PDA

View Full Version : GOOD SHOP IN SALT LAKE CITY?

ROUTEMICHIGAN
06-01-12, 20:43
Hi all-- I'll be visiting Salt Lake City next week and wondering if there is a good, well-stocked shop for ARs in the vicinity? Thank you.

MistWolf
06-01-12, 21:51
Depends on your definition of well stocked.

Try-
Gallenson's Gun Shop
166 E 200 S, Salt Lake City, UT
(801) 328-2016

It's an independent gunshop in downtown Salt Lake that carries very interesting interesting firearms, ARs, Garands, M14s, 03-A3s, vintage handguns and rifles and is well worth the visit

http://www.impactguns.com/store-locations.aspx has two stores in the vicinity. The one in Ogden, which I frequented, also rents full auto rifles.

http://www.getsomeguns.com/ has a shop in Murray and a new one in Orem. I have not been to the new location. The shop in Murray rents full auto.

Cabella's at the Thanksgiving Point exit (Lehi) may not have much in the way of top quality ARs but they have a superb "Gun Library" and very often have very interesting collection of firearms that worth checking into.

Sportsman's Warehouse in Provo usually carries Seasick Sea Serpents and Rail Roaded ARs but sometimes they have ammo prices too good to ignore

If you do a search for Utah Gunshops, you'll pull up others in the area

Shiz
06-02-12, 00:43
Gallenson's probably has the best prices. If you tell me what exactly you are looking for, I can direct you better. I smith for a couple of shops so I have a working relationship with quite a few.

VIP3R 237
06-02-12, 01:00
Sportsman's Warehouse in Provo usually carries Seasick Sea Serpents and Rail Roaded ARs but sometimes they have ammo prices too good to ignore

Thats funny, I get the bushmaster reference but whos rail roaded? The sw in st george has some of the best prices around on colts and they also have lwrc and are supposedly picking up lmt.

Shiz
06-02-12, 01:07
but whos rail roaded?

RR Rock River ...guessing? :)

VIP3R 237
06-02-12, 01:32
RR Rock River ...guessing? :)

That was my first guess but I have never seen a rock river in a sportsmans.

BigHate
06-02-12, 01:49
Gunnies in Orem. (30 min south of SLC). Over the past three years I have spent a lot of time in many if not all of Utah's gun stores. Get Some will prob have the biggest selection of AR's, but I will only do business with Gunnies. That's where I would recommend.

VIP3R 237
06-02-12, 02:04
Gunnies in Orem. (30 min south of SLC). Over the past three years I have spent a lot of time in many if not all of Utah's gun stores. Get Some will prob have the biggest selection of AR's, but I will only do business with Gunnies. That's where I would recommend.

Get some does have an amazing inventory, unfortunately their prices are high and the employees arent very skilled in the customer service department. Smith & Edwards is also a very interesting store worth checking out.

ROUTEMICHIGAN
06-02-12, 02:24
Hey guys-- thanks very much for the great info. To be honest, I'll have a day to kill and want to do some window shopping at a couple places that has the best inventory of guns and accessories-- so not really looking for anything specific. Just places where I can see the most cool stuff and maybe bring back some "souvenirs".

duece71
06-02-12, 05:45
I see you are in Cali, can you legally bring back an AR if bought from another state? Is there a border gestapo checkpoint to deal with? I suppose its moot if you are flying but if you are driving..........
My post is serious, I am asking because I am curious. You said something about "souvenirs"......:secret: Ok, the border checkpoint comment was not serious.

MistWolf
06-02-12, 14:00
duece71, you aren't "buy" curious are you?? :sarcastic:

BigHate
06-02-12, 14:51
Get some does have an amazing inventory, unfortunately their prices are high and the employees arent very skilled in the customer service department. Smith & Edwards is also a very interesting store worth checking out.

Exactly why I now go to Gunnies only.

Kyohte
06-02-12, 20:01
I personally prefer Impact Guns, as they have the best "good gear to junk" ratio out of most places. The Ogden store is their main store, so if you see something on their website that is in stock, it is usually at this store. They have a lot of bad reviews online, but they mainly have to do with shipping. You avoid these problems if you go to the store directly. I've never had a bit of trouble.

Gallenson's is good if you want to see a wide variety of rifles at decent prices, but many of the employees are dumb as rocks, and generally rude. After a few experiences with "know-it-all" employees, I refuse to spend my money there.

Get Some Guns is a good place, their prices are high, but overall decent people. They carry a lot of crap for accessories and charge upwards of $20 for USGI magazines (and surplus Euro AK mags). Indoor range is pretty nice.

Doug's Shoot'n Sports is in the middle of a bad area. Decent selection, shop is dirty, prices are a little high, service is non-existent.

There is also a Sportsman's Warehouse, though I've never been. Also there are countless pawn shots that sells guns.

VooDoo6Actual
06-02-12, 20:22

+1 this.

Shiz
06-03-12, 02:46
Gunnies and Gallinsons both good to go. Polite employees, hit and miss at both stores. In both stores, avoid the employees with toothpicks. :sarcastic:

Iraqgunz
06-03-12, 02:59
Checkpoints are moot. California residents cannot purchase firearms in any state except California due to their 10 day waiting period among other things.

I see you are in Cali, can you legally bring back an AR if bought from another state? Is there a border gestapo checkpoint to deal with? I suppose its moot if you are flying but if you are driving..........
My post is serious, I am asking because I am curious. You said something about "souvenirs"......:secret: Ok, the border checkpoint comment was not serious.

duece71
06-03-12, 05:41
Checkpoints are moot. California residents cannot purchase firearms in any state except California due to their 10 day waiting period among other things.

Ok, if they could, they would have to register them anyway correct?

ROUTEMICHIGAN
06-04-12, 00:05

Yep-- no prob as far as I know. As long as it has a bullet button and no hi-cap mags, I can have it shipped to my FFL in the PRK.

duece71
06-04-12, 05:52
Yep-- no prob as far as I know. As long as it has a bullet button and no hi-cap mags, I can have it shipped to my FFL in the PRK.

Ok, so if you were driving to SLC lets say, could you buy the rifle and drive it back home to the PRK with you or no? The reason I ask is because here in OH, if I were to travel to Michigan and buy an AR or AK, I could take it home with me without the transferal process. This is only for rifles and shotguns mind you, NOT handguns.

Shiz
06-04-12, 07:22
Ok, so if you were driving to SLC lets say, could you buy the rifle and drive it back home to the PRK with you or no?

Yes as long as you are not a red state on the Map.

If you are from Ca, NJ, NY etc. and the gun store employee sees your ID, they will stop the sale. (and sternly lecture you for even trying)

duece71
06-04-12, 07:40
Ok, so the transfer process would have to be done for PRK. That sucks. Its helpful to live in a place that is supportive of ones hobbies/interests.