PDA

View Full Version : Gov. Scott Walker Elected.....Again

OldState
06-05-12, 21:53
I think this says a lot about which side is making the better argument.

Now the lefties are saying it was because they were outspent:suicide:

Didn't Obama outspend McCain $771M to $239M??

I haven't heard anyone one mention that yet.

BTW, 1/3 of Union members voted for Walker:eek:

feedramp
06-05-12, 22:00
Looks like there's some hope in the youth vote as well:

Nicholas Jablonski, a 21-year-old college student studying political science who recently moved to Wisconsin from Georgia, said he backs Mr. Walker "because he seems to be one of very few politicians that have fiscal discipline and does what he says."

The_War_Wagon
06-05-12, 22:11
Now the lefties are saying it was because they were outspent

Out-THOUGHT, is more like it. :cool:

SteyrAUG
06-05-12, 22:22
Awesome.

He got elected to get on budget and trim the fat and excess and not surprisingly the fat and excess start crying because their overpaid and unproductive asses got canned.

Glad to see their whipped up hysteria didn't win.

xrayoneone
06-05-12, 22:54
Glad to hear it. After all that trouble Walker should be able to start a new four year term. That should be the liberals punishment for such a frivolous recall.

OldState
06-05-12, 23:23
MSNBC hit an all time low tonight. The scramble to spin this was incredibly pathetic.

What I want to low is why the news polls had it so close.

Packman73
06-05-12, 23:33
Great news; gives me hope for Nov.

Belmont31R
06-05-12, 23:40
Getting a lot closer than it was. I was really expecting another recount and find votes in the trunks of people's cars until "we win"....then immediately certify the vote winning by a couple hundred.

montanadave
06-05-12, 23:42
MSNBC hit an all time low tonight. The scramble to spin this was incredibly pathetic.

While I realize I am generally reviled as a libtard troll around these parts, even I found MSNBC's coverage bordering on the ridiculous. While the margin tightened up quite a bit as more precincts reported, it was pretty astounding to listen to Ed Schultz and Lawrence O'Donnell talk about Walker narrowly escaping the recall effort when the crawler on the bottom of the screen had Walker leading by 20%.

OldState
06-06-12, 00:00
While I realize I am generally reviled as a libtard troll around these parts, even I found MSNBC's coverage bordering on the ridiculous. While the margin tightened up quite a bit as more precincts reported, it was pretty astounding to listen to Ed Schultz and Lawrence O'Donnell talk about Walker narrowly escaping the recall effort when the crawler on the bottom of the screen had Walker leading by 20%.

Maybe its why their ratings are horrendous. I often click on MSNBC just to see what type of crap they are peddling.

The problem that those dopes and people like Bill Maher have is that their rhetoric is so easily discredited by anyone who wants to take a few minutes to "look them up". They bank on most people being to lazy.

Kfgk14
06-06-12, 00:05
I think this says a lot about which side is making the better argument.

Now the lefties are saying it was because they were outspent:suicide:

Didn't Obama outspend McCain $771M to $239M??

I haven't heard anyone one mention that yet.

BTW, 1/3 of Union members voted for Walker:eek:

Tuned 'em out. Don't ****ing care. We win, they lose :haha:

Hopefully this foreshadows conservative prospects in November? If Obummer loses Wisconsin he is in a bad place :D

Then again, do I dare even call them conservative prospects? The current standard of "conservative" being Romney (according to everyone hitting the polls for primary time) I'm not really digging "conservative". I feel like Paul would have been better, but that's off-topic. Really all my ramblings are.

Ya'll can return to normal discussion.

Belmont31R
06-06-12, 00:05

Propaganda...

polymorpheous
06-06-12, 01:12
I'm one of 1/3 union votes that went to Walker.
This state has been in a perpetual state of tantrum for a year and a half.
I don't expect this will stop.
November should be interesting though.

OldState
06-06-12, 07:44
The other stat I love is that over 80% of people polled made up their minds over a month a go. That takes most of the wind out of the "We got outspent" crowds sails.

The_War_Wagon
06-06-12, 07:53

BECAUSE...

POLLSTERS...

LIE.

Having worked in radio and television, I'm CONVINCED, most "polls" are simply a poll of the newsroom - "Hey - you guys all like the DEMOCRAP guy/gal?" "YEAH!!!"

HEADLINE - The DEMOCRAP is gonna WIN!!! :rolleyes:

Remember - if you're important enough to be nationally syndicated, or especially a national news talking head, you HAFTA have an AFTRA card (i.e. - you GOTTA support the union thugs when on-air).

ta da.

Littlelebowski
06-06-12, 07:54
And the CA public "servants" got their unsustainable pension plans slapped down. Nice.

montanadave
06-06-12, 07:56
With the amount of money being poured into political campaigns without any credible means to determine where the cash is coming from, we are assured one of the nastiest, most vile election cycles in history.

I hold out a slim hope that all this money and shit-slinging may actually prove to be "a bridge too far" and American voters will simply tune it all out. Once the money realizes they aren't getting any bang for their buck, the money will dry up and we will get back to hearing candidates talking about substantive issues.

Oh, who am I kidding? We're ****ed.

OldState
06-06-12, 08:03
BECAUSE...

POLLSTERS...

LIE.

Having worked in radio and television, I'm CONVINCED, most "polls" are simply a poll of the newsroom - "Hey - you guys all like the DEMOCRAP guy/gal?" "YEAH!!!"

HEADLINE - The DEMOCRAP is gonna WIN!!! :rolleyes:

Remember - if you're important enough to be nationally syndicated, or especially a national news talking head, you HAFTA have an AFTRA card (i.e. - you GOTTA support the union thugs when on-air).

ta da.

Seems the liberal media didn't learn their lesson. Their recent narrative is that exit polling in Wis heavily supports Obama.:lol:

Yeah, the same pollsters that told them it would be a close race.

CarlosDJackal
06-06-12, 12:53
I'm pretty sure the dumboKrats and the union bosses will try again. And again the whole State will have to bear the burden of spending money it cannot afford just to prove how wrong these two groups are.

Too bad we can't do the same to the POTUS. We probably could have gotten him kicked out last year.

I find it amusing that the obamists and unionists are surprised by the outcome seeing that Gov. Walker was:
(a) Only doing what he promised during his election campaign.
(b) Has effectively erased the state's deficit.
(c) Is able to cut back enough expenditure that they are starting to accrue a surplus.
(d) Has supposedly managed to also lower the Property Taxes in the process. :meeting:

R/Tdrvr
06-06-12, 18:25
I find it amusing that the obamists and unionists are surprised by the outcome seeing that Gov. Walker was:
(a) Only doing what he promised during his election campaign.
(b) Has effectively erased the state's deficit.
(c) Is able to cut back enough expenditure that they are starting to accrue a surplus.
(d) Has supposedly managed to also lower the Property Taxes in the process. :meeting:

That's because he's doing the things that they are against.

Redmanfms
06-06-12, 19:04
With the amount of money being poured into political campaigns without any credible means to determine where the cash is coming from, we are assured one of the nastiest, most vile election cycles in history.

I hold out a slim hope that all this money and shit-slinging may actually prove to be "a bridge too far" and American voters will simply tune it all out. Once the money realizes they aren't getting any bang for their buck, the money will dry up and we will get back to hearing candidates talking about substantive issues.

Oh, who am I kidding? We're ****ed.

Let me guess, because of the Citizens United decision, right Dave???

Previous election cycles have seen candidates and supporters accuse the opposition's spouse of being a whore and using those ill-gotten gains to support her husband, and that was tame compared to some of the other shenanigans. There simply isn't an election in living memory that can possibly hold a candle to those in the 19th Century. Unless this election involves outright violence it won't compare.

Learn something about American history and spare the histrionics.

SteyrAUG
06-06-12, 19:20
And the CA public "servants" got their unsustainable pension plans slapped down. Nice.

Maybe if they didn't embrace illegals and the associated costs with open arms they might have the money to pay those pensions.

The reality is CA is a very prosperous state, but rather than having a tremendous surplus from sound fiscal management they piss through their vast tax coffers faster than a crack whore can go through $20.

Littlelebowski
06-06-12, 19:24
Maybe if they didn't embrace illegals and the associated costs with open arms they might have the money to pay those pensions.

The reality is CA is a very prosperous state, but rather than having a tremendous surplus from sound fiscal management they piss through their vast tax coffers faster than a crack whore can go through $20.

Nope, got nothing to do with illegals and everything to do with pensions and public service unions. For example, San Diego's pensions cost septupled in 5 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

montanadave
06-06-12, 19:27
Please note I referred to the current election cycle as "one" of the nastiest, most vile in history, not "the" nastiest, most vile.

My knowledge of American history is quite sound, thank you, allowing me to dismiss the perpetual hand-wringing of those Chicken Little alarmists continually calling us to the ramparts to defend a glorified republic which is, and always was, an illusion sold to the masses by those of wealth, power and privilege.

How's that for cynical?

OldState
06-06-12, 20:01
Where is the illusion?

This Republic was the first in history founded by free men and designed using the hindsight of what had worked and what didn't over the course of recorded history.

Name another government that went from a third world nation to the most powerful nation on the planet in less than 150 years.

I can't get over the irony of how the left uses the terms progressive and liberal to describe themselves. They are anything but. We are the oldest and freest government in the world. I think those wealthy guys of power and privilege did a pretty good job designing this government. 225 years of vetting has proven that. It has survived many a crisis and the almost continuous effort to misinterpret and bastardize it.

The regurgitated visions of social justice, radical egalitarianism, and central planning have also been vetted several times over. The ideas coming from the American left are not new. As a mater of fact they are 2000 years old a least. They have failed scores of times. Europe is in crisis having adopted these ideas..... again. We now have a President that want to follow their model.

Redmanfms
06-06-12, 20:11
Please note I referred to the current election cycle as "one" of the nastiest, most vile in history, not "the" nastiest, most vile.

My knowledge of American history is quite sound, thank you, allowing me to dismiss the perpetual hand-wringing of those Chicken Little alarmists continually calling us to the ramparts to defend a glorified republic which is, and always was, an illusion sold to the masses by those of wealth, power and privilege.

How's that for cynical?

Ugh, another fan of Zinn. What, do they clone you types in some lab somewhere his cherry-picked and patently misleading "research" still passes as "fact"?

"One", yeah sure, "one of the nastiest," compared to what? Every election cycle in American history has been nasty. Sure you can claim this election "will be one of the nastiest" as much as you want, but so what? The handwringing over the "nastiness" of an election cycle and it being used as some kind of cultural bellwether started recently because leftists had their cocks slammed in the door in 2010. The discussion over the inane and pointless topic began more or less in 2000 when Gore lost his plethora recounts and reached crescendo in 2010 with what was essentially a referendum on the Obama Admin's performance (though the topic was only of interest to the political watchers in 2008 before the election was called, hmmmmm). Your opinion isn't so much cynical, as it is just stupid. Your argument/statement/whatever over the relative "nastiness" of the coming election is insipid and I think, or at least I hope, you are smart enough to realize it. Which is why, I believe, you are backing away from it by making another completely unrelated statement.

So sure, you can quibble over where this "one" will rank in the list of all the only marginally more or less nasty political seasons, but all it shows is that you are afraid that your 'side' will lose and you want to get a start on the bitching over how ugly and nasty the debate was as a passive-aggressive way of denying the results.

Or, **** it, just go for broke and state unequivocally that the Republic is just a ****ing sham.

montanadave
06-06-12, 20:29
Chill out, lads. I think the United States is the cat's meow in the pantheon of nation-states. Thrilled to be here. Couldn't be happier.

But it wasn't born in a state of perfection and there's plenty of room for improvement. And acknowledging that fact isn't some form of sacrilege or treason.

Redmanfms
06-06-12, 20:51
And acknowledging that fact isn't some form of sacrilege or treason.

Really?

**** me, I missed the "acknowledging that this nation isn't perfect and needs improvement" through the "you believe a lie, it's all bullshit" bullshit.

montanadave
06-06-12, 21:00
I will admit to periodically engaging in a touch of rhetorical hyperbole. :lol:

chadbag
06-07-12, 12:30
This is good. Krugman is worse than an idiot.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/06/03/george-will-schools-krugman-gov-walker-3-billion-deficit-he-inherited

---

DacoRoman
06-07-12, 12:59
Where is the illusion?

This Republic was the first in history founded by free men and designed using the hindsight of what had worked and what didn't over the course of recorded history.

Name another government that went from a third world nation to the most powerful nation on the planet in less than 150 years.

I can't get over the irony of how the left uses the terms progressive and liberal to describe themselves. They are anything but. We are the oldest and freest government in the world. I think those wealthy guys of power and privilege did a pretty good job designing this government. 225 years of vetting has proven that. It has survived many a crisis and the almost continuous effort to misinterpret and bastardize it.

The regurgitated visions of social justice, radical egalitarianism, and central planning have also been vetted several times over. The ideas coming from the American left are not new. As a mater of fact they are 2000 years old a least. They have failed scores of times. Europe is in crisis having adopted these ideas..... again. We now have a President that want to follow their model.

Brilliantly said. Our liberty and free market based constitutionally based republic is the real progressive and liberal (politically speaking) system of government. Centrally controlled and enforced collectivist systems are the ones that are regressive, and history has always demonstrated their failure indeed; in the name of envy or utopian based egalitarianism they are only capable of a handful of decades of largess before they spin out of control from bankruptcy...and then the choice is usually chaos or totalitarianism.

OldState
06-07-12, 13:49
Thanks Vlad.

This election made me hopeful. The Founders were well aware of the inevitability of politicians promising free stuff to get elected. It is a major reason why the Contitution was designed to limit the Fed Gov to specific powers.

I think Wisconsin shows that people, when promised stuff, are finally starting ask how it's getting paid for.

SHIVAN
06-07-12, 14:19
when promised stuff, are finally starting ask how it's getting paid for.

I think that only applies to things promised to OTHER people. When stuff is promised to you, there is almost never any accounting exercises conducted to determine feasibility.

OldState
06-07-12, 14:34
I think that only applies to things promised to OTHER people. When stuff is promised to you, there is almost never any accounting exercises conducted to determine feasibility.

For many yes. But I feel more are becoming skeptical.

See the stock market liked the recall results. I also was wondering why the news didn't mention this.

http://www.nationalreview.com/kudlows-money-politics/302001/why-stocks-love-scott-walker#

Evil Colt 6920
06-07-12, 14:44
http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr339/shotgunspree/206073_378131252236415_1873565267_n.jpg

RogerinTPA
06-07-12, 14:52
Best political news of the year!

Did you see the clip of the union worker literally crying and sobbing, while stating "We saw the death of democracy here tonight".

I burst out laughing, saying "That was Democracy you idiot!"

polymorpheous
06-07-12, 15:05
Some crazy lady bitch slapped Barrett for conceding.

davidjinks
06-08-12, 08:32
I did not get to see the actual interview but I was listening to it on the radio...I was laughing and yelling the same thing.

The driver next to me slowed down a bit and changed lanes...

Best political news of the year!

Did you see the clip of the union worker literally crying and sobbing, while stating "We saw the death of democracy here tonight".

I burst out laughing, saying "That was Democracy you idiot!"