PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever deal with OTL Tactical?

PaulL
05-31-12, 09:27
If you have, they just gave your email address to anyone who ever ended up on their mailing list. I must have bought something from them on ebay, because they have my non-throwaway address (my bad on that one). It looks like they put every single email they've ever gathered in the "To" box so they could send some ad to everybody. Pretty stupid email behavior. They also gave out quite a few USDOJ, .gov, and .mil addresses. The "To" field was so huge it crashed my iPhone.

Good reminder that your information is only as safe as the knuckleheads you give it to. (Sony comes to mind...) :rolleyes:

Waylander
05-31-12, 16:56
That's so damn coincidental because I just got an email from a guy at 556 Tactical LLC that for the first time had me and about 75-100 other guys on the list advertising a raffle ticket for an LSU themed AR15 of all disgusting things :lol:

I'll bet your email didn't have an "unsubscribe" link either which I believe violates anti-spam regs.

PaulL
06-01-12, 00:03
No, it didn't. They got a stern "take me off your list, moron" email, though.

Waylander
06-01-12, 03:23
So did 556 Tactical. He apologized but the damage had already been done.

PaulL
06-01-12, 16:16
I just got my apology email from them. Now they only have 1,168 more to send. :rolleyes: