PDA

View Full Version : Chambered round is being stopped by the next round. What to do?

bigguy1305
05-28-12, 15:12
I recently bought a Bar Sto extended barrel for my Glock 21. When I first try to install it I found out it needed a bit of filling on the hood to lock up correctly. I did that and it lock up just right. Then I loaded it with a few dummy rounds and when I went to the second round it didn't let me. The round in the chamber was getting stuck or stopped by the next round. The end part of the chambered round was getting stopped to the starting part of the casing in the next round. Now when I press down on the slide and try this again it ejected the round just fine but when I leave it as it is it got stopped again.

Does any1 know what part of the barrel do I need to file down to get this working. From what I can see the barrel is not rising enough for the round to be lifted for it to be ejected. So should I file the area where it gets into contact to the slide when the slide is being racked or is there another area that needs to be filed. I checked the hood and that's OK. I also checked the leveling on the underlug and that's leveled. So what can it be.

the first pic is what's happening

the second pic is where I think I need to file down

SW-Shooter
05-28-12, 15:17
Unless you are a competent gunsmith or Glock Armorer that has done this kind of thing before, I'd recommend you leaving this kind of work to the pro's.

There are some things that just shouldn't be done off of "I think I can", alone.

bigguy1305
05-28-12, 15:33
I can do it myself. I've done little gunsmithing work on my guns and my friends. I also make knives, electric and acoustic guitars. So small intrequet work, filing, sanding and just take enough but not more kind of stuff, I'm accustom to that and I do it well. What I need to know is what part do I need to file for this to be fixed. Also here in Puerto Rico there are no gunsmith. I would need to ship it out using a gun shop and the gun shops over here charge $75 to ship any gun out with there FFL for anything.

Vlobb
05-28-12, 15:44
I would call Bar Sto tomorrow and see what they say. They probably know right where it needs material removed.

Also, they make a DVD that could be of some help to you -

http://www.barsto.com/category_main.cfm?ID=dv&cco=89

bigguy1305
05-28-12, 15:50
Thanks. I emailed them about 2 weeks ago but still no answer. That's why I'm on the forums finding a fix.