PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Defense Lowers...

RogerinTPA
06-13-12, 22:29
I've been looking for one for quite a while now, and everyone is out of stock, to include stripped lowers. It's been like a year or more now. Even their web site doesn't list them.

Did Daniel Defense stop selling their lower receivers ?

Are they just producing them for complete weapons?

Will they start selling them again?

Thanks.

badness
06-13-12, 22:33
I've been looking for one for quite a while now, and everyone is out of stock, to include stripped lowers. It's been like a year or more now. Even their web site doesn't list them.

Did Daniel Defense stop selling their lower receivers ?

Are they just producing them for complete weapons?

Will they start selling them again?

Thanks.

Taken from another thread.

Officially DD is not selling stripped lowers any longer.

RogerinTPA
06-13-12, 22:52
Taken from another thread.

I was looking for a complete lower, and noticed that not even stripped lowers were available. I wasn't really looking for them, but it would have been an alternative if I could have found one. I hope this is not the case with the complete lowers. Thanks for the info though.

scooter22
06-13-12, 23:07
I'm pretty positive they stopped selling all lowers a while ago...

RogerinTPA
06-13-12, 23:27
I'm pretty positive they stopped selling all lowers a while ago...

Probably to keep up with their current production guns. Oh well, another LMT lower will do. Thanks.

WARPIG [USMC]
06-13-12, 23:37
You'll be hard pressed to find one...I didn't know they didn't sell lowers anymore until after I purchased my DD upper. You may get lucky on Gun Broker but it's highly unlikely.

C4IGrant
06-14-12, 06:53
They stopped selling them nearly 2 years ago now and doubt that you will ever see them again.

If you want something close (with a flared magwell), look at Ranier Arms lowers. We stock them and think they are one of the best lowers out there. You can also get one with our LPK's. ;)

C4

Marler5811
06-14-12, 07:22
We did stop selling lowers on Dec 20, 2010. Around that time, the demand for rifles grew tremendously and our production capacity could not and still cannot support rifle orders and the sale of stripped or complete lowers.

Beat Trash
06-14-12, 08:20
I support the decision to stop selling lowers to meet the demand of complete rifles.

I currently can't seem to find a complete DD rifle in stock even...

Marler5811
06-14-12, 09:09
I support the decision to stop selling lowers to meet the demand of complete rifles.

I currently can't seem to find a complete DD rifle in stock even...

Give me a call anytime and I'll be happy to help you find the model you want. My direct line is 912-851-3251

S/F

Joe

RogerinTPA
06-14-12, 09:13
This is extremely depressing news but it's what I figured. I guess I'll just add another shot of Bailey's in my coffee then. ;) I have a DD LW middy with a 12" rail a little over two years ago. I was so impressed with the lower, especially the flared magwell, I wanted to get one for another project. Two years seems right since I started thinking about getting one, but with my extremely fluid schedule, I kept pushing it to the back burner. Snooze you loose... I suppose. Thanks for the info gentlemen. Grant, I'll be checking out your online store and thanks for the heads up!

Roger

wahoo95
06-14-12, 09:16
I was happy to pick one up from Grant a couple years ago right before they stopped selling them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

C4IGrant
06-14-12, 09:19
This is extremely depressing news but it's what I figured. I guess I'll just add another shot of Bailey's in my coffee then. ;) I have a DD LW middy with a 12" rail a little over two years ago. I was so impressed with the lower, especially the flared magwell, I wanted to get one for another project. Two years seems right since I started thinking about getting one, but with my extremely fluid schedule, I kept pushing it to the back burner. Snooze you loose... I suppose. Thanks for the info gentlemen. Grant, I'll be checking out your online store and thanks for the heads up!

Roger

I hear ya. My personal SBR is a DD lower. Love it!

C4

RogerinTPA
06-14-12, 09:51
I hear ya. My personal SBR is a DD lower. Love it!

C4

Ahhhh...you had to go there didn't you? That WAS my next project, a SBR. Any chance of a factory registered DD lower being available or special ordered???

C4IGrant
06-14-12, 11:27
Ahhhh...you had to go there didn't you? That WAS my next project, a SBR. Any chance of a factory registered DD lower being available or special ordered???

DD has stopped doing that on the lowers.

I would suggest buying one of their MK18's (factory regsitered) and then keeping the lower and selling off whatever you don't want.

We have them in stock if interested and give you a fair price.

C4

RogerinTPA
06-14-12, 12:02
PM sent...

huntswithweim
06-14-12, 12:35
I think Mega also makes a lower with a flared mag well.

lethal dose
06-14-12, 12:47
I also love the dd lowers and probably won't be selling any. Grant suggested a few good options... Rainier Arms makes a very nice lower if you don't wanna go the complete system route.

TehLlama
06-14-12, 13:49
With an election looming and every DD complete rifle selling, none of those awesome things (like the factory SBR and stripped lowers) are the priority, but if you're willing to wait a year, I suspect that they might get caught up and have the ability to offer those. Very cyclical thing, but right now DD has more important things to do with those lowers.

hotrodder636
06-14-12, 13:55
We did stop selling lowers on Dec 20, 2010. Around that time, the demand for rifles grew tremendously and our production capacity could not and still cannot support rifle orders and the sale of stripped or complete lowers.

Appreciate the true and fast answer from DD themselves!

saddlerocker
06-14-12, 16:27
MEGA makes the Rainier Lowers, they are great imo.

They both have the tension set screw, which I really didnt like at first, but there is no way that it can cause a problem that I can see.
Plus you dont even have to install it if it bothers you.

Now I think its nice to have an SBR lower that I know will fit snug with any upper ( I know it doesnt matter, but again, nice to have)

Grant you dont sell just the DD Mk18 upper do you?

leibermuster
06-14-12, 16:30
Why not get a KAC lower?

RogerinTPA
06-14-12, 16:52
Why not get a KAC lower?

I tried a SR-15 a few times on the range and thought I would like how the controls were set up. After thinking about setting a KAC lower up like my other ARs (with a Redi-Mod, 12 O'Clock light & BAD Lever) and shooting it a few times, the 30+ years of built in muscle memory for conventional AR controls, translated to a negative habit transfer with the KAC. I know, it's a training issue, but the inability to swap and replace parts with the spare parts for the other 5 ARs I own, put an end to me wanting to go down the KAC road. It's probably the finest AR on the market today, but thinking it through, it was an impractical decision for me.

Grant, please check your email and PMs.

C4IGrant
06-14-12, 20:01
MEGA makes the Rainier Lowers, they are great imo.

They both have the tension set screw, which I really didnt like at first, but there is no way that it can cause a problem that I can see.
Plus you dont even have to install it if it bothers you.

Now I think its nice to have an SBR lower that I know will fit snug with any upper ( I know it doesnt matter, but again, nice to have)

Grant you dont sell just the DD Mk18 upper do you?

MK18 uppers are in stock.

C4

big 54r
06-15-12, 11:39
Give me a call anytime and I'll be happy to help you find the model you want. My direct line is 912-851-3251

S/F

Joe

What about the uppers stripped or otherwise....I've been waiting on an stripped upper for a few month's know and the vendor said she didn't know when or if they would be in....back ordered indefinitely she said....:(:confused:

C4IGrant
06-15-12, 11:43
What about the uppers stripped or otherwise....I've been waiting on an stripped upper for a few month's know and the vendor said she didn't know when or if they would be in....back ordered indefinitely she said....:(:confused:

Uppers are also not being sold (currently).

C4

Pappabear
12-13-12, 02:17
Give you a hundo for it. :cool: