PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Hill Triple Mount & Accuracy

WillF
06-02-12, 10:05
I am thinking about buying and mounting a yankee hill triple mount (a rail mount screwed tight to the barrel near the sight block) on my m4. I was going to use it to mount a tactical light on the right and a sling swivel on the left. I'm concerned however as to what, if any, significant detriment to accuracy this set up would cause. It touches the barrel, but its mounted pretty far back towards the sight block. Any thoughts?

TucsonFX4
06-02-12, 12:02
Changes to the tension or weight added to the barrel will affect accuracy, or at least point of impact. And your experience may differ from others with the exact same setup. The factors affecting accuracy or point of impact will vary between every barrel. I kind of doubt it will have much affect on accuracy, but you may need to re-zero. I can't speak as to the durability/quality of the product you are speaking about though.

crh428
06-02-12, 12:19
YHM makes good stuff.

The mount you are speaking of will definitely change your POI, and you will have to rezero, as you would with any wieght hanging off your barrel.

As for accuracy/consistency? I dunno, but unless you are putting it on a precision rig I doubt it would be enough to matter. Maybe add a 1/4 MOA to your groups or so, just a complete SWAG...

Sounds easy enough to take off if it screws your accuracy up, though...

WillF
06-02-12, 16:34
Thanks for the replies.

justin_247
06-03-12, 14:39
YHM makes "OK" quality stuff.

Fixed it for you.

justin_247
06-03-12, 14:44
Is this what the OP is talking about? http://yhm.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_8&products_id=133

A better alternative would be a Centurion or DD FSP rail system. This Troy system would be a great alternative:
http://troyind.com/%20/rail-systemsaccessories/rails/ar15m16-rails/drop-in-rails/troy-battlerail-delta

crh428
06-03-12, 18:40
Yeah, there some better stuff out there.

There not BCM, DD, etc...

But there is a LOT worse...