PDA

View Full Version : What's the best pre-made ?

dbbrooks
06-11-12, 11:52
Hello everyone I'm new here. Looking for advice. I'm sure I will do a home build someday but for starters I think I'll buy one already made. I like the 6920. Any one have advice on which is best for a first AR?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

C4IGrant
06-11-12, 11:55
Hello everyone I'm new here. Looking for advice. I'm sure I will do a home build someday but for starters I think I'll buy one already made. I like the 6920. Any one have advice on which is best for a first AR?

That is an excellent choice. Another thought is the 6720 (which I prefer over the 6920).

C4

dbbrooks
06-11-12, 11:58
That is an excellent choice. Another thought is the 6720 (which I prefer over the 6920).

C4

Thanks. Didn't know about that. I'll look into it. Why do you like it better?

Preliator
06-11-12, 11:59
You did not indicate whether you had read the stickies section of AR General discussion. That portion should point you in the right direction as far as a starter rifle. Basically it is going to point you to a Colt 6920 or 6720. And Shop with G&R tactical unless you have a fantastic local place.

Stickman
06-11-12, 12:01
Most of these threads get locked pretty quickly, and people are told to use the search function.

If you are looking to get a basic weapon, the Colt family of AR15s is a solid purchase. If you are looking to equip the weapon with rails, stocks, grips, optics, etc., you will find that making your order from an established dealer (like Grant who posted below you) can not only save you money, but can help you with what will or won't work in your intended setup.

C4IGrant

Weight and a flip up rear sight.

C4

Preliator

the 6720 has a lighter barrel profile, with little or no drop in accuracy. Otherwise it is identical.

jhs1969
06-11-12, 13:58
I feel the 6920 is probably the best M4 type weapon that is available at this time. As already mentioned the 6720 has a light weight barrel and is equally a great choice. You simply can't go wrong with a Colt, I own a 6920 and a BCM. That said I am planning to sell both the Colt and BCM to fund a KAC SR-15, I personaly feel this is probably one of the best choices in the AR market.

Good luck, you are already on the right track.

hotbiggun42
06-11-12, 14:34
The Noveske N4 is a very good value as well as any BCM made rifle!