PDA

View Full Version : Seeking input from ADS owners

Rolo Tomasee
01-14-08, 20:28
Hello, I have been researching various AR models and am interested in hearing any input from people who have bought the ADS rifle. How do you like them and how do they function? I am interested in the ADS as it looks like a quality built gun.

I am also looking at the LMT but I am also interested in saving money if I can so I am looking at the ADS as an option. I know through reading that the LMT is an extemely well recieved and usable rifle and I am looking at the ADS as a viable option to the LMT.

This will be my first AR and even though I know some say it is a disease that one can get very ill with I plan on this being my only purchase and want to make a right decision.

Thanks for any input.

strider
01-16-08, 21:09
I recently bought an Alpha model and am quite happy. The dealer talked me out of a Rock River and I'm glad he did. I have about 1,000 round thru it before the first cleaning and not a bobble. Shoots to 1-1/2 moa. and for the money was a good deal. Not a steal but very good. I do not like the factory stock as it looks to be mil-spec and rattles a lot. It works just fine though. Over all I give it a big thumbs up! Very good carbine at a very reasonable price.

weaponizer
01-17-08, 07:34
IF this was to be your only AR, i would go with the LMT, at retail, you could buy a lower with a folding stock for $330, a upper for $485, and a Bcg for $130, $945, and never look back...

Geoffrey
01-17-08, 09:00
Any more feedback.

I am also considering getting one of these.

I will look into the LMT too.

GONIF
01-18-08, 13:55
I have an ADS Alpha and it is great,I also have a Colt 6920 and a LMT upper on a Ameetec lower . the ADS is finished nicer than the Colt and LMT and shoots as well . It cost me $799.99 and for that money you can't go wrong . the only change I made to mine is to install a BCM M16 BCG ,not that it needed it but I do that to all my rifles . cheap insurance the way I see it . Shooters Vault still has them at $799.99.

9DivDoc
01-18-08, 21:12
GONIF

Good to know....just ordered (2) ea. from G&R for our nephews...

GONIF
01-19-08, 10:40
the Arms 40L BUS is a great BUS if you need one . wait till you see the ADS in person and handel ,and shoot it ,your going to be pleasantly surprised . :D as a + when you buy a weapon from Grant he will make sure it is 100% B4 shipping it and he will make sure the gas key is properly staked.

C4IGrant
01-19-08, 12:15
LMT's are fantastic and we do sell them. With that said, ADS represents a VERY good value for your dollar.

C4