PDA

View Full Version : CZ75BD

Monarchos
06-06-12, 14:03
What do you guys think of this pistol? Would it function well as my first semi auto handgun?

Regards

crusader377
06-06-12, 14:27
CZ75 is a good gun and would make a fine starter pistol. I own a 75B and it has been very reliable and accurate and I would recommend it. IMO the biggest strength of the CZ is as a range/ IDPA/ home defense gun. The downsides of the CZ is that it is a poor CCW due to its size and maintenence may be greater than so of the newer offerings out there.

Before pulling the trigger on the CZ, I would also check out the M&P, Glock 19 (Gen 3), and the Walther PPQ. All of these pistols should be within $50-$100 from the CZ and may be a better all round pistol.

quirino21
06-06-12, 14:38
CZ's are great guns, I have 2, a 85 combat, and a SP-01, but I would not get a BD as a first CZ, go with just a B...

Arik
06-06-12, 14:53
I loved my cz85. Adjustable rear sight, very accurate. Just sold it yesterday. I have too many 9s and this one never saw the light of day. Also most of my guns are either striker or DAO and this one was the only sa/da. I can nit pick on little things but no gun is the end all be all. Personally i think it was a great ccw gun. The 85 could be carried cocked&locked like a 1911. Considering that i carry a 40oz 9mm 5946 the cz was lighter, thinner and weighted less but size and weight are different for everyone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

dwhitehorne
06-06-12, 18:07
See if you can shoot a CZ with a decocker before buying the BD. I love CZ's but the B models only. Don't care for the decockers. David

MegademiC
06-07-12, 00:08
I bought a 75 .40 compact because I "liked" czs, they felt good and looked cool as hell.

Now I wish I bought a g19 and was done with it since thats what I'm getting next and last(if I buy another it will just be a replacement g19).

Now I do have mag problems with this gun since its a non-standard caliber in a nonstandard size. If you get a 9mm you should be good to go.

Also keep in mind the wieght. Its not really a problem, just annoying having a steelframe gun when I can have a pistol that weighs much less, that I can shoot just as well, and get replacement parts and accesories and such for much less.

I like the gun, but wish I got it as a range gun later down the road. Just sharing my experience as something to think about before you dive face-deep into a particular platform.

Edit - The sao triggers are amazing. If you get into competitions cz can be fantastic and much cheaper than 1911s and generally run 9mm better (built for it). You have to get a safety model if you go this route though. SAO trigger, competition hammer, and removed fp safety leads to a sick trigger - for competition. That was my plan but I will probably just compete with my carry gun which is gonna change once I graduate.

BUBBAGUNS
06-07-12, 01:58
I love the CZ75. I had two of them.

legumeofterror
06-07-12, 10:24
What do you guys think of this pistol? Would it function well as my first semi auto handgun?

Regards

I have a CZ-75B Omega that is my primary carry pistol. It has proven to be extremely reliable, did the whole "2000 round challenge" deal here:

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?9-2-000-Round-Challenge&p=66461&viewfull=1#post66461

A few things I would recommend are a lower power hammer spring to improve the DA pull and rubber base pads for the magazines. The DA trigger is rather gritty and stacks a bit at first but it will clean up well after shooting/dry firing for a while. People say they are "higher maintenance", but this has not been my experience. All that is required that I would consider "extra" versus the currently popular striker fired autos is the is replacing a $30 slide stop every several thousand rounds.

m39nut
06-07-12, 16:32
I have a 75BD and have had no problems with it at all. I am a lefty so I prefer the BD to the B.

CC556
06-07-12, 16:38
I don't have any experience with the D models, but I have a SP-01 Shadow and of all the handguns I've owned it's by far my favorite.

Monarchos
06-07-12, 19:26
Not to hijack my own thread but I think i'm b/w the P-01 and SP-01 Tactical at this time. I live in a non carry state, but I like the versatility of the P-01 where the SP-01 seems to be the perfect home defense gun

MegademiC
06-08-12, 23:41
my .40 compact is identical to a p01(well po6, and its steel, not alloy, but shape is the same). If I had it to do over id get the spo1 as Im getting a g19 for carry. For a non-carry gun, a sp-01 with a sao trigger and (if your doing competitions) fp block removed would be a VERY nice gun - I'll have one one day. This is all my opinion, mind you, but I wanted an sp01 and got the compact as a compromise... my advice is to stick with 9mm and you'll be happy when dealing with cz.

czs shoot and look sweet, However, for me personally, I shoot a glock very well and the weight and aftermarket support are better for my purposes. If you are doing competitions, get the cz. Whatever you get, shoot the crap out of it before you invest in a ton of mags and such to make sure you want to stick with the platform.