PDA

View Full Version : Top 3 ar-15's

dpadams6
06-13-12, 19:27
What is considered the top 3 in quality ar-15's.?

hotbiggun42
06-13-12, 19:31
That is a tough question but you can narrow the list to about 6.
Noveske
LaRue
KAC
BCM
DD
LMT
These guys all make outstanding AR's

Singlestack Wonder
Colt
Daniel Defense
Bravo Company

Moose-Knuckle
Consult here (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=82739).

VIP3R 237
06-13-12, 19:35
I would say kac sr15 e3, noveske, and lmt mws would be the top 3.

Larue, dd, bcm , and colt are also very very good.

justin_247
06-13-12, 19:35
... depends on your application.

As a rule, if you stick with Colt, DD, BCM, LMT, KAC, Noveske, and LaRue, you shouldn't have a problem.

leibermuster
06-13-12, 20:44
Who makes the best Barrel out of the AR makers is my question.......Or better yet of all those manufacturers who actually makes the whole rifle in house?

Sorry not to derail the thread.

For AR-15's
1. KAC
2.Noveske
3. DD(I'm pretty sure they make most of there parts, at lest the barrel and rail.)

4th place LMT???
I think more manufacturer info is needed.

Javelin
06-13-12, 20:45
I would say kac sr15 e3, noveske, and lmt mws would be the top 3.

Larue, dd, bcm , and colt are also very very good.

Completely agree.

Any of those above will serve their owners well.

AKDoug
06-13-12, 20:47
... depends on your application.

As a rule, if you stick with Colt, DD, BCM, LMT, KAC, Noveske, and LaRue, you shouldn't have a problem. I don't think anyone makes a rifle completely inhouse. DD comes close and they make an excellent barrel.

mkmckinley
06-13-12, 20:55
Who makes the best Barrel out of the AR makers is my question.......Or better yet of all those manufacturers who actually makes the whole rifle in house?

Making all the parts in house doesn't correlate very strongly with quality in the AR market. For instance Olympic Arms makes a lot of their parts in house and they're generally considered pretty low quality, while I believe Noveske only makes their own barrels*. The thing that really matters is finishing and quality control. I'd rather have a company that tests and only accepts the best parts from a vendor than a company that makes a bunch of crappy parts in house.

I don't have experience with all of the ARs mentioned but my Bravo Company, Colt, Daniel Defense and Noveske ARs have left nothing to be desired. The application dictates the features you're going to pay for. Noveske's barrels are top notch and they have some proprietary features that aren't available elsewhere. Otherwise I prefer to use standard USGI parts where possible and avoid the product improved versions of the AR like KACs and LMTs. I can see the virtues of some of the changes they've made like KAC's bolt but I'd rather be able to use my stock of standard spare parts on all of my rifles without relying on a manufacturer to supply proprietary parts.

*I could be wrong on the specifics here but the point stands.

justin_247
06-13-12, 21:18
I don't think anyone makes a rifle completely inhouse. DD comes close and they make an excellent barrel.

I think you accidentally quoted my post instead of leibermuster's...

Whether or not a manufacturer / assembler makes everything in the rifle is not at all indicative of quality. For "completely in-house" quality brand, the closest you're probably going to get is Colt and LMT - they both make their own barrels, receivers, and other components (except for their SS barrels and some of the aftermarket accessories).

LaRue uses Lothar-Walther barrels.

Noveske and Centurion use FN CHF barrels. Noveske also purchases SS blanks from Pac-Nor and does the finishing on them, but I'm not sure where Centurion sources their SS ones (maybe Douglas?).

DD manufacture their own CHF barrels, although I'm not sure if they also make their own receivers.

Bravo Company uses QUALITY components from a myriad of undisclosed vendors, but you can trust that they're quality products.

I read that KAC gets their CHF barrels from Colt Canada, but I'm unsure about the rest.

badness
06-13-12, 22:31
i can't believe so many people answered this question. Actually, i can't believe this thread is still open. :suicide2:

glocktogo
06-13-12, 22:56
Depending on application, it's still a subjective question. For me, it would be Noveske, KAC, JP Rifles and/or LaRue.

Rattlehead
06-14-12, 01:15
I read that KAC gets their CHF barrels from Colt Canada, but I'm unsure about the rest.

A year ago I was told from KevinB that KAC's barrels were from Colt Canada.

3 AE
06-14-12, 01:38
The top quality ARs for you to consider would be:

1. Olympic Arms
2. Del-Ton
3. Bushmaster
4. Rock River Arms
5. DPMS
6. xxxx

Any one of these six should fulfill your needs for a quality AR. Are you in the market to actually buy one or are you just curious?

VIP3R 237
06-14-12, 01:51
double post...

VIP3R 237
06-14-12, 01:57

Sorry not to derail the thread.

For AR-15's
1. KAC
2.Noveske
3. DD(I'm pretty sure they make most of there parts, at lest the barrel and rail.)

4th place LMT???
I think more manufacturer info is needed.

YMMV but this is my experience.

As far as chrome lined barrels go, Centurion arms or Noveske have been the most accurate for me, followed closely by LMT. Colt, DD, and BCM's hammer forged are maybe the longest lasting while also being fairly accurate.

With stainless the Larue LW50, BCM 410ss, and Noveske are the ones to beat with out going custom.

Granted i am by no means a professional shooter but i do try my best. I feel with any of these mfgs you really cant go wrong and most will probably outshoot the shooter anyways.

1. Olympic Arms
2. Del-Ton
3. Bushmaster
4. Rock River Arms
5. DPMS
6. Stag

Any one of these six should fulfill your needs for a quality AR.

:sarcastic: :suicide:

Holy shit that is funny.

Alaskapopo
06-14-12, 02:43
That is a tough question but you can narrow the list to about 6.
Noveske
LaRue
KAC
BCM
DD
LMT
These guys all make outstanding AR's

Lets see
DPMS
Oly,
Hesse

Just kidding.
1. Noveske
2. Larue
3. JP
4. DD
5. BCM
6. Colt
7. LWRC
8. Knights

Sure I left of a few good ones by mistake.
Pat

Alaskapopo
06-14-12, 02:44

1. Olympic Arms
2. Del-Ton
3. Bushmaster
4. Rock River Arms
5. DPMS
6. Stag

Any one of these six should fulfill your needs for a quality AR. Are you in the market to actually buy one or are you just curious?

Damn you beat me to the joke but Stag is actually not that bad and does not deserve to be on the list of rejects you have there.
Pat

MikeCLeonard
06-14-12, 02:55
LMT MRP
Hk 416
KAC
Noveske
Larue
Colt
BCM
Daniel Defense

Ooops...that's more than 3 :D

3 AE
06-14-12, 03:09
Damn you beat me to the joke but Stag is actually not that bad and does not deserve to be on the list of rejects you have there.
Pat

I wasn't joking. When someone can't take a little time and do a search of what is is good to go, then I'm going to recommend the above. Lately a lot of requests for advice concerning what they should buy or consider is reflective of how some of our society operates as a whole. They're not asking for a little help, they asking for the whole government handout. Plenty of Stickies and good advice in numerous posts are available. Seems like the excellent info provide by many a member if you use the search function is being ignored for the sake of expediency. If Stag is good to go, then I'll edit it out in my original post.

Iraqgunz
06-14-12, 04:26
A simple search would have provided more than enough reading material. The subject has been covered numerous times.