PDA

View Full Version : S&Ws Light & Laser 2008 Invitational

Robb Jensen
01-14-08, 10:11
Below is something from Phil Strader over on the Brian Enos forums, with Comcast I don't get Shooting USA.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/light_laser/competitors.htm

"Smith & Wesson is hosting it's first made-for-TV match. The 2008 Light & Laser Invitational will play host to 9 of the best shooters in the world...and me!

With all low or no light scenarios, each shooter will be using any configuration of a low-light ready USPSA/IDPA Production legal pistol. That means gun mounted lights and lasers! USPSA type shooting and IDPA type scoring will decide who's the best of the best...and the winner of $5000!

Visit the Light & Laser Invitational website for all of the details. Make sure to set your Tivo for Shooting USA...should be a fun one to watch!"

NCPatrolAR
02-19-08, 02:10
Any word on when it will be aired?

LegalAlien
04-28-08, 17:21
Any word on when it will be aired?

This was aired last week Wednesday on the Outdoor Channel - it was pretty good!!

Interesting and exciting to see the pros use (mostly) Crimson Trace Laser Grips.

I missed it in the afternoon, but got the rerun later in the evening.

Edited: - btw - Phil Strader did Very well - don't remember the final placings, but he was in the top 3, I think

USPcompact
04-30-08, 22:38
73.75 - Dave Sevigny
87.17 - Todd Jarrett
87.78 - Rob Leatham
92.62 - Jerry Miculek
94.27 - Bob Vogel
95.79 - Doug Koenig

Jay Cunningham
05-01-08, 00:59
I need to get digital cable...

Robb Jensen
05-01-08, 04:40
Here's the top ten shooters for a completely different match, the Single Stack Nationals. My old boss Phil came in 2nd right behind TGO (The Great One).

Rob Leatham
Phil Strader
Taran Butler
Dave Sevigny
Greg Martin
Ted Puente
Shanon Smith
Michael Seeklander
Michael Voigt
Todd Jarrett

David Thomas
05-01-08, 06:34
73.75 - Dave Sevigny
87.17 - Todd Jarrett
87.78 - Rob Leatham
92.62 - Jerry Miculek
94.27 - Bob Vogel
95.79 - Doug Koenig

I saw this match when it aired on the ODC. Good idea for a match. Hopefully it will be bigger and better next year.

If I remember correctly, Bob Vogel did not have a laser, which put him at a disadvantage in some of the stages that did not allow the shooters to us a white light. I didn't understand why CT did not loan him a laser for the match.

Dave Sevigny used a Glock light on his Glock 34. I also think he used a laser other than a Crimson trace. I am sure S&W, Surefire, and Crimson Trace, the sponsors of the match, loved it that Dave left his competition in the dust.

ToddG
05-01-08, 06:43
If I remember correctly, Bob Vogel did not have a laser, which put him at a disadvantage in some of the stages that did not allow the shooters to us a white light. I didn't understand why CT did not loan him a laser for the match.

I haven't spoken to Bob, but it's possible he didn't want to put a new piece of kit on his gun that he'd never used before. The Glock CTCs change the grip angle pretty severely. Since he didn't know until the night before that he'd be the guy getting the wildcard slot, he probably wouldn't have any chance to play with it. Or he may have tried it and disliked it.

As for the sponsors, I doubt they really care that much. Smith could have stacked the deck in their favor, but instead only had two of the six competitors shooting Smiths.

David Thomas
05-01-08, 07:49
I haven't spoken to Bob, but it's possible he didn't want to put a new piece of kit on his gun that he'd never used before. The Glock CTCs change the grip angle pretty severely. Since he didn't know until the night before that he'd be the guy getting the wildcard slot, he probably wouldn't have any chance to play with it. Or he may have tried it and disliked it.

Good point.

JLM
05-03-08, 02:35
This was aired last week Wednesday on the Outdoor Channel - it was pretty good!!

Interesting and exciting to see the pros use (mostly) Crimson Trace Laser Grips.

I missed it in the afternoon, but got the rerun later in the evening.

Edited: - btw - Phil Strader did Very well - don't remember the final placings, but he was in the top 3, I think

Crap I missed it.