PDA

View Full Version : Glock goes full auto...Gen 4

BCmJUnKie
06-08-12, 22:57
So last week when I posted a thread about the trigger I had installed in My Gen 4 G17....I got to shoot it yesterday.

First let me start by saying I have around or a little over 1000 rounds with ZERO problems.

Well last night at the range I run the first drill, one press of the trigger unloads 4 rounds.

I was kinda shocked.

Played around with it and when I checked the reset... holding the trigger and racking it. The slide wont go into battery until I let the trigger out completely.

This is the STOCK trigger thats back in it.

Ideas?

BCmJUnKie
06-08-12, 23:09
You think anything could have got bent or broken when he was messing with it?

I know he was pretty pissed after I told him the trigger was wrong after he gave it back the first time. Like I questioned his work....which was obviously wrong

SpeedRacer
06-08-12, 23:54
Somebody messed with the trigger, and now there's trigger-related problems. Seems pretty simple to me. Slamfires, especially in a handgun are incredibly dangerous. I'd be pretty pissed if I was you.

Luckily, replacement parts are cheap and readily available.

rotorblade
06-09-12, 00:13
Could be a G18 Trigger bar.

BCmJUnKie
06-09-12, 00:26
Somebody messed with the trigger, and now there's trigger-related problems. Seems pretty simple to me. Slamfires, especially in a handgun are incredibly dangerous. I'd be pretty pissed if I was you.

Luckily, replacement parts are cheap and readily available.

You have no Idea!

I was PISSED when I got my gun back the FIRST time and it was hanging up. When I pulled the trigger last night...pissed didnt describe it.

When I was thinking about it today and I thought about a KBB and shrapnel or getting hurt......I said some bad words

SpeedRacer
06-09-12, 00:40
I missed the last thread...link? Or, what was the goal/what was this guy supposed to be doing to the trigger to begin with?

BCmJUnKie
06-09-12, 00:48
I missed the last thread...link? Or, what was the goal/what was this guy supposed to be doing to the trigger to begin with?

It was just a 3 1/2 pound trigger install! That was it!

Heres the link
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=106568

Kilo 1-1
06-09-12, 00:58
He didn't touch the slide right? If he's messed with the Firing pin safety plunger (and spring), it could cause it. I've seen a FP safety spring get bound/caught up inside the channel and cause the FP safety to be depressed all the time (and therefore the firing pin prematurely sitting forward) causing slam fire too.

ST911
06-09-12, 10:28
WECSOG at its finest. This is a fairly typical result when trigger "improvements" are inexpertly attempted, especially using non-OEM components.

Return the gun to Glock for their detailed inspection and verification it is within specification.

If you don't return it to Glock, I would replace all internals to ensure that there is nothing in the gun that was messed with.

SpeedRacer
06-09-12, 12:10
From your other thread regarding this:

"I'll try bending it and see what happens."

Famous last words! :D

It should be easy to see what's been bent/broken/polished. I'd still do yourself a favor and just throw a new trigger bar assembly and connector in there (OEM 3.5 if that's what you want).

BCmJUnKie
06-09-12, 12:14
From your other thread regarding this:

"I'll try bending it and see what happens."

Famous last words! :D).

Haha ya...but I didnt.

The gun wasnt in my possesion and I didnt even try.

The stock trigger is back in...thats why Im surprised its doing this

TOM1911
06-09-12, 16:17
He didn't touch the slide right? If he's messed with the Firing pin safety plunger (and spring), it could cause it. I've seen a FP safety spring get bound/caught up inside the channel and cause the FP safety to be depressed all the time (and therefore the firing pin prematurely sitting forward) causing slam fire too.

I have personal experience with this malfunction... Upon inspection, found the FPB spring sitting sideways in the recess.. Bound the slide up just as you described, and would release the firing pin once the slide locked into battery... Take off the slide and disassemble the firing pin and block, then.. Make sure the block and spring are properly assembled.

glen
06-09-12, 19:29
I've heard of a few malfs like that wherein an improperly modified connector was the cause.

I would check the bend on that connector or just replace it.

BCmJUnKie
06-10-12, 00:56
Can anyone post some pics of their trigger bar? Gen 4 please.

CoryCop25
06-10-12, 01:18
I am going to have to say that it is the firing pin safety spring. I have seen this happen before. Debris gets into the spring and it looses tension causing the gun to fire bursts.

Take the slide off of your pistol and push the round plunger in and see if you get consistent spring tension.

BCmJUnKie
06-10-12, 01:26
I just put the 3 1/5 pound trigger in. Its really difficult to pull the slide back, I have pics on their way in 2 minutes.

The new connector looks almost identical....except for a groove in it.

I will check the plunger

BCmJUnKie
06-10-12, 01:38
I think I found it.

The connector doesnt even sit up against the block, the top looks bent "Out" and it doesnt sit flush

Its not catching after the striker is reset and when the slide goes forward it fires.

Does that sound about right?

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j468/Danger131/DSC05472.jpg

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j468/Danger131/DSC05474.jpg

deadly0311
06-10-12, 01:53
The disconnector shouldn't be sitting flush with the housing, but it shouldn't be hanging out that far either. It sounds like the FPS is bound up. Likewise, do you have acess to the Glock armorers plate so you can check the engagement of the striker and crucifix? If not, take an old Glock slide plate and grind off the tabs so it sits flush just above the slide rails. You should shoot for about 60% engagement just before the trigger breaks.

BCmJUnKie
06-10-12, 01:53
Also, you dont have to pull the trigger to remove the slide after the takedown is engaged, it just slides right off

deadly0311
06-10-12, 01:58
that is indicative of having little to no engagement of the striker crucifix junction

deadly0311
06-10-12, 02:02
any chance you can post a picture of the striker?

Joeywhat
06-10-12, 02:02
The connector will be pushed back in when it's in the frame, so that doesn't really matter.

Just go buy a new connector, and replace whatever other parts the 'smith' touched. No sense banging your head against the wall about it for a couple of $10-15 parts.

BCmJUnKie
06-10-12, 02:04
The extractor spring was just smashed down in there sideways.

ZERO engagement.

That fixed the problem with it going into battery after the slide was racked

deadly0311
06-10-12, 02:11
Extractor spring? The one connected to the metal and polymer rod about 2 o clock from the striker or the FPS spring? And you have zero engagement on the striker from the trigger bar?

BCmJUnKie
06-10-12, 02:35
Extractor spring? The one connected to the metal and polymer rod about 2 o clock from the striker or the FPS spring? And you have zero engagement on the striker from the trigger bar?

I mean the spring thats under the extractor, that holds the plunger.

Is that the firing pin safety?

Im wondering what the **** dude did to my gun.

It took me a few minutes to fish it out

deadly0311
06-10-12, 02:42
Yep, thats the FPS spring if it was under the plunger in the slide. The extractor spring is captured by a rod and polymer piece. If you are getting zero engagement with the striker and trigger bar, its likely he tried to reduce the engagement to give you a super fabulous trigger pull. It also looks from your pictures, but I cant tell for sure, that the section of the crucifix at the 6 oclock position when viewed from above has been bent down a little, it should have just a slight up sweep angle to it.

Since you got the spring out, push it back in the recess in the top of the FPS and slide it back in the slide, before you put the slide on make sure you have consistent spring tension by pushing that plunger in a few times with something

Mauser KAR98K
06-10-12, 10:02
Looks like the "smith" thought going from LEGOs to your GLOCK was an easy jump.

Don't go back to him, and make sure you tell your friends.

Is he a certified GLOCK armorer? Is all this covered under warranty?