PDA

View Full Version : Syrac Arms

jklaughrey
05-28-12, 23:07
Looks like a new adjustable gas block on the market designed by Adams Arms. Looks interesting enough. Just passing on info, I don't have a dog in this show.

http://www.syracordnance.com/

Brahmzy
05-29-12, 00:05
I've got 3 dogs in the mail - should be here this week.
These are getting some solid reviews. I've not been a big adj. gas block guy until I saw the design of these. The thing can't unscrew or change gas flow unless you make it change. I'll be testing heavily on a 308, 10.5 and a 14.5. If I like 'em, the rest of my rigs are gettin' 'em. If I can drop to the lightest weight buffers in my A5 setups, I'll be pretty stoked. I'm not expecting much benefit on the 14.5, but we'll see. The 308 needs an adj. GB pretty bad.

Find ManBearPig!
05-30-12, 00:01
I noticed the CEO of Syrac Ordnance, Jason Adams, is the former CEO of Adams Arms, which is a company well known for it's piston AR's. I wonder what caused him to start up Syrac Ordnance, and of all things, make components for DI AR systems?

Also, I am interested to see how this works out as well, and will certainly be keeping an eye on this thread.

justin_247
05-30-12, 00:50
I noticed the CEO of Syrac Ordnance, Jason Adams, is the former CEO of Adams Arms, which is a company well known for it's piston AR's. I wonder what caused him to start up Syrac Ordnance, and of all things, make components for DI AR systems?

Also, I am interested to see how this works out as well, and will certainly be keeping an eye on this thread.

On TOS, he said, "I am not permitted to discuss piston systems at this time. I am no longer affiliated with Adams Arms."