PDA

View Full Version : Neat way to send some quality snacks to troops overseas

feedramp
06-13-12, 22:00
Rise Bars is doing a promotion through July 4th (started back on Memorial Day) where they will match every bar purchased through their online store by sending one to troops overseas.

They also have a 25% off coupon code to use in their store, and orders over $60 (before the coupon code, even), receive free shipping.

http://risebar.com/about/rise-to-the-occasion/

Thought that was pretty cool and worth sharing.

Their bars are pretty awesome, tasty, all natural, and most of them are G2G even for folks with food allergies or special diets.

a0cake
06-13-12, 22:48
Good on you man. The issued Clif Bars are good but you get tired of them really really quickly when you're eating 4 a day. Your gift will be a nice change of pace for the guys who receive them.

PA PATRIOT
06-14-12, 00:46
Jay35 when your bars come in can you please list the expiration dates as I was wonder what type of shelve life they have.

Also thanks for the heads up on the good deal and will quote it in the Prep's on a budget section thread.

feedramp
06-14-12, 01:07
They are good for one year from production, and the expy dates on the ones I received from the online order are all June 2013, so they're current production.

By comparison, in my local food stores that carry them, they tend to be about three months later in life (Feb-March 2013 exp dates).

Since these are something I enjoy in non-emergency situations, I keep a pretty good stock of them and rotating through them is a pleasure ;) so the one-year expy timeframe should work fine if you rotate them in a similar manner.

Do feel welcome to cross-post to Disaster Prep on a Budget thread if appropriate.

feedramp
06-16-12, 11:54
Bump for good snacks and troop-benefiting promotion.

feedramp
06-24-12, 00:47
edit.