrMiller
07-05-12, 00:47
Another vote for holsters from Dale Fricke

Quality products, exceptional customer service.

okie john
07-05-12, 08:44
Fricke Archangel. Superb piece of gear.

Okie John

jamesavery22
07-06-12, 08:53
Safariland 6378DO for duty style and Raven for concealment

Is the 6378DO something Safariland does small orders for? I don't see it advertised anywhere. I'm guessing it's drastically different from the 6378? That has the ALS lever attached to the holster by a socket head cap screw right where the RMR would be.

I second the Seraphim for a concealed 19 + RMR. For a duty style holster I had to do this for a 17 + RMR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lrpFYy4hIU

M4Guru
07-06-12, 09:03
Is the 6378DO something Safariland does small orders for? I don't see it advertised anywhere. I'm guessing it's drastically different from the 6378? That has the ALS lever attached to the holster by a socket head cap screw right where the RMR would be.

I second the Seraphim for a concealed 19 + RMR. For a duty style holster I had to do this for a 17 + RMR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lrpFYy4hIU

I had the wrong number, it's the 6354DO actually

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2011/10/21/safarilands-6354do-awesome-holster-horible-name/#more

jamesavery22
07-06-12, 09:13
I had the wrong number, it's the 6354DO actually

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2011/10/21/safarilands-6354do-awesome-holster-horible-name/#more

Thanks for the link. Jealous of the holster.

jamaicanj
07-07-12, 00:09
Mark from l&m milled my slide. Great service from Matk and I would not hesitate to use him again.

As for holsters, I use a dale Fricke seraphim, or raven phantom that I slightly modified by cutting away a little piece of kydex so that the rmr would fit or lastly I use the raven Vanguard 2.

MFWIC2
07-12-12, 03:16
G22 slide on it's way to Mark @ L&M. After talking with him and his fast response to emails. I will put my trust in his craftsmanship.
Can't wait to get it back
Trying to decide on Mil-Spec Green or Original black for the CeraKote.
I think the Mil-Spec green on a black frame would look pretty damn good.

lcfuller
07-12-12, 08:31
G22 slide on it's way to Mark @ L&M. After talking with him and his fast response to emails. I will put my trust in his craftsmanship.
Can't wait to get it back
Trying to decide on Mil-Spec Green or Original black for the CeraKote.
I think the Mil-Spec green on a black frame would look pretty damn good.

I am sure you will be pleased with Mark's work. My friend got his Green on the black frame and it looks great.

MFWIC2
07-12-12, 09:17
Now my only other question is. The barrel was polished.
Should I have it refinshed in Mil-Spec green, black or leave it polished?
The slide is going to be Mil-Spec green with a black frame.

monkyboy
07-12-12, 20:09
You'll be very happy with your decision of having Mark work your slide. Excellent work on the RMR install and slide refinish. I went with graphite black and left my barrel polished. I just wish I had some time to go shoot it.