PDA

View Full Version : XTM Hand Stop

Brimstone
06-10-12, 00:45
What is availability of the new hand stop kit? Magpul site says Summer 2012. Several dealers have it listed but out of stock.

Brimstone
06-23-12, 13:30
Big secret I guess.

Traveshamockery
06-23-12, 14:06
Big secret I guess.

You may have to wait more than 45 minutes to get an answer. There are a limited number of people who keep up with each new gadget, and most of them are probably on a range somewhere right now.

Also, you'd get more clicks if you said "Magpul XTM" in the subject line. I didn't even know what it was, and just clicked out of idle curiosity.

Brimstone
06-28-12, 20:39
You may have to wait more than 45 minutes to get an answer. There are a limited number of people who keep up with each new gadget, and most of them are probably on a range somewhere right now.

Also, you'd get more clicks if you said "Magpul XTM" in the subject line. I didn't even know what it was, and just clicked out of idle curiosity.

So much wrong with this post:

1. There were two weeks between my first and second post.
2. This is posted in the "Manufacturers - Magpul" section, so I think most people will assume that the title refers to the Magpul XTM Handstop.
3. I am not looking for the "limited number of people who keep up with each new gadget". I posted this in the Magpul section in hopes of eliciting a response from someone at Magpul.
:blink:

Anyway, I need a handstop and would like to get the Magpul, but if they are not going to be available for a while I will go ahead and get the Larue. If anyone with actual knowledge of this product would like to post a response, it would be appreciated.

Brimstone
08-03-12, 16:32
Still no date?

Dozer?

jrygrim
09-02-12, 19:10
UPDATE: I just saw on midwayusa.com that the xtm is to be released on THEIR website on the 25th of this month.

I've rarely had a good time trying to get a hold of anyone at magpul. I remember emailing multiple times and calling them in regards to a defective handguard, took a month to get the issue resolved as far as beginning the process. Took another month to get a new handguard back.

Had some questions about their sights, called, emailed, nothing.

I inquire about their sling through email and the next day I get a bunch of information. So they are pretty hit and miss.

Just don't get your hopes up, especially on products that aren't out.

But you know what's funny. I actually emailed Haley directly at one point and he responded within the day. So customer service, meh, training division and direct line to ceo or president (w/e he was)? EZ

sw1911
10-06-12, 11:39
i emailed them regarding the enhanced xtm release date and they said Fall. email was sent last week..

Brimstone
11-25-12, 16:50
They keep teasing me with "coming soon". Definitely by SHOT, but I think I am going to just have to get a Larue instead. :sad:

sw1911
12-02-12, 18:09
looks like botach has both the xtm enhanced panels and handstop in stock. i wonder if it's real or airsoft?

Brimstone
12-02-12, 20:47
No one else shows it in stock, so I doubt Botach has it. I sent them an e-mail asking to verify, but I believe they are just trying to take orders betting on a December release.

sw1911
12-02-12, 21:22
perhaps...but if you check the xtm handstop, the black color is not available when you add to cart while the other colors are able to add. i would imagine black would be the first color released when available.

Brimstone
12-03-12, 13:08
Botach got back to me and they have none in inventory either. I have bought a lot of stuff from Botach, but you really have to double check on inventory before buying. They have no problem selling things they do not have. :blink:

SPQR476
12-03-12, 13:31
XTM handstops should be flowing very, very soon. It's a complex little package, and we had some tweaks on it to make it right which delayed the release. We're our own worst enemy sometimes WRT timelines, we tend to err on the side of "one more detail". I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out, though. I'm as anxious an anyone to get these rolling so I can outfit more guns with them.

thegreenman76
12-03-12, 14:08
Do you have a more precise eta?

AFVeteran19
12-08-12, 07:37
So midwayusa now say 12-30-12

Brimstone
12-08-12, 22:27
XTM handstops should be flowing very, very soon. It's a complex little package, and we had some tweaks on it to make it right which delayed the release. We're our own worst enemy sometimes WRT timelines, we tend to err on the side of "one more detail". I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out, though. I'm as anxious an anyone to get these rolling so I can outfit more guns with them.

Thank you

Brimstone
12-27-12, 22:08
Mine is on the way from Midway now. Looking forward to it.

mikejg
01-12-13, 13:28
I received mine from DSG Arms the other day. It's a pretty nice package. I noticed these new XTM panels lock up much tighter on the rail then the older ones I have. Excellent value for under $20.

CleverNickname
01-12-13, 14:33
I noticed these new XTM panels lock up much tighter on the rail then the older ones I have.

That's my only complaint. The old style locked on plenty tight but weren't virtually impossible to remove, and the new ones are.

sw1911
01-14-13, 18:18
stiill looking for xtm hand stop and enhanced panels. nowhere to be found!

mikejg
01-14-13, 18:23
Did you check DSGArms? That's where I ordered mine from.

Edit: Just checked and they're out of stock. You probably just missed the first shipments to distributors. Keep checking.

Battlepack
01-30-13, 08:33
Will this handstop work on a MOE handguard? If so, what length rail section do I need for it?

Brimstone
02-15-13, 19:57
XTM Hand Stop installed:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8383/8477783622_f34ef50fbc_c.jpg
This is a 16" mid-length upper with a 13" rail.

Shao
02-15-13, 20:05
I find it completely unusable in that configuration. I run mine with an added XTM enhanced panel and the half portion between the stops. On my DDm4V1LW I run two extra XTM enhanced panels between the stops.

Brimstone
02-15-13, 20:17
I find it completely unusable in that configuration. I run mine with an added XTM enhanced panel and the half portion between the stops. On my DDm4V1LW I run two extra XTM enhanced panels between the stops.

Pics?

This configuration seems to fit me perfectly. I grip the stop with my index finger in front of the forward stop and my other three fingers fit just right in the center section. I like the grip and two pressure points.

Shao
02-15-13, 22:57
Pics?

This configuration seems to fit me perfectly. I grip the stop with my index finger in front of the forward stop and my other three fingers fit just right in the center section. I like the grip and two pressure points.

I grip my rifle traditionally and keep the majority of my hand at 6 o'clock. The handstops are useful index points and are perfectly placed for me to quickly access my light. I can still choke up and handle it like a traditional carbine or reach out a bit...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f268/shaofutzer/IMG_1254_zps8412bb67.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f268/shaofutzer/IMG_1255_zpse49f19f4.jpg

This is on my DDM4V1LW upper, on my Bravo middy 16" with C4 rail I run it 1/2 XTM shorter.

Glock30
04-20-13, 13:58
I like it alot. I installed the 3/4 panel between the 2 stops. Big hands! I'm able to get on target alot faster vs. the AFG2. The AFG is a paper weight now ;)

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy16/Upstar2009/i_zps39bc97b9.jpg (http://s773.photobucket.com/user/Upstar2009/media/i_zps39bc97b9.jpg.html)http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy16/Upstar2009/j_zpsab7bd00c.jpg (http://s773.photobucket.com/user/Upstar2009/media/j_zpsab7bd00c.jpg.html)

Big A
06-02-13, 12:57
I've been looking for one in foliage along with the new XTM panels. If anybody knows where I could find them I'd really appreciate it :)

cougar_guy04
06-02-13, 17:07
I've been looking for one in foliage along with the new XTM panels. If anybody knows where I could find them I'd really appreciate it :)
http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/stock-forend-parts/forend-rail-parts/rail-stops/xtm-hand-stop-kit-prod45517.aspx

Brownells shows the Foliage in stock. Beats when I backordered the FDE ones from them in December . . . they just showed up yesterday.

Big A
06-03-13, 10:05
Thanks cougar_guy04. It had been awhile since I had checked Brownells because they hadn't had them, lol...