PDA

View Full Version : Sig Sauer GSR?

Spurholder
08-28-06, 08:43
Has anyone here tried one? I had a few minutes to look over one a couple of days ago, and was really impressed with the fit and finish...does it shoot as well as it looks?

1911Gunner
09-02-06, 13:44
Yes,

I have a first generation. This was before SIG brought the line completely in-house. I did have to send the pistol back to the factory to have them replace the hammer and beavertail due to a hammer lean issue, but they did so without question and in barely a week turn around.

This shoots better than I can. (yet) I love it

Some people claim that the SIGs are better 1911s due to the fact that they have no MIM. I personally don't buy into this argument, however, the SIG is a great gun. Don't let the growing pains and nay sayers turn you away.

BTW - Boston PD entry and apprehension team just adopted the GSR as their sidearm

Don

RyanS
09-02-06, 13:55
I've fondled them quite a bit and they are built like tank. The new Revolutions seem particularly nice. I've not shot one but would jump at the opportunity to do so. The only thing that I don't know if I care for is the locking device on the side of the slide. I haven't heard anything bad about it, I just don't care for built in locks.

1911Gunner
09-02-06, 14:02
That weird screw looking thing on the left side of the slide is actually just a spanner screw that holds the innards of the series 80 safety parts all together. One of the things you have to be mindful of when you shoot this pistol a lot is that the screw doesn't back out. I have read where that has happened to other shooters, and they have lost parts to their guns. No integral child safety locks here! ;)

RyanS
09-02-06, 14:34
Oh. I feel stupid now. I guess I should have actually done some research on it rather than trust what I was told by the gun shop. :o

Mooneys
09-02-06, 16:32
I fired several of them and was happy with their preformence. I have sold ~ 7 to 8 of them (ALL 2nd Generation Revolutions) my customers who return on a normal basis had nothing but good to say.

Tom

DrMark
09-02-06, 19:21
Is holster fit a problem due to its non-1911-standard slide profile?

1911Gunner
09-03-06, 12:43
Holsters for the GSR aren't really a problem. I am currently running a blade-tech UCH which is very comfortable and when I'm wearing is well hidden. I am waiting for a holster from high noon.

I understand that Milt Sparks also has holsters for the GSR.

The longer they are out, the more selection there will be. I do wonder if the safariland 6004 series which fits the 1911 would fit the GSR?

Anybody have any information on this?

Don