PDA

View Full Version : Specific NFA Trust/SBR Question

huntsimp
06-08-12, 00:55
Are there any legal issues with setting up a trust in one city, having that city engraved, storing the majority of firearms there, but living in a nearby city with an SBR in my possession?

az doug
06-09-12, 23:37
The city engraved on the receiver is the city in which the rifle was made/assembled/manufactured into the configuration on the Form 1.

I do not see any issues with having the gun at another address. My son and I are grantors/trustees of a trust. Only one address on the trust, but items belonging to the trust are at both of our residences.

Quiet Riot
06-10-12, 06:51
The city on the receiver needs to match the address you put for your trust on the Form 1.

medicman816
06-11-12, 09:19
The city engraved on the receiver is the city in which the rifle was made/assembled/manufactured into the configuration on the Form 1.

That's all it is. It has nothing to do with where the items are stored. Your good to go.

WS6
06-11-12, 09:20
Are there any legal issues with setting up a trust in one city, having that city engraved, storing the majority of firearms there, but living in a nearby city with an SBR in my possession?

I sure hope not, or I will have to move to Oregon after my Form 4 clears on a Noveske!