PDA

View Full Version : ATV Accident-HK P2000/SERPA Holster combo

sgtjosh
06-06-12, 15:22
The agent wearing this duty belt was involved with an ATV accident. The pistol did not hold up so well.

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g476/Green_Traffic/Broken%20HK/image006.jpg

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g476/Green_Traffic/Broken%20HK/image007.jpg

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g476/Green_Traffic/Broken%20HK/image008.jpg

Redhat
06-06-12, 16:14
First, is the agent okay?

Second, that is interesting damage to the pistol.

Pistol Shooter
06-06-12, 16:20
Is the agent ok? That's the most important consideration.

Sidearms and atv's get bashed up and broken. They're replaceable. Humans aren't -- hopefully this guy wasn't injured too badly.

How's he doing OP?

E-man930
06-06-12, 16:36
I bet H&K Germany would love to analyze the remains of that P2000.

Talon167
06-06-12, 16:42
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/159441-p2000-holy-s-t-moment.html

chilic82
06-06-12, 16:43
I bet he is glad that it broke. Had it not it could have really injured him.

Failure2Stop
06-06-12, 17:22
I am very surprised that the gun broke before the SERPA did.

Redhat
06-06-12, 18:57
On a side note, you guys (that do ) like carrying your baton right behind your pistol? Looks like that could have been the culprit.

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-06-12, 19:25
Cool thing: still works!

Jk:haha:

El Cid
06-06-12, 19:48
Not at all what I expected when I saw a title that had "Serpa" and "accident" in it! Hope the agent is alright.

Tzook
06-06-12, 20:15
Next time you try to talk shit on a serpa...... ;)

chilic82
06-06-12, 21:09
A little JB weld, she will b good as new!

.45fmjoe
06-06-12, 21:15
On a side note, you guys (that do ) like carrying your baton right behind your pistol? Looks like that could have been the culprit.

Yes, that's what did it.

I received the intel e-mail at work since it happened in my agency; the agent was taken to the hospital to be checked out. IIRC just some bruising, and he will be OK.

xrayoneone
06-06-12, 21:15
The report said the PA was fine. Treated and released at the hospital. As far as the P2000 goes I've seen a few cracked trigger guards and frames. Mainly caused by locked up serpa holsters.

.45fmjoe
06-06-12, 21:17
I am very surprised that the gun broke before the SERPA did.

I tell mine it's a fantastic pistol, and would never break on me that way. I'm hoping stroking its ego will help. LOL :D

AKDoug
06-06-12, 21:20
I know the feeling. A couple years ago I wrecked my wheeler at a pretty good rate of speed. My pistol was in a chest holster and I ended up with a neat L shaped bruise on my chest. (pistol was fine) As well as a bruise on my lower leg that encompassed my entire leg. It took chaining the frame down to a trailer and a forklift to straighten my front and rear racks on the quad.

bondmid003
06-06-12, 22:43
Just bought a P2000 myself, I feel like this was a very unfortunate anomaly. Glad to hear the agent is ok as well.

Failure2Stop
06-06-12, 23:05
Next time you try to talk shit on a serpa...... ;)

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but I have literally torn Serpas off of their mounting platforms with my bare hands during hand to hand work.

chilic82
06-07-12, 06:20
It looks to me that had the gun been in a standard retention holster, it would have possibly pulled out and not broken. What do u guys think?

Sam
06-07-12, 06:34
First, is the agent okay?

From the email I received from a police officer friend of mine:

The agent received only minor injuries; the weapon was loss.

chewie
06-07-12, 07:33
Interesting pix. I sent these along to our firearms instructors. Thanks for the info.

loupav
06-07-12, 09:06
Holy $hit! I hope the agent is ok.

jhs1969
06-07-12, 09:34
Holy $hit! I hope the agent is ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhat

Yes, that's what did it.

I received the intel e-mail at work since it happened in my agency; the agent was taken to the hospital to be checked out. IIRC just some bruising, and he will be OK.

He is OK.

SWATcop556
06-07-12, 09:43
No Compromise!!!! :jester:

Sherpas still ****in' suck.

Glad the Agent was ok. CBP?

M4Guru
06-07-12, 10:32
Damn, that's crazy. Bet he crapped a little when it happened.

Petrov
06-07-12, 10:42
Are those border patrol H&K's?
They have HORRID trigger pull. Really heavy DA only.

SWATcop556
06-07-12, 11:04
Damn, that's crazy. Bet he crapped a little when it happened.

The lst time I went ass over on an ATV I was rashed up pretty bad so I can only imagine the impact this guy felt. Glad he was GTG. I know I would have sharted a bit.

S-1
06-07-12, 11:33
Always put a keeper between your ASP and holster for many of reasons. I'm guessing this agent didn't...

Steve S.
06-07-12, 16:11
Definitely CBP. Yea that trigger is a little rough. Had one in the shop a couple nights ago. Wasn't surprised the agent opted for a Glock off duty.

I never rolled a four wheeler, but I was thrown off one while riding bitch, to have it run over my broken arm (god bless casts).

The worst ATV "accident" I seen in person was a dude loading it up on a truck, and it rolled back a bit. He still has the brand mark of the exhaust pipe on his forearm - years later. Just roasted that flesh right off, and pushed hard enough to make a nice circular gash. So he goes through life with a butthole on his forearm anytime he wears a short sleeve.

What kind of ATVs are CBP using?

yellow50
06-07-12, 16:23
Some stations have raptors or warriors or other 2w drive Atvs. Other stations have grizzlys, can ams etc 4 wd drive Atvs. Depends on the sector and their terrain.

montrala
06-07-12, 16:38
It looks to me that had the gun been in a standard retention holster, it would have possibly pulled out and not broken. What do u guys think?

I think that direction of force on pistol was not to pull it up from holster but rather there was hit in side of gun, directed toward officer body. Baton behind pistol might worked as support point for bottom of grip and pistol basically broke in the middle. Like brick on karate show. I might be that pistol, by breaking in this point absorbed some significant amount of energy (worked like cushion) directed toward officers body and reduced possible injury.

But this is all just guessing based on how broken pistol looks and how was holster positioned in relation to other equipment. If there would be force up, down or outside from body, Serpa would rip off from mounting platform - like Failure2Stop mentioned. This led me to assumption that direction of force must have been toward body - only direction that do not put stress on Serpa mount.

gunrunner505
06-07-12, 16:53
At least the mag stayed in it....:D

NCPatrolAR
06-07-12, 18:04
I see HK didnt load the mag ;)

Clobbersauras
06-07-12, 19:03
I see HK didnt load the mag ;)

Hahaha!

badness
06-07-12, 19:08
the weapon was loss.

Hmmm...Understatement? lol. That gun look like godzilla used it as a chew toy, swallowed it and shit it out a day later.

dwhitehorne
06-07-12, 20:01
Done many reconstructions over the years. It still amazes me at the amount of energy involved in a crash and what the body can absorb. I'm glad the agent is ok.

jhs1969
06-08-12, 00:31
The lst time I went ass over on an ATV I was rashed up pretty bad so I can only imagine the impact this guy felt. Glad he was GTG. I know I would have sharted a bit.

My first ATV crash was twenty years ago, I'm having ACL reconstruction next week as a result. Sounds like this guy was lucky, glad he is ok. It can be truly unbelievable the engeries invloved.

mikelowrey
06-08-12, 01:03

Imagine NYPD with the 12 lbs trigger pull. that SUCKS.

loupav
06-08-12, 10:10
Glad to hear the Agent is ok.

.45fmjoe
06-08-12, 17:46

Actually the CBP HKs are quite nice, I guess they're considered heavy LEM. Some guys I work with bitch about the trigger but I find it's very easy to shoot. So far I've shot a perfect score on every qualification.:dance3:

xrayoneone
06-08-12, 18:10
Just a clarification this was a Border Patrol gun. The Patrol may be under Customs and Border Protection now but they are not refered to as "CBP". CBP is a term used for the Customs guys. The Border Patrol is USBP, BP, the Patrol. Contrary to what Napolitano may think the Border Patrol and Customs perform two seperate and distinct jobs.

Not flaming anyone or any job just clarifying.

.45fmjoe
06-08-12, 18:41
Just a clarification this was a Border Patrol gun. The Patrol may be under Customs and Border Protection now but they are not refered to as "CBP". CBP is a term used for the Customs guys. The Border Patrol is USBP, BP, the Patrol. Contrary to what Napolitano may think the Border Patrol and Customs perform two seperate and distinct jobs.

Absolutely correct, but we all have the same pistol!

BTW, did you see the new SES appointment of a head of the "office of integration" a couple months back? I'm guessing 5 years max and we're one uniform. The CBPO academy fitness graduation standards are supposedly the same now. I can tell you from experience the drill and ceremony is a very big part of the CBPO academy now.

Me personally, I'm looking forward to complete integration so I can do as many TDYs to the desert outside a POE as they will let me! :D

sgtjosh
06-08-12, 21:44

+1
The quickest way to piss of a Border Patrol Agent is to refer to him as a CBP anything.

sgtjosh
06-08-12, 21:47
I'm guessing 5 years max and we're one uniform.

That would be the best way to create a large number of job vacancies for The Border Patrol.

xrayoneone
06-08-12, 22:07
Napolitano wants one investgative agency and one uniform agency. Unless she wants to put new hires through year long academies, get congress to change a couple laws, then get the same congress to authorize entire new fleets of vehicles, uniforms, etc. I don't really see the whole one agency thing happening.

I hope the Border Patrol carries on as the cowboy organization it has always been.

Back to the HK I was never impressed with it. It may have been an improvement over the patrol's Beretta 96 but it was a step down from Custom's issued Glocks. The marine units had nothing but trouble with the P2000.

kmrtnsn
06-08-12, 23:23
Napolitano wants one investgative agency and one uniform agency. Unless she wants to put new hires through year long academies, get congress to change a couple laws, then get the same congress to authorize entire new fleets of vehicles, uniforms, etc. I don't really see the whole one agency thing happening.

I hope the Border Patrol carries on as the cowboy organization it has always been.

Back to the HK I was never impressed with it. It may have been an improvement over the patrol's Beretta 96 but it was a step down from Custom's issued Glocks. The marine units had nothing but trouble with the P2000.

AMO's (Marine) problems with the P2000 (and the USPc) had nothing to do with the gun and everything to do with piss-poor end-user maintenance, or complete lack thereof.

trinydex
06-10-12, 02:34
No Compromise!!!! :jester:

Sherpas still ****in' suck.

Glad the Agent was ok. CBP?

green uniform is border patrol. usbp.

customs and border protection is cbp, blue uniform.

packinaglock
06-10-12, 06:05
Imagine NYPD with the 12 lbs trigger pull. that SUCKS.

12 pounds? Really? holy crap that really does suck. I remember seeing my sons when they were little using both (left & right) trigger fingers when shooting their toy guns. NYPD must train this way too. :smile:

skyugo
06-10-12, 12:27
well since no one has said it.... a glock coulda taken it. :o

yellow50
06-10-12, 13:14

I really didnt like it at first but after getting used to the trigger, the p2000 has grown on me. I haven't had one malfunction in 6000 rounds.
(except 2-3 failure to lock the slide back which was user induced.) And as a F.I. I see alot of the P2000 and how reliable of a weapon system it is.

olzkool
06-10-12, 22:22
I love my sk. Do you think Chopstix can plastic weld that back together? lol

PSBT4117
06-11-12, 15:22
Happy to hear the agent is ok.

Petrov
06-11-12, 16:12
12 pounds? Really? holy crap that really does suck. I remember seeing my sons when they were little using both (left & right) trigger fingers when shooting their toy guns. NYPD must train this way too. :smile:

No the BP DA only pull is worse.
They have a training facility that shares a space with the local indoor range that I am member off. Those DA pulls are designed by a sadistic lawyers who thought he was giving specifications for a ****ing bow draw weight.
**** be upon his infidel soul!

veeklog
06-11-12, 18:12
+1
The quickest way to piss of a Border Patrol Agent is to refer to him as a CBP anything.

I have to agree with you on that one, but that goes way before the merger when BP was still under the INS umbrella. Just because at the time they wore same green R&R uniform DRO and BP were two distinct agencies. Even though PA's could work DRO for 45 Act (overtime) DRO could not work a PA's job on the line.

Sam
06-11-12, 18:28
Folks:

This is not about uniforms or trigger pull, those two things didn't cause the accident.

Discuss the accident and the destruction of the gun.

MrSmitty
06-11-12, 19:29
I'm curious...I'd like to see if that upper portion would still work...

HKGuns
06-11-12, 20:56
I'm curious...I'd like to see if that upper portion would still work...

I'd almost be willing to bet you could tape the bottom back on and it would still fire, if you could hold onto the thing.

ghettomedic
06-11-12, 21:16
WTS: USBP HK P2000, heavy holster wear.

Glad the Agent is okay.

TheDutchman
06-11-12, 22:58
AMO's (Marine) problems with the P2000 (and the USPc) had nothing to do with the gun and everything to do with piss-poor end-user maintenance, or complete lack thereof.

What maintenance with Glock's?

shrimpcaptain
06-12-12, 15:49
OP - did the hammer strut shear off? I don't see it sticking out....

shrimpcaptain
06-12-12, 15:50
I'd almost be willing to bet you could tape the bottom back on and it would still fire, if you could hold onto the thing.

That won't work, its not striker fired. Tape won't sopport the tension between the hammer strut and the mainspring.