PDA

View Full Version : Trigger control training - heavier trigger?

littlejerry
06-10-12, 08:37
I want to focus on better developing my pistol accuracy fundamentals, specifically trigger control.

Have any of you used heavier triggers for training in order to improve your performance with lighter triggers? I'm considering putting a NY-2 spring with standard connector in my training Glock to see if my performance improves with my carry Glock(NY-1 and 3.5 combo).

Thoughts? Experience?

Failure2Stop
06-10-12, 09:05
Do it one handed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ST911
06-10-12, 10:38
If you are using a NY1/(-) combo, you already have a very nice trigger. Work with it in dry fire, ball-and-dummy, one handed manipulation, and other trigger control exercises.

I have found that the additional resistance of the NY-types helps some "get it". Others transitioning from other systems may benefit as well.

Mauser KAR98K
06-10-12, 10:44
I suggest work with what you have with the advice Skintop said. I went from my M&P with a FSS kit to a USP and my groupings went to hell. It took my several nights of dry-firing and a thousand live rounds on target to understand the USP trigger. The same went with shooting my Shield. So, transitioning from one gun to another for trigger fundamentals really doesn't work, IMO.

littlejerry
06-10-12, 16:11
Thanks for all of the suggestions.

I think I am going to set up the training Glock(which has a .22 kit for it) with the same 3.5/- combo.

I've been doing more dry fire practice lately and it has helped immensely. This isn't the first time I've done dry fire, but it is probably the first time I took it seriously. I've realized that I have two bad habits:
a) I apply too much pressure to the side of the frame with my support hand thumb. When the shot breaks the front sight does a small clockwise circle unless I keep my support thumb floating next to the frame.
b) My trigger finger tends to ride along the frame or "drag wood." This isn't really noticeable during slow-fire, but it really shows in rapid fire or in dynamic drills which require indexing the trigger finger outside of the trigger guard and then quickly breaking a shot on demand.