PDA

View Full Version : Installing YHM folding front sight...

KILRQQY
01-16-08, 00:13
I've been a long time reader and most certainly appreciate all the great information that's available on this forum. I've never had a need to ask a
question until now. I hope someone out there can help.

I recently purchased a RRA 6.8 upper. RRA didn't offer any sight options, so I
purchased it with the fixed front sight. However, I find the sight too distracting
to use with my EOTech. I'm unconsciously trying to line up the red dot with the
front sight. (I know, BAD habit to get into). For this reason I'd like to replace the fixed sight with a folder. Does anyone know if there is a reason the YHM folding sight is not an option on the 6.8? Is the gas port not sized correctly. The bbl diameter appears to be the same from 223 to 6.8, so the sight should fit. I have not removed the old sight, nor purchased the YHM unit yet. I should mention that it's a mid-length upper.

jmart
01-16-08, 00:25
You might want to consider mounting your EoTech on a riser before going to the hassle and expense of swapping front sights. The riser will elevate the reticule above the front sight. Many find this works effectively in reducing clutter.

wahoo95
01-16-08, 10:30
Installation instuctions for most YHM can be found on their website.

I've been thinking about the YHM sight as well just because I want a folder......anyone got any feedback on them?

Iraqgunz
01-17-08, 13:51
I have YHM front and rear rail mounted sights on my rifle (the same ones I used in Iraq) on my contract gun and they work good. They are damn solid and had no problems with them.

ddemis
01-17-08, 14:08
I also have the YHM front flip and rear folding sites installed on my RRA rifle and they work great. They deploy smoothly and lock up solidly with no problems. I originaly had the standard front sites and have to agree they get in the way. You may want to concider a quad rail gas block to replace your front site, it allows you to mount a front flip site and other accessories like a laser or lights on the sides or bottom. Just some food for thought.

Robb Jensen
02-07-08, 19:51
I've been a long time reader and most certainly appreciate all the great information that's available on this forum. I've never had a need to ask a
question until now. I hope someone out there can help.

I recently purchased a RRA 6.8 upper. RRA didn't offer any sight options, so I
purchased it with the fixed front sight. However, I find the sight too distracting
to use with my EOTech. I'm unconsciously trying to line up the red dot with the
front sight. (I know, BAD habit to get into). For this reason I'd like to replace the fixed sight with a folder. Does anyone know if there is a reason the YHM folding sight is not an option on the 6.8? Is the gas port not sized correctly. The bbl diameter appears to be the same from 223 to 6.8, so the sight should fit. I have not removed the old sight, nor purchased the YHM unit yet. I should mention that it's a mid-length upper.

So you're an expert on what is and what is not a gas piston? But then you don't have a clue about gas blocks? :rolleyes: BTW you're other thread was moved to trash, you can leave your soapbox at the door.

A YHM folding front sight gas block will work just fine on your 6.8 barrel so long as your barrels gas seat is .750"

m700m
02-08-08, 14:50
would that not be correct? what i mean to say is, shouldn't the red dot be in line with the front sight? (co witness) red dot on top of front sight, or front sight in lower 3/4, which ever mount you desire i would think that you still want the dot in line with the front sight. no